• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners T5 vs AICS

oldreliable45120

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2009
Long Island NY
I have a 6.5 Creedmoor set up in a AICS and it feels and functions perfect. I was wondering how the Manners T5 compares to the AICS. I know Manners makes a great stock,I have a T4A on a custom 300 Mag. Thanks for the help.

Re: Manners T5 vs AICS

I'm a man-sized fella, my hands never fit the AICS well. The Manners has more palm swell. And the Manners isn't as dainty as the AICS - whether that is good or bad is up to you. With the chassis in the Manners, it is a fantastic stock.

My AICS is gone, and I will be buying more T5s.

Quality wise I'd say it stacks up pretty well. Here are the only things to consider:

You will have to bed the Manners and add bottom metal if you want a DBM.

The ergonomics may be a little different so I suggest trying to handle both before making up your mind

No reason to bed the Manners! Get it with the Chassis and be done with bedding forever!

I have both the AICS and T5A. The Manners is a much better fit for me. Not even close as the AICS feels like a 2x4.

If you want a folder like the 2.0 then go with the AICS. if folding is not a must have you will be happy with the Manners for sure the AICS Im not so sure but for what you spend on one you will think you love it.

I ditched one AICS for a T5, and will be ordering another in the future to replace my other AICS. No brainer, T5 all the way.

The grip is so much nicer than to clam shelled pieces of plastic...

If you have an AI and it already fits you well, then stick with that. I have short stubby fingers and I find that the AI fits me perfectly. The grip on a manners/mcmillan feels huge and uncomfortable to me.

I will add one note on the T5: the righty palm swell works great righty or lefty. I shoot rifles ambi and like the righty palm swell shooting lefty more than any other ambi or righty palm swell I've shot.

And the chassis system on the T5 is money well spent, lockup on the mag is very solid, fit and finish are great.

Having used AICS and T5, I will probably never again buy an AI stock. The bigger your hands, the less you will like the AICS.

Thanks for the help, I do have big hands and think the AICS is a little small for them. I think this was the basis for my question, and should have posted it that way. I do like how my T4 feels and wouldnt hesitate to buy another stock from Manners.

I went T5 on my two different rifles. I like it much better. Both are great and feel real nice I just like it a little more. Another this is that you can put whatever bottom metal in that you want. Just order it with the inlet you want. Badger, seekins, surgoen, and it will come ready to go. It might allow for a little more options. AICS are nice though. Again hand size can play a role in it. "Small statured people" might like them better. It is all preferecne though. Feel them both and see what happens.

I have a T5/A that I chose over an AICS. I'm 6'4 and have very long arms. The T5 fits me better than any AICS that I've ever shot. I've been behind several of the AI's and while feeling decent, they don't quite feel as good as my Manners. I have let some shorter guys (one is 5'10 and the other is 5'8) with AICS's run my Manners and they've said the exact opposite.

Before you drop the money on a Manners maybe someone nearby has one for you to feel.

As to the discussion of bedding and not bedding, well... that's a whole 'nother pissing match to discuss. It's been hashed and rehashed on here. I think that choosing a stock on the fact that someone claims it should or should not be bedded is a poor idea. Fitment and other features are a far stronger method of choosing a stock.