• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

manners t5 or t2

kswaterfowl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Kansas
I finally got the go ahead from my wife to buy a new stock for my tikka build. I am debating between the manner t2 and the t5. I would love hear opinions and preferences between the two. This rifle is going to be strictly a coyote slayer.

I've used the T2, T4A and T5.. I don't care for the thumbhole of the T5 so when I bought mine I went with the T4A.
Some people seem to prefer the thumbhole. It comes down to personal preference I think.

I have 2 T5as and an MCS-T. I really like the T5s but don't really consider them a true thumbhole.
They are too much like a pistol grip compared to other thumbholes. I have a creedmoor in a T5a and its my do all hunting/tactical/bench gun.

The vertical grips on the T2 and T4s just seem a little ackward to me in hunting applications. Your hand is resting on the grip more than holding it like the T or the T5. Also if you are hunting the T5 puts your arm in a lower ready position..

Just my opinion. I don't think you'll be unhappy with either decision.

I was leaning towards the t5 because it seems like it would be better suited for hunting, but I have never owned a thumbhole. Might have to run up to manners shop and try them out.

Watch the vids from Oniell ops on the T5 for a coyote rifle. I dont love thumbhole stocks based on looks but his arguement is good and he has good reasoning that he explains well. Despite my lack of lovw based on looks I want to try one to see how it feels, which is most important to me.

I saw that video, and that's kind of why I was leaning towards the t5. James does makes some good points, but I am like you, I want to feel it before I order it.

T5s feel like they are a part of your arm when you hold them.

NCM_0720.JPG

I've got two T5s and I love them but a stock is one of those things you have to try for yourself to figure whether you might like it or not.

Iagree with one wolf, i was all set to pick up a t4 stock for a remington short action build but decided to try the T5 instead. Im really glad i did because it feels great when you shoulder the rifle, seems to bring it to a natural point of aim. If you can i would try and put your hands on one though beforehand. I have never really been a fan of them on hunting rifles but thr T5 ergonomics are different.

Watch the vids from Oniell ops on the T5 for a coyote rifle. I dont love thumbhole stocks based on looks but his arguement is good and he has good reasoning that he explains well. Despite my lack of lovw based on looks I want to try one to see how it feels, which is most important to me.

Could you post a link to that video, I cannot find it on their page and would like to hear their reasoning. Thanks!

I think it was maybe on Long Rifles web site? Sorry, I don't remember where I saw it bit it was a good video.

I have the t5a and will probably be the only stock I ever buy again, unless I'm building something light. I agree with the above comment. I wouldn't call it a thumb hole it is much more like a pistol grip

I finally got the go ahead from my wife to buy a new stock for my tikka build. I am debating between the manner t2 and the t5. I would love hear opinions and preferences between the two. This rifle is going to be strictly a coyote slayer.

Contact Manners, if they have available they will send you one try out

Have a T5A and T4 both great but definitely different ergonomics. Your best advice given is to get your hands on both to see what you like better. I like both but if I could only keep one it would be the T5.

I prefer the T2/T4 style. As far as thumbhole stocks go, the T5 is much better than most everything else I've tried, but it still rubs me a little wrong around the 2nd joint on my thumb. The T2 feels like it was designed with me in mind-- a very natural, comfortable fit.

I agree with previous posters that say to get hands-on with both. When I had my rifle built, I didn't have much hands on with anything and just went with the MCS-T because it's pretty universal. It works well enough I'm not going to change it, but had I felt a T2 or T4 before-hand, it would have been a different story.

I like the vertical grip of the T2/4/6. T6 isn't as bulky as the T2/4. Also the Loggerhead cheek riser is worth every dime.

I literally spent weeks going back and forth on stock choice.

Ended up going with a T2A for my last build. Still find it to be a great overall stock.

The pistol grip is meant for a right hand shooter, it can be shot from the left but is not intended that way. Your best bet for a left handed thumbhole stock would be a KMW Sentinel. There is a long wait, but they are one of the best overall designs out there. With the IMB you also get the benefits of the a chassis type bending foundation very similar to the mini chassis