• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners T-4 for Savage MarkII..... Reality !

AKAce

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Mid TN
www.koenigspr.com
After much talking and Pleading, I got Tom Manners to do a Custom Inlet, Their famous T-4 Stock inletted for the Savage MarkII Rimfire (Using TR Bottom metal and Trigger Guard).

The results are Unreal ! I liked the TR in the Boyd stock but it always felt Different than my Match guns that all live in T-4's. I had a hard time justifying a close to $500 stock for a .22 but it's a No Brainer. You save that in just a few months of using .22 ammo VS Centerfire and you get to train a BUNCH More. Laying behind this thing feels just like all my other rifles ! It is the Perfect Trainer now !

This rifle was used to win first Place in the Dark Hollow Rimfire Tactical match this past weekend (Congrats Greene) The Pillars and rock solid stock made a accurate rifle into a Hammer.

I have it on Very good info that there is a Group Buy coming Very soon for this inlet, but he needs at least 10 orders to set the machines up. Judging from the people that shot mine this past weekend I don't think that will be hard to get !

tr1.JPG

tr2.JPG

tr3.JPG

tr4.JPG

Action Pics from the match coming Soon !

Re: Manners T-4 for Savage MarkII..... Reality !

Damn you Ace! That's freakin' beautiful!!!!

Damn... this makes me regret getting rid of my Mark II... Another one might be in the future...

Nf on a rimfire. Baller status

This is an unreal setup. I was very fortunate to test and use it for the Match.

The Manners T4 combined with the Savage TR makes the ultimate tactical/training setup.

Some may ask why one would want to put that much stock on a trainer. Well if you are running matches and training a lot, we all know how expensive that gets.

We run the T4's on our rigs. With this setup, the balance and feel is spot on with a standard tactical competition rifle. Plus you get the added bonus of the cheap to shoot 22lr. When shooting it out to 250 yds and practicing positional shooting, it mimics real world situations and is an awesome training tool.

Big thanks to Manners on this project.

Holy Santa Claus shit! That is awesome. Hope I have the cash when the GB starts.

The action looks to be pretty low in the stock. How is the cheek weld, or is the stock pack necessary. I know its all preference, but I find the savage stock to be too low.

I may be interested in the group buy.

Damn that looks sexy all put together Ace! Makes me want to hurry up and get my Mark II metal painted. Need to quit fartin' around and git 'er done. Need to get a new scope for it though, wish I had the coin for a nightforce!

Braden

WOW!!! That is awesome. Need to get the 452 first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The action looks to be pretty low in the stock. How is the cheek weld, or is the stock pack necessary. I know its all preference, but I find the savage stock to be too low.

I may be interested in the group buy. </div></div>

The Centerline is Very close to that of my Centerfire Savages in T-4's. I run the same Stock Pack / Rings and my cheek weld is the same.

There is also No need for the Thicker Bottom Metal many people run on other stocks. The factory stuff is a perfect fit and very well supported. I did not have to trim the Action screws or anything, just dropped in and went. I will be bedding it when I get time... Hard to believe the way it shoots now there is even more potential
smile.gif

Might have to ditch my 453 and get me as mother savage. I love me some savages !!!

That's badass Ace!! I'd definitely be interested in a GB. Where did you get the bolt knob?

Holy cow!! Awesome freakin trainer Ace!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's badass Ace!! I'd definitely be interested in a GB. Where did you get the bolt knob? </div></div>

That's the stock bolt knob.

I<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCKev64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's badass Ace!! I'd definitely be interested in a GB. Where did you get the bolt knob? </div></div>

That's the stock bolt knob. </div></div>

So it is.......cool. I did not know that.

I'm in for one, that thing is already a shooter as I have a factory one with the uncool tuppeware stock. I loved the feel of the rifle.

That setup is freaking sick Ace. Side note....forgot you made those rebar target stands, I'll be putting in an order tonight.

Got a chance to test out this sweet set up myself this past weekend at the rimfire match. This is really and awesome set up and would make any body a great training tool as mentioned before, not to mention it is a Blast to shoot!!!

Damn man, that really is a nice set up. Love my TR and I'm gonna be all over this group buy when it comes.

Ace - I was lazy, so instead of buying a Mark II 22LR and reworking it myself to sit it on a Boyd's Tacti-Cool, I bought a Savage TRR-SR 22LR through a gunsmith and had it bedded, lapped, chamber/bolt polished, trigger 1.5lbs, Class III re-retreaded (22Sparrow suppressor), with a Bushnell E6241. Don't like the Accu-Trigger (not), waiting on a Basix SAV-RAT trigger. One really has to be a bad shot to go outside of .25 at 50yds. Need to get to the range to do 100-125yds.

I heard CZ is putting out a "Precision Trainer" using a 455 and Manners T4. Then I started staring at my CZ453 American (squirrel rifle) which does .125 at 25yds, but I didn't have the heart to thread it for a suppressor. So, I ordered a CZ453 Varmint, Manners T4, Hawke 8-32x56, Burris Zee Rings, DIP components - gonna build my own and have it suppressor threaded. Hopefully, it'll be good for 200-300.

It'll be interesting to see these two go head-to-head.

I would be interested in one if a group buy is put together. Please let me know.

Ace what are all the pieces parts you used to put it all together?