• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners T2aGAP

SierraCharlie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2009
NY
Anyone using one of the new T2AGAP stocks from Manners? What are your thoughts on it? Do you like the narrower forend vs the T2? Is it any lighter than the original? Any other thoughts pro or con?

I think the gap refers to the color scheme. No difference other than the adjustable cheek

Incorrect!

IMG_4041.PNG

That’s a reasonable assumption but the T2aGAP was introduced in 2018. Rather than the 2.4 inch wide forend on the original T2 the T2aGAP has a thinner 1.75 inch forend. Additionally the forend is supposed to be flatter. Finally I believe the grip is wider and provides a thumbshelf.

The new grip sounds good to me. My concern is the narrower forend.

I had one in my little dick scratchers a couple of weeks ago and don’t recall that the forend was much different, except for the flat bottom, from the regular T2. The PRS versions are definitely narrower and have straight sides, i.e. no beaver tail. Also, I didn’t notice much difference in the grip other than the thumb shelf. I went ahead and ordered the T2A GAP because it was so much like the standard T2 but with the flat forend bottom.

I can compare my T2AGap to my T4a when I get home, but if I recall correctly they’re about the same width in the forearm area.

To me the new t2agap is just a T4a without the butthook and has a thumb shelf.

I spoke with Robert earlier today and will echo what’s already been said, the forend is the same width on both. The only difference is the flat bottom of the forend and the grip.

Now, does anyone know if they come in a non-adjustable version?

SierraCharlie get it with the adjustable. It gives you a much more versitile stock for proper comb height and cheek weld for different scope set ups and face sizes. The Manners adjustables lock up nice and tight.

I’ve had a couple days to think about it and I’m leaning toward the T2aGAP. Thank you guys for the input and the pictures.

Good choice but then again there is no wrong choice with Manners.

Reactions: RobertB
Just got my second T6A a few days ago. Personally, I like the carbon look so much I get them in Clear Tac. Wish they came with the thumb shelf though. I wonder if Manners can retro cut the shelf into a finished stock?

Last edited:
Scorched Earth. Pretty nice, no? I wish it filled in a little more (meaning less of the carbon showing), but I can always add my own layer with a sponge to fill in a little.
We can always add in or reduce color by request. We are happy to do custom colors or change things up.

Let me know if that ever interests you.

We can always add in or reduce color by request. We are happy to do custom colors or change things up.

Thanks Robert! I bought this one second hand, so I didn't have a say in how it was made. I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I spec one out to order, though!

Is that an option on the carbon elite colors? I was told no when I tried to get rid of the purple on the black and blue

Is that an option on the carbon elite colors? I was told no when I tried to get rid of the purple on the black and blue
It is but some colors can't be changed as that is a custom mixed metallic gelcoat. We might not can tweak the color itself but we can add more or take away. Or we can make a custom scheme out of colors we offer to give you something unique. I guess what I'm saying is some of the actual colors are set but we can combine them at levels requested as you please since everything is hand made.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing :)

Reactions: CBeck
Thanks Robert! I bought this one second hand, so I didn't have a say in how it was made. I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I spec one out to order, though!
A stock in hand is worth 2 in the bush is the old saying if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for using us as your choice of stock! If you want to spec out out unique to you just let me know and we'd be glad to help you out. Thanks!

Just got my second T6A a few days ago. Personally, I like the carbon look so much I get them in Clear Tac. Wish they came with the thumb shelf though. I wonder if Manners can retro cut the shelf into a finished stock?
We were doing that but had to stop due to how many stocks we were getting back to get that feature made it very challenging to keep up on custom orders. It was an easy choice to go in and offer popular models with the feature in the mold so you get a stronger, quicker, cleaner look than retro-fitting them with the shelf. After you cut it, prepped it, laid in more carbon, and finished it out offering a mold with it just made sense.