• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Manners Stock w/mini chassis bedding needed?

honeybadger65

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I ordered a MCS-T w/mini chassis from Manners Stocks (GREAT customer services by the way) for my stock Rem 700 AAC-SD.

Do you guys think its necessary to send my barreled action in to Manners to get fitted or are the stocks w/the mini chassis truly bolt and go?

Thanks,

-HB65

Supposedly no bedding needed as per manners and people on the hide. As per Clarence Hammonds when he bolted mine up to my defiance action..."I've never seen one not need bedding before and this one moves too, it's getting bedded." So, now I have a mini chassis that is bedded. Better than pillars I guess? Looking back now I should have tried it torqued down to compare before it was glassed.

I'm the same way as you OP. Always curious what everyone else is doing, trying to get an idea of how I want to do/complete a build. But let me put it this way, if 100 people responded to this thread and everyone said bed it, but you went ahead and tried it unbedded and it shot in the .1's....would you bed it? In short, bolt it up and shoot it. If it shoots lights out, you saved yourself the trouble, if not then you can bed it (nothing lost).

I put a rem 700 5r in a T4A last year and Tom told me no reason to bed unless you are chasing that absolute last 0.1 inch. For your application I would certainly try not bedding and see how it shoots. Mine is a real shooter. Capable of 0.3 MOA with FGMM. Good luck