• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March Bench Rest 10-60x56 High Master

Bark1

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2013
I don't see much discussion of the March brand, anyone have experience with it good or bad? Having to ship a defective scope out of the country would be a negative for sure but the above mentioned scope interests me for long distance shooting.

look at MarchTactical 5-50 x 56 X
I don't see much discussion of the March brand, anyone have experience with it good or bad? Having to ship a defective scope out of the country would be a negative for sure but the above mentioned scope interests me for long distance shooting.

For F-class personally I think the March 10-60x56 Highmaster is the best scope out there. I own two Vortex GE's, which I like a lot and have no issue with, but I got behind a March Highmaster prototype last summer and the glass on it was the clearest I have ever looked through. It handled mirage better, and when I say better, it wasn't as distorted as other scopes I've looked through, it just wasn't as bothered by it. I was able to compare it directly to my GE as well as a NF Competition and the difference to my eyes was clear. If you have the money for it, you won't be disappointed.

That March Tactical 5-50 is really interesting. A point of concern to me is the 5 year warranty versus lifetime no questions asked such as Vortex. There motto is you should never need it; but what if I do after 5 years? For that price tag, I would expect a really good warranty, at least against any defects. Maybe not if I drop it off a cliff, but for any reason other than abuse/theft. Just my thoughts (which really shouldnt be worth much), but I'm new and I've also never looked through one.

I don't know anything about F-Class or High Power optics but for practical shooting I've had S&B, Premier, NF, USO's etc before I had a decent stint behind the 3-24 and the 5-40 March tactical scopes. In summary there are a few things the March does better than any other manufacturer. One such thing is to house large magnification ratios within relatively slim and lightweight packages. The 3-24 is just such a flexible design, and the 5-40 is frankly incredible. Get behind them if you can

Last edited:
...from my own experience I can say that Deon really supports its users both up to 5 years and after,
excellent service.

That March Tactical 5-50 is really interesting. A point of concern to me is the 5 year warranty versus lifetime no questions asked such as Vortex. There motto is you should never need it; but what if I do after 5 years? For that price tag, I would expect a really good warranty, at least against any defects. Maybe not if I drop it off a cliff, but for any reason other than abuse/theft. Just my thoughts (which really shouldnt be worth much), but I'm new and I've also never looked through one.

There has been a lot of discussion about March this summer on SH. Let us just say there are strong opinions held by those who have owned and used them in competition and hunting, and by those who like to read the Internet.

For true ELD shooting and for F-Class the 10 - 60 High Master is the king of the crop these days. If you are into ELD you would understand by now that the good components cost serious dollars for a reason and the High Master is very well built and gives target identification and definition a whole new meaning.

Another option, if you are just looking a static target shooting, is the straight 48x High Master. Fixed power and cheaper and at the magnification level that end up up at in F Class most of the time.

What type of shooting are you focused on ? The March High Master
has about the best image quality I’ve seen in a riflescope . They are
hand built low volume precision optics , all internal components are
hand lapped for fit and finish .The Optical Engineers assembling them
produce only one or two a day . There may be a better March model
than the HM for you depending on your type of shooting .

Looking to shoot F-class at some point, fairly new to distance shooting but the more I do it the more I enjoy it! Price is always a concern but I completely understand that quality optics don't come cheap. The 5 year warranty gives me pause...but the low volume business model probably makes that a necessity.

Looking to shoot F-class at some point, fairly new to distance shooting but the more I do it the more I enjoy it! Price is always a concern but I completely understand that quality optics don't come cheap. The 5 year warranty gives me pause...but the low volume business model probably makes that a necessity.

The 5 year warranty is a Japanese regulation based on the size of the company basically - small outfit of dedicated guys who know what they're doing, but that's the reason - Industry and Govt set the rules regarding warranty. . If something was to go wrong after that period, they'll still look after you. If you're looking to shoot F-class, buy once - cry once, get the Highmaster, once you've looked through it, it will all make sense. Only reason I haven't traded my Vortex GE's is that I can buy 2 of them for the price of a Highmaster, plus I'm putting two tactical rifles together so that's where my cash is going at the moment. If I was to build a new F-open rifle, it would have a Highmaster sitting on top.

For comparison, the March 8-80x56 has 21 lenses through it and is a proven winner for long range target shooting - benchrest or F-class, take your pick. The Highmaster 10-60x56 has 26 lenses, with a new optical prescription giving it astounding resolution. I've gotten behind both scopes and there is a small perceptible difference to my eyes in favor of the Highmaster.

Last edited:

For Fclass , the Highmaster is the gold standard . Quite a few
World Champions run them . FYI at the recent world BR Championships
in NZ , most of the winning Australian team were running March , again .
Success at this level in any disclipline is no accident ...

I'm thinking the buy once cry once idea is the way to go....the wife on the other hand may not... Buy.... then ask for forgiveness latter! I have a brand new Masterpiece arms 6.5 Creedmoor sitting in the safe waiting for a scope, the high master would be a nice fit. Thanks for all the feedback.