• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners T5/T5A?

Totoro

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Gold Country, PRK
Hey fellas, looking for any feedback (good/bad/ugly) on the T5 or T5A?

Been contemplating one but curious on how well comfortable the grip is? Granted each persons' hands are different etc, just curious on overall consensus.

The build is strictly for steel and rock busting; so majority of shooting done view prone or bench.

Thanks!

I love mine. I cut a thumb rest into the grip of mine so I can float my firing hand thumb. The T5A is more of a pistol grip than a true thumb hole. Don't hesitate to purchase.

Reactions: Totoro
I have an EH5 arriving Tuesday, but I've always been a fan of thumbhole stocks.
@Yoteski did you add a thumbshelf like the manners cut outs? Carbon shell?

Last edited:
T5A is the most comfortable stock I own. The grip feels like you grabbed a handful of silly putty and it just molded to your hand. The distance to the trigger is also shorter on the T5 compared to a more traditional T4 so that you can get a more 90 degree trigger pull.

I end up floating my thumb on the side most of the time as well but it's nice to have the option to use the thumbhole.

I have an EH5 arriving Tuesday, but I've always been a fan of thumbhole stocks.
@Yoteski did you add a thumbshelf like the manners cut outs? Carbon shell?
20210409_093328.jpg
20210409_093357.jpg

Hopefully that gives you an idea. I called Manners prior to doing and talked to Robert about it. He said they could do it but recommended I do it myself to get the right "feel" for me. He said if I F'd it up, no worries, they'd fix it. I simply got the grip I wanted, traced it with a pen, and went to work slowly with a dremel. I filled I the voids with a little JB weld, taped and painted it. Turned out as good as I could have hoped. I couldn't ask for a better fit in regards to firing finger placement. I had a T4a at one point and always had a bit of trouble getting a true 90 degree press, and I don't have undersized hands.

Edited to add: I also smoothed my dremel work out with 250 and then 400 grit sandpaper.

One other note that I really like about the stock; I really enjoy the thumbhole while transitioning positions. I move my thumb into the traditional thumb hole grip while transitioning and it makes purchase on the rifle much more secure.

I really like mine, I float my thumb too, I'll have to mod mine as well.

Looks good, thanks for the pics and details, very helpful 👍👍

Just wanted to bump this thread. Are these stocks comfortable to carry in the ready position? How wide would the grip be in the middle?

Thanks!

The grip surprised me how much it fits like a glove. I have T4a and have had T2a, T6a. Initially stayed away from T5a but now I have one I wish they all were that model. Width of grip not too small or too large….just feels right for me and I have big hands.

Thanks for the reply. How did the t2 compare to the t4?

I’m going to give manners a call but of course I’ve got all week to dream about this next build because no one is open!

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. How did the t2 compare to the t4?

I’m going to give manners a call but of course I’ve got all week to dream about this next build because no one is open!

Thanks
I think the only difference between the two is in the forend. The back end and grip are basically identical….have to look it up on Manners site mate. 🤙🏼