• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners stocks - Altus

AE287

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2019
I am in the market for a Manners stock. Specifically a T2a - GAP. I just placed an order with Manners, and they told me it would be around 6 months. I decided to check with Altus, and they have the stock I want, only it is for a defiance action and a heavy Palma barrel, while my barreled action is a Bighorn Origin with M-24 profile barrel. Altus said they could do work on the stock to make it fit and that it would barely be noticeable for only an extra $100.

Thoughts? Should I just wait 6 months to get the stock from Manners, or go this route (3 weeks max) with Altus. Will this impact the accuracy of my rifle? Thanks

Is this the stock you’re referring to?

If so the ‘inlets’ are just for ejection port and bolt stop. Provided the bolt stop actually fits the differences are just cosmetic. If you don’t care about a slightly misaligned ejection port cut out just buy it and don’t even wait the 3 weeks. If you do care, wait the 3 weeks. Either way you’re good to go.

This is how it could potentially look without it being cut to match the lines of your ejection port. Doesn’t affect my rifle in anyway.

775E57DB-9FEA-4151-9904-A7ACA0088353.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought a Manners T4 from Altus a couple years ago that was inlet for a Defiance Deviant. They modified it to fit my Bighorn TL3. They even repainted the camo areas that were modified. It looked and fit perfectly. I would not hesitate to have them do the work.

Thanks that’s good info. Yes, that is the stock I was looking at on their website

Reactions: rydah
It seems like the paint wouldn’t look right. I think Manners molds it in right? Whatever, if they can make it look good that’s all I care about

It seems like the paint wouldn’t look right. I think Manners molds it in right? Whatever, if they can make it look good that’s all I care about
Another thing to consider is what length of pull do you need? Is their standard of (edit: 13.75”), or whatever it is, too long for you?

I ordered a T2A GAP from Manners with a 13” LOP.

That’s the only thing you’d need to consider. Altus will take care of you, otherwise. Hell they could also probably shorten one of their stocks for you if needed.

Reactions: AE287