• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners T4 with Area419 ARCALOCK Universal Dovetail Rail

msting22

Sergeant
Minuteman
I've got a Savage Mark ll in a Manners T4 and I want to add the Area419 ARCALOCK Universal Dovetail Rail to it. Has anyone done this and were you able to use the front action screw or did you have to add another T nut?

Thanks for any advise.

I emailed them to ask and the CS guy didn't know for sure but said most likely I would need to add a t-nut. I just wanted to check with someone before I ordered it. Did you go with the 12" or 10" rail?

Granted mine is in a PRS1 stock for the 457 but I did not use the action screw. It isn't long enough. I'm using 3 t-nuts in the barrel channel. I believe its the same for the T4. Double check with Area 419 for certain.

i run 14" weighted on mcmillan z1 and a manners before.

i use the two T-nuts for their 6" rail. no issues

Reactions: msting22
I put one on a T4A. I could have used the action screw, but choose to add a T nut. The bigger issue for the T4 is that the fore grip is not completely flat, so the arca adapter will not fit perfectly. I ground some on the back of the arca rail to get it to fit the way I wanted. The PRS1/2 fore grips are flatter, so for those you can just bolt the arca adapter on.

Reactions: msting22
Got it all installed and it was cake.

I went with the 12" rail and it worked out perfect for the T4.

Attachments

• IMG_7397.JPG
    IMG_7397.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 54