• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing manson 700 truing kit

squib-load

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2017
does anyone have the mason remington 700 truing tools (that don't require a lathe) with the receiver face squaring cutter that they would be willing to let me borrow or rent?

I purchased a used left hand long action remage that was supposed to be squared up and after getting it home and taking it down.. its a bit rough.

some rust/gunk in the barrel threads, and the front of the receiver has the typical rough finish that it left the remington factory with .. along with a real bubba job of a notching.

I will use plenty of cutting oil and treat it like it was my own.

don't even want to cut all the way to the lug seats as the bolt is well worn and seems to be making full contact on the lugs and don't want to mess with bolt timing or reaming the bolt raceway
really just want to chase out the barrel threads and square the face.

oh .. and it has to be the 1 1/16 kit not the oversized barrel threads to keep it remage

thanks in advance

I don't have what he wants to bum and I wouldn't loan it to him if I did. I don't loan tools to strangers.

I'll do it for a small fee. It just has to be shipped to my shop with a prepaid return shipping sticker and I can have it done in a afternoon. Sorry, but like most other smith's we simply don't loan out our tools.

thanks for the help guys... appreciate it..

Would you rather they fill your thread with bullshit that doesn't answer your request?

What you are requesting is a lot more unicorn than you may think...

...so when CRT2 said "Attitude?", what he probably meant was for you to check your ego at the door and take the help you get, instead of complain about people NOT answering a thread with a bunch of useless crap. There's plenty of that on the internet, so looking at this thread another way, you should be thankful we didn't.

Best of luck.

-Nate

Reactions: dinnerbucket