• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners tcs stock paint

LongRange888

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 6, 2017
    New York
    Anyone else notice that a lot of the off the shelf tcs stocks have almost no paint on them anymore. I have been noticing this and was just about to order one but had them send me pictures first. I would not have been happy with the stock. Is this the new style?

There are 2 in the Exchange right now for sale

This is what I’m referring to if people don’t know what I mean. First image is the normal second seems to be the new stuff. Same camo pattern colors.

Attachments

• 9365DF4D-50A1-42B4-8A7C-FE1B3031B91D.png
      9365DF4D-50A1-42B4-8A7C-FE1B3031B91D.png
      1.5 MB · Views: 203
    • 945C366E-CDD4-4795-8351-5D62D55AC8FB.png
      945C366E-CDD4-4795-8351-5D62D55AC8FB.png
      1.3 MB · Views: 215
    I just went through this same problem. Ordered a couple stocks, and they came in with very limited paint. Even after I asked for 90% paint.

I had to send them back. They will give you 2 options 1:They will add paint it or 2: Remake it

Even after the remake it still wasn’t as much paint as I wanted. So instead of waiting on another remake I told them just to add paint to it.

Grate customer service I just wish the painter would read the freaking work order.

I have also noticed this. I have two on order that I should have soon, and ordered both with 90% paint. Hopefully they come out close.

Reactions: LongRange888
    I just went through this same problem. Ordered a couple stocks, and they came in with very limited paint. Even after I asked for 90% paint.

I had to send them back. They will give you 2 options 1:They will add paint it or 2: Remake it

Even after the remake it still wasn’t as much paint as I wanted. So instead of waiting on another remake I told them just to add paint to it.

Grate customer service I just wish the painter would read the freaking work order.
    I was wondering the same thing really since they are hard to come by if I could just buy one online and send it in for paint

Has anyone ever tried removing the paint from a manners stock? Got one in back in black but I'd like it to be all carbon.
    I’d be looking to add paint based on the new style but I would assume either option would be hard there has to be some sort of matte clear finish after paint to protect it but I could be wrong

I have also noticed this. I have two on order that I should have soon, and ordered both with 90% paint. Hopefully they come out close.
    I hope so for your sake especially after how long it takes to get one. Maybe there’s people more on the up and up than be but seems like a drastic change without any warning that I personally don’t want. I saw very small hints of the possibility so called the online vendor and had them send me pictures and sure enough it was what I thought almost no paint. Picture posted above. Seems a few people have posted about paint option but must only be on a build work order that I still don’t even see if you go to stock builder.

What you're referring to as paint is actually pigment that's put into the mold when the stock's shell is laid up. It's not a simple matter of putting more "paint" on the stock after it's finished. If you look at the selection of colors & patterns of camo finishes offered on Manner's website, you'll only get a picture of a very small area of a stock - better to look at their online gallery to get a good idea of what a finished stock in a given camo pattern will look like. The Elite camo finishes do generally have quite a lot less pigment than their standard molded-in camo patters, and this is easy to see if you look at the colors & patterns area of their website.
    Several years ago, I ordered a T4A Elite stock for my converted Rem 40XB repeater, and expected it to come with the Elite GAP camo pattern, which shows quite a bit of the carbon fiber fabric weave ( I wanted it to be obvious that this stock had the Elite carbon fiber shell, like all the cool kids were shooting). But when it arrived, it had the standard molded-in GAP camo with no carbon fiber visible - and I was disappointed, so I called to ask about it. What they told me then was that they had more people at that period of time that didn't like the carbon fiber showing, and I should've specified the Elite GAP if I'd wanted some carbon fiber showing. I wasn't about to send it back and wait another 10 months or more to get a stock with the Elite GAP camo...still have it, but like the Elite GAP shell of the PRS1T that I ordered for my 1st Vudoo V22 repeater more than the non-Elite GAP camo finish. To each their own - but if you want a solid camo pattern finish w/o any carbon fiber showing, you have to specify that when you place the order for your stock with Manners.

Last edited:
    What you're referring to as paint is actually pigment that's put into the mold when the stock's shell is laid up. It's not a simple matter of putting more "paint" on the stock after it's finished. If you look at the selection of colors & patterns of camo finishes offered on Manner's website, you'll only get a picture of a very small area of a stock - better to look at their online gallery to get a good idea of what a finished stock in a given camo pattern will look like. The Elite camo finishes do generally have quite a lot less pigment than their standard molded-in camo patters, and this is easy to see if you look at the colors & patterns area of their website.
    Several years ago, I ordered a T4A Elite stock for my converted Rem 40XB repeater, and expected it to come with the Elite GAP camo pattern, which shows quite a bit of the carbon fiber fabric weave ( I wanted it to be obvious that this stock had the Elite carbon fiber shell, like all the cool kids were shooting). But when it arrived, it had the standard molded-in GAP camo with no carbon fiber visible - and I was disappointed, so I called to ask about it. What they told me then was that they had more people at that period of time that didn't like the carbon fiber showing, and I should've specified the Elite GAP if I'd wanted some carbon fiber showing. I wasn't about to send it back and wait another 10 months or more to get a stock with the Elite GAP camo...still have it, but like the Elite GAP shell of the PRS1T that I ordered for my 1st Vudoo V22 repeater more than the non-Elite GAP camo finish. To each their own - but if you want a solid camo pattern finish w/o any carbon fiber showing, you have to specify that when you place the order for your stock with Manners.
    Thanks for the info. Makes sense that a stock of that caliber would have a more involved finish on it. I am defiantly not looking for a no carbon showing stock just prefer like my post 5 above the pictures on the left not the right. Basically wanting how all the prs1 and 2 came out. Large sponge paint I guess you would call it with a carbon background. I guess the thing that is frustrating is that if and when you find one available online to purchase from a vendor you don’t know what your getting now that there seems to be different percentages of “paint” options since they do not post actual pictures of that exact stock. I would say any generic photo of a tcs on an online website is perfect in what I want they just don’t seem to look like that anymore.

Reactions: Likearock22
    Yeah, I get what you're talking about - I used to look through the stocks listed in the inventory lists on both McMillan's & Manners' websites to see if I could find a stock that was something I could accept before giving up and placing an order and then waiting several months before it would arrive. Many times I found something that was 'close enough' to what I wanted, and was more than willing to accept minor differences in exchange for faster delivery. The most recent 'in inventory' stock I bought from Manners was a PRS1T stock for a Vudoo 360 action in Tac Swamp camo. I don't know how it was originally spec'd when it was built, but I got a molded-in finish with black pigment in the areas that would normally be black carbon fiber, so there's no fiber showing. Not what I was expecting, but by that time, I had other PRS1T stocks in Elite GAP & scorched earth with plenty of fiber showing, and since I was in a hurry to get the 360 action up & running so I could compare it to the several Gen 1 V22s I already had, I didn't worry about it.