• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Manners stocks for Tikka T3

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Hello all,

I've read somewhere here and on Manners' site that their stocks can be inletted to fit Tikka T3s. Does anyone know if the stocks are also inletted to fit Tikka's factory bottom "metal" and magazine system? Or will you have to use the Badger M5 or HS Mag system? I tried contacting Manners but no reply yet. Thanks.

Re: Manners stocks for Tikka T3

I just traded for a Tikka T3 Tactical. I love the Rifle but the stock while functional just feels cheap. I had also heard Manners was inleting for the T3 so I called them. The man I spoke with said the T3 is not offered at this time, but because the demand is high and getting higher they were going to start doing it as a standard inlet. He gave me a time frame of 3-4 months. He also advised they had not decided what route to go as far as bottom metal. Hope this helps. I know I'll be calling them back in 3-4 months!

I have been exploring stock options for the Tikka T3s for a while and so far Manners and the RCS offered by Roedale Precision are most appealing. The RCS at current exchange rates is basically a Manners T4A, but still needs cheek rest, buttpad and grip to make it a functioning stock, albeit minimalistic until the AI skins are added... If the Manners will only go with either the Badger M5 or HS, then the pricing difference is a wash between the two... Choices choices... My eyes are glued to the exchange rates every morning hoping for the US dollar to rise in value.
laugh.gif

I may just modify the factory stock (when I get gun) to add more weight and duracoat it until more, or cheaper options are available. I wonder if B&C will start inletting for Tikkas... They should anyway.

I have owned a tikka t3 22-250 varmint. The action was of course smooth and it shot pretty good. I wanted the rifle for prairie dogg-n. The problem was, i couldnt see my hits or misses. The stock is a piece of crap, and way to light in the back end. I sold the rifle. I am thinking about buying another in 223, but i am going to wait until i know i can buy a stock for it. I have been e-mailing manners about in-letting a stock for the tikka, and they dont respond! I thought that was kinda weird since every other time i send them a message the lady response with in 24hr. I thought they were avoiding the question, so i sent another e-mail an hour after i sent the one concerning the t3. She answered that question but nothing concerning the tikka?? I am not sure what to make of that. Anyway i am glad to hear they have it in the works. Thanks Lee

We are in the process of working on a prototype version of the mcs-t4a for the tikka T3. We should have some more information the end of the month. We have gotten a lot of request over last year to do this inlet. If not the T4A stock, what would you guys like to see it in? Thank you very much,

Tom
As the majority of tikka T3 are hunting rifles and are let down by the POS stock, an ultra light hunting stock would be a real seller! How about the MCS-UL for the T3?

I would won't one of each for my T3 Battue & T3 Super Varmint.

Thomas
Thanks for confirming this here, I have been flooding you with emails about the M4A stock but all I've heard earlier is "in the future" or "soon"
grin.gif
Didn't know what to make of it.
Looks like it finally will happen now. I think the M4A would be perfect for most people, as for which other stock I think the T1 is better looking than the M4 (without knowing how it feels), and it saves some weight. Only downside is the lack of adjustable cheek piece, but it would probably be alot heavier with that.

OT - Does anyone know how much the factory T3 Tactical stock weighs?

I would still like to see another stock with adjustable cheek so maybe the T2A?

+ 1 for T2A that would be a great option.

Just keeping this thread alive. I also think a MCS-T or T3 would be great options

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not buy an uninletted one and have your smith inlet it for your action? </div></div>

not too bad of an idea

does the Tikka have the same bolt spacing as a Rem 700? cause a real DBM setup for the tikka would also be super

I just bought a mcmillan semi inlet and it isn't super easy to find someone that can inlet the stock in a timely cost efficient manner. With this said I will probably not buy a semi inlet or a non inletted stock again. Tikka actions are very very nice and when we have a better option for a stock such as the manners you will see more and more people build on this action. I most certainly will. So Any of the manners stocks will be a blessing. Top please dont limit yourself to one stock for this inlet, as the spices of life are wonderful. I want a T3 but the next fella may want a T4? Please keep us informed on this major brake through!!!!!!! Lee

One of the main obstacles with building on a Tikka action is the metric barrel thread when chambering a new barrel, and I've had several smiths tell me they won't mess with it for a build. I have found smiths that will do it, but most of the time they still recommend either a Remington or even a Howa action due to expense and the work involved. If you are just taking the factory barreled action and putting into an aftermarket stock then either the new Manners or Roedale's AICS clone will work just fine.

Takes literaly 2 minutes to change 2 change wheels on the lathe to go from metric to imperial.

I hope Tom does the whole line up fo stocks for the T3.

To be honest, its a fairly easy job to alter a remington stock to take a T3. now a basic inlet for a remington, with no bolt handle cut and no screw holes would be easyer still.
But a dedicated T3 inlet would be cool

Pete

Pete would droping into one of these stocks keep the floating block recoil lug in the standard T3s or would it be changed to a more conventional Remington style lug?

Norcal Pheonix. The Robertson stocks come with a recoil lug the same as the tikke laug stuck in the stock. I thought about using a remington style recoil lug the last time i was truning the action face of a tikka T3 back whilst truing er up.. , but to be honest that might be a step backwards,
I fancy a bedding block that can be glued in just the the ones the Barnard actions use, but the standard T3 lug works ok, bit fiddly when bedding but no major drama

Pete

pete is there anything special to do or not do when bedding a tikka t3 rifle given that different style recoil lug

Any progress on this??

Rath

No nothing special, just dont get too much bedding compound piled up around the recoil lug,
and make sure that the depth of the slot for the recoil lug is only as deep as it needs to be, otherwise you'll end up pushing the recoil lug down into the stock and the gap above in the action will fill with bedding compound. hence you will have a recoil lug made of bedding compound and an alloy lug in the stock doing nothing below the bedding.
The Robertson stocks ive seen where inletted just right for the lug, the factory tikka stocks have a void below the lug,..

regards Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are in the process of working on a prototype version of the mcs-t4a for the tikka T3. We should have some more information the end of the month. We have gotten a lot of request over last year to do this inlet. If not the T4A stock, what would you guys like to see it in? Thank you very much,</div></div>

Any updates on a inlet for the Tikka.