• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners TCS and AICS magazines compatibility?

Senor_Barney

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Northern California
    I have manners tcs with the mini chassis inside. Looking for magazine compatibility...
    AW magazines went in and dropped out cleanly with push of mag release. Totally one-handed operation.

Magpul PMags also went in and dropped out cleanly with one hand. Was rattling around and a little looser though.

AICS Magazine absolutely did not work for "MY" specific chassis. PITA to get in and bigger PITA to get out. They would not drop. I really had to yank it out. I even have the Area 419 weighted bottoms. I sanded down my magazines trying to remove all of the finish around the top and it was only a marginal improvement. I don't think this is one of those "run it and it'll get better" situations. It almost feels as if the mini chassis and my bottom metal combo are not long enough for how long the AICS magazines I have are. Width is fine, but length is where it is binding. Also had to even press the mag release, so perhaps my combo just isn't going to work even if it works for others.

Anybody else have the same issues with AICS magazines in a Manners TCS? If so what was your solution? Could this possible be an issue with my mini-chassis? I'm considering taking lower grit sand paper to the mini-chassis itself rather than jack up the magazine, but am hesitant.

I want to drop in 6 dasher BA. Curious to know what the 6br and 6br variant shooters run for magazines on the Manners TCS?

20220203_144251.jpg
    20220203_144200.jpg
    20220203_144225.jpg
    20220203_144243.jpg

Last edited:
    Going to drop in 6 dasher BA.

What do all the 6br and 6br variant shooters run for magazines on the Manners TCS?

I could drip in my 6 Creed and do the AWs...

I run a bunch of Manners stocks with mini chassis and they all work great with AICS mags. @RobertB any help here?

Same problem with my TCS and AI Aics mags. My solution was getting MDT AICS mags and never looked back.

So far my Fuzion is running great in the tcs with these kits haven’t even had to tune mags.

Awe man.....had no idea that existed for AWs! I have a bunch of AW mags, but I bought new AICS and the Primal Rights kit thinking that was my only option.
    U can thank me by stop buying all the LP shit 😂

I have the same issue with my manners tcs and standard aics mags. MDT mags fit no problem, and AW mags also, no problem. I have a bra also, so I guess I'm going to get some aws and hrd kits. They work as well as the primal rights kit?

Haven’t messed with the primal kit but man AW mags so much nicer to load/unload than AICS I’m hooked.

Reactions: Rebel Rooster
    UPDATE here:
    Just bought the MDT 10 round 6br/Dasher magazine and they also don't fit MY manners. They are equally as tight (bad) as the AICS. Odd that different people have different experiences with different magazines. Is this the result of the Manners mini chassis? I don't know...but my Hawkins metal in the foundation takes everything just fine.

Recap:
    AICS --> Did not fit
    MDT Metal --> Did not fit
    Magpul polymet ---> Fit but loose
    AW Magazine -->Yes, it fits. The ONLY one of the four I tried that fits.

Honestly....what is with this randomness...

UPDATE here:
    Just bought the MDT 10 round 6br/Dasher magazine and they also don't fit MY manners. They are equally as tight (bad) as the AICS. Odd that different people have different experiences with different magazines. Is this the result of the Manners mini chassis? I don't know...but my Hawkins metal in the foundation takes everything just fine.

Recap:
    AICS --> Did not fit
    MDT Metal --> Did not fit
    Magpul polymet ---> Fit but loose
    AW Magazine -->Yes, it fits. The ONLY one of the four I tried that fits.

Honestly....what is with this randomness...
    If it’ll run with the AW throw all the others in the trash you won’t wanna use them anyways. 😂