• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners stocks, gloss or matte for durability????

Genin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2004
Williamsport, Pa
Hello Hide,
I’m researching in prep to purchase my first manners stock. I’ve noticed you can get a gloss coat for only a few bucks extra. Is that gloss clear coat better for durability than the standard matte finish?

Would also love to see your gloss manners stocks for reference as examples in searches have been few.

Both are plenty durable. It's more for how people like their rifles to look. Here is a pic of the Bloodshot camo in both gloss and flat. Just comes down to the look the shooter wants for the rifle.

IMG_1028(2).jpg
IMG_1035(13).jpg

Thank you! Man that gloss looks awesome. I may have to go the gloss route. Makes the colors and carbon pop it seems

Reactions: Rob01
I had a tcs in high plains gloss, it was the best looking stock I have ever owned. The pic doesn’t do it justice
1AAEC47A-EA17-4B53-98DF-EB24DF437F4B.jpeg

Reactions: Genin
Ok approved my order just a few minutes ago! Now the 6 month wait begins!!!!! Jim with sales is an awesome dude btw. Really helpful.

Attachments

• BD951FFD-AA70-4EC5-A12A-20935F674DBA.jpeg
    BD951FFD-AA70-4EC5-A12A-20935F674DBA.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Rob01
Gloss finishes 99% are more durable in many applications. However, in most cases we are splitting hairs.

So, I assume many have used the rattle can gloss on their matte stocks. How does it work out?

I said it was the best looking stock I ever had. I don’t have the stock anymore because someone liked the rifle more than I did
I just got a tcs in midnight camo matte but thinking of doing the high plains gloss like the one you had. The gloss really makes the carbon fiber pop. Did you have any issues with the gloss finish being slippery?

So, I assume many have used the rattle can gloss on their matte stocks. How does it work out?

FYI, manners charges $50 plus $30 return shipping if you want to send a matte stock back to them to get refinished in gloss. I just shipped off a friend's matte carbon fiber T4A for refinishing.