• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners T4A for 700 Milspec 5R

GTGunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2011
Central Florida
I have a question for you guys that have a Manners stock. I am ready to order a T4 (Adjustable) stock and have decided to order it with the MCS-DBM Mini Chassis and possibly the adjustable Butt Spacer System and Limbsaver ($149).

Before I send in my order can any of you speak to the utility of the Butt Spacer System and Limbsaver. Is that an option you would recommend or can I do without it?

I am also ordering the pillars to have Manners install them. Once I have the stock in hand, do I need to have the action bedded before I can run the gun to the range or is that something I can do later?

Thanks!

GTGunner

Re: Manners T4A for 700 Milspec 5R

It's my understanding that with the MCS you dont need to have it bedded, or the pillars installed. Theres a fair bit of debate on whether or not beeding the MCS has any benefit, and since I dont own own one, I cant comments on that, but Im pretty sure Lowlight did a video where they drop in a barreled action directly onto an MCS with no bedding and he goes out and shoots it with good results.

First off you dont need pillars with the Mini-chassis. The adj. butt spacer would help if your really small or the other end and really tall. Keep in mind all the extra gizmos bells and whistles you add, also add weight. My T4A with Badger DBM w/no mag weighs 4lb-14 oz. It has ADJ LOP and cheek rest. Hope this may help your decision.

No need for for pillars with the chassis. Another option if u choose not to go with the t4a is to go with a t4 with a stock pack. That would save you some money and weight if need be. you can measure yourself for LOP and have the stock cut for you, that way you have no need to fiddle with spacers and screws

MY new T4A with Mini Chasis showed up today.. Big thanks to Tom and Crew for a great product!!

Manners1.jpg

Manners2.jpg

Great looking stock Nomad! I'm looking at buying one very similar yours pretty soon. Is your stock painted or is that the molded in pattern? If its painted what pattern did you have them use?

That's a grate looking rig Nomad.I like the camo a lot

Thats the Desert Sage Molded in and it is really nice that pic sucks and doesnt do it justice!!