• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Manual Input Ballistic Calculator

hunter121

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Washington
I went to the range today to try and get some dope figured out so I can make a range card. I shot at 3 distances and I was wondering if there was a calculator out there that I can input my dope at the distances I shot at today and have it estimate the rest.

I have tried to play around with the JBM calculator but I can not get my distances to match up with the output. I have tried playing with MV and even BC. I can get one distance close but the other two will be off.

Heres the data I had for today, I used a Kestrel for the weather data.

Rifle- Nem Arms 20" 308
FGMM 168gr
Density Alt : 2880
55F

Distances I shot at today-
100yd zero
425 - 12 moa up
610 - 19.5 moa up
745 - 24.5 moa up

Re: Manual Input Ballistic Calculator

The BC for the 168 SMK is pretty well known. Choose the 168 grain SMK (Litz) from the JBM bullet library.

In your case, what I'd do is to use only the 745 yard distance. Change the muzzle velocity until you get the dope to match what you shot at that distance, as it's the farthest distance you shot, assuming you shot enough rounds at that distance to have a good idea what the elevation really was.

Re: Manual Input Ballistic Calculator

Thanks for the reply, I will try doing that. I ranged everything with Bushnell 1600 binos. I did the 745 towards the end of my range trip but even my misses ( crazy wind today ) were consistent on the elevation. I might head back out tomorrow morning when the wind is calm and do some more shooting at the 610 and 745 targets.

Thanks for the reply Lindy, it is appreciated.

Hunter121