• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners T5A or T4A

sjbryan308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
Oxford, NC
I am putting together my first high end precision tactical rifle and am having trouble deciding b/w the Manners T5A and T4A. A Gap crusader will be going into it. Any insight or personal preference on these two stocks that might help me decide b/w the two would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Manners T5A or T4A

no one can tell you which one you will like better. Best to get behind one of each and see for yourself.

there really isnt a feasible way for that to happen so im just reaching for any info I can get

The problem with thumbhole stocks is removing your thumb and rotating your wrist to manipulate the bolt. With the T4A your thumb already sits on top of the grip, so it is an easier motion.

Now that isn't a huge deal.....but does take practice if your not used to it.

I like both, and shoot both well, but given a choice, I prefer the T5a. I find thumbhole stocks more comfortable.

if you like thumbholes get the t5a it is the most comfortable thumbhole i have ever felt

If you can get to SHOT you can play with them both. If you put your location in your profile, I am sure someone in your town can help. I have a T4A on order FYI.

I have the t5a, for me the thumbhole allows me to get the best position for my trigger finger.

I think I like the look of the T4 better but kinda feel like the T5 would feel better

I personally cannot stand thumbhole stocks.

I ordered a stock from manners and must have brain farted since the stock I ordered was the T5A. Manners offered to swap it out with the T4A, but I figured my mistake, I'll just roll with it.

Now that I have it, I couldn't be happier. Try one I'm sure you will like it, even I do.

I have a Manners T5A and love it! I have also shot a KMW Sentinel, McMillan A3 and A5. Of the four I have handled the T5A is my favorite. I feel you get more control with a thumbhole stock especially for positional shooting, however you do lose a little time on bolt manipulation.

I have a Manners T5A on order. Their lead time is long, but after a lot of research and having shot many different configurations, I decided that's what I'd most likely 'become one' with.

I appreciate being able to read these comments. I don't have any problem with a thumbhole, probably because I use a sort of upward karate chop to lift the bolt handle, and my thumb just naturally wants to fold into the palm of my hand. It slips right out.

Any advice on bedding or other setup issues?