• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March 3-24x42 FFP in the mail tomorrow!

maladat

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
TX
Hello all!

Since there has been some interest in this new scope here on the Hide, I thought I would post that I got the call from Kelbly's today that my March 3-24x42 FFP illuminated scope out of the first batch to arrive in the USA will be handed off to FedEx tomorrow and hopefully in my hands by Monday of next week. Exciting stuff.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide a range report immediately as the gun it is going to go on arrived at APA as a Pelican case full of parts on Monday of this week. I am certainly going to take a look at it before I send it on to APA and will provide some "playing with it" comments. I will come back and give a full report once I get the gun from APA.

Re: March 3-24x42 FFP in the mail tomorrow!

Congratulations. I'm very interested in this scope and intend to place an order with Kelby's if the initial reports on the production model live up to Ilya's evaluation of the prototype. I'm sure they will. Which illumination range did you order? Please also share your opinion of the FML-1 reticle as I'm hoping its as good as the MP-8 A5

I think the scope comes with the high illumination module. That or I ordered it that way - I ordered back just before Christmas, so I don't really remember if it was an option. I also ordered the low illumination module and it apparently is quite simple to swap (basically the module is the battery cover, I think). The extra module is about $200.

I actually have an IOR 3.5-18x50 FFP for my AR-15s so I can offer specific comments on FML-1 vs MP-8 dot and how the illumination compares and whatnot. Just by the spec sheets they look very similar.

I hope you take LOTS of pictures! and good ones
wink.gif

Ya I am definitely going to be paying attention.

Just got one of the last two of the non - illuminated 3-24x42mm Kelbly's had. I didn't mind waiting for their next shipment I just could justify the jump in price from the non-illuminated to the illuminated. Should be mailed today or tomorrow.

That's cool that you will get it soon. I can't wait for a review on these. How long before the rifle is ready from apa?

APA estimated the rifle would be ready in a two months-ish time frame.

I selected the March scope because at only 23 oz it is the lightest weight scope incorporating the features I wanted (mil/mil, FFP, at least 4-16x, hash reticle, good turrets, illumination) that I could find. The rifle I am going to put it on is a lightweight long range hunting/tactical style rifle but I want it to be legal for hunter-class silhouette competition (trying to knock over roughly life-size steel animal silhouettes from 200yd to 500yd shooting standing unsupported) which means a maximum unloaded weight of 9 pounds even. A 30-35 oz scope would be a big handicap on a rifle with that weight constraint. Even the March is heavy for a silhouette rifle - most silhouette rifles have Weaver T24 scopes or lightweight Leupold scopes weighing about a pound.

Looking forward to the reviews and pictures from all of you guys that are getting these in soon.