• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Manners T5/Mini chassis/Rem700 308-1st group

redirt78

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2011
Georgia ***USA***
Shot my first group with the new rig this afternoon. I know I can do better but I'm alright with this for today. Will update with better pictures when I find the cable to my camera but here are some decent phone pics.

Rem700MannersT5VxL3-10x50.jpg

Manners T5 with mini chassis system.

Factory Remington 24" barreled action.

Factory Rem trigger, adjusted it and got a fairly consistant, decent 3 1/2 # pull.

Leupold VxL 3-10x50 for now. XTR624 is in for repairs.

The MCS works great and I really like the stock, first thumbhole for me.

1STMannersgroup-5shot.jpg

Today I shot FGMM 168's. USAammo 175's should be here soon to try.

Had a three shot 3/8" group going but I managed to make it bigger before I was done haha. First time I have ever even tried a 5 shot group. Always grouped 3 and went hunting. I will tighten it up though.

1STMannersgroup-5shotstraydog.jpg

Had two stray dogs but this one killed me. My fault, hope to tighten it up.

Got done in time to find a pack of hogs right at dark. This is my first kill with the Tac30 1-4x. Scope worked great on 1x, the rest ran off squeeling/leaking.
1STTac30HOG.jpg

Re: Manners T5/Mini chassis/Rem700 308-1st group

It was a good day. It didn't break 100 degrees at work and I got to shoot, can't complain.

That's a nice rig, dirt. Mine should look like that in a few days here. Glad to see you got some good groups from the mini chassis. Makes me feel better about my purchase.

Thanks man

You will be happy for sure. I have always liked more magnification when shooting paper and yesterday I only had 10x. Considering that and the fact that I have 8 shots out of this stock setup, I know it will get better. One shot to get pretty close to zero with the Leupold magnet boresighter and I shot twice the other day before I found out that the elevation turret on my XTR was flawed. I will post more next time out, shot this group and went hunting all in the last hour and a half of daylight.

nice whip - watchout with the USA 175's ive had feeding issues.

Awesome, I have 240 on the way... Paid .54 cents per round but I still don't want problems

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome, I have 240 on the way... Paid .54 cents per round but I still don't want problems </div></div>

The 175s had feeding issues in my Savage as well. 95% of the time, the bolt wouldn't close. They sent me a fresh batch so I'll report back next time I get out.

Ya I just placed my order for my T5A for my Savage 6.5-06AI holy 18 loooooooooooooooooooong weeks nice stock

How do you like the Manners T5?

Is the thumb hole design awkward to use with a bolt action or is it more comfortable to use compared to a standard stock?

I'm thinking about getting one
smile.gif

The mini chassis is rocking in my new 6XC, I'll post up a report soon.

On the ammo, I have two words for you guys, "Southwest Ammunition"!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mini chassis is rocking in my new 6XC, I'll post up a report soon.

On the ammo, I have two words for you guys, "Southwest Ammunition"!</div></div>

Interested in reading your report since I'm waiting on a manners t-5 with mini chasis. Until it arrives I can only live vicariously.

I love my T5 with mini chasis. I was reluctant to order one at first, having never fondled one before but after talking to the guys at manners about it, I took the plunge and couldn't be happier. The thick recoil pad makes shooting the 300 wm a pleasure to shoot over and over.

I have a T5A in hand and components for a 243 fast twist build. I have yet to shoot behind my T5A but like the look and feel, but then I am a AI shooter and the thumb hold isn't an issue.