• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March FFP 3x-24x Tactical Scope

Ian A. Kelbly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
OH-IO
Guys,
We received the NEW March-F scope this week. It is a FFP scope that has a power range of 3x-24x. It is built on the 2.5x-25x body, making it a very compact but robust scope. It is a MIL/MIL scope with 10 MILS per revolution. It has a 42mm objective, making it easy to keep your rifle compact. The scope will be available for viewing at SHOT SHOW 2011 in January. The scope is set to hit the market in April of 2011. If you guys have any questions, please let me know!

Thanks,
Ian Kelbly

Re: March FFP 3x-24x Tactical Scope

Um wow! Makes we want to add this one to my existing March scope order.

Any idea how much an illuminated one will sell for? Also, what reticle choices will it have?

Hey Ian,

Great news, I am loving my 2.5-25x and can't wait to see the scope at shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Ian,

Great news, I am loving my 2.5-25x and can't wait to see the scope at shot.</div></div>

If you can make it to the Angeles Range on the 12th, you can see it before SHOT.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can make it to the Angeles Range on the 12th, you can see it before SHOT.

ILya </div></div>

Are you shooting our match that day?

That reminds me, I need to post the announcement...

I guess I will shoot our match then... I will be out with my 2.5-25x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can make it to the Angeles Range on the 12th, you can see it before SHOT.

ILya </div></div>

Are you shooting our match that day?

That reminds me, I need to post the announcement... </div></div>

I didn't know you had a match (or the kind of a match). However, I will be there in the morning with a few scopes continuing with my comparison. I am picking up March FFP from FedEx location earlier today, so I will have it with me.

Going forward, I should probably shoot in some of your matches. It is good practice.

ILya

December 12? I may make the trip just to see it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">December 12? I may make the trip just to see it. </div></div>
Bring 60 rounds and shoot our match that's linked above.

I believe the 3x-24x will have a total of 28 MIL's of elevation and windage.

The illuminated 3x-24x will be $2850.

I'm going to mount up this scope on one of my rifles and mess around with it this weekend. I'm very excited for this scope, because March was lacking in this arena of a FFP scope. I'm glad that they will have their extremely durable tracking and precision into the Tactical arena.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">December 12? I may make the trip just to see it. </div></div>
Bring 60 rounds and shoot our match that's linked above. </div></div>

Wish I could. Ankle surgery on Tuesday the 7th may keep from making it at all. But I'll give the drive a whirl if I'm not too loopy to drive.

The Zero Stop is used by turning an inner "turret" clockwise at you zero setting. You would turn it clockwise until you bottom out. This will set your zero and you don't have to worry about a thing!

Why?

The 2.5-25x (what the new scope is based on) has 100MOA of windage and elevation. The 1 -10x has 200MOA of windage and elevation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to see the specs on the reticle. </div></div>

This scope might be the one for us,aye RK ?

What specifics do you want out of the reticle ?

here is a pict of the reticle and the 2.5 x 25 x42mm (this is the 2nd FP model not the FFP that is mentioned in this thread)
image-MML.jpg

Pics-D25v42TML-2.jpg

mmm, S&B 3-20x50 vs March 3-24x42, tasty
grin.gif

Hey guys,

Got the specifications of the scope from March today! Here they are!

3x-24x42 FFP Scope
SPECIFICATIONS
Item (Low) (High)
Magnification 3x 24x
Effective Lens Diameter 42mm
Body Tube Diameter 30mm
Exit Pupil 7mm 1.75mm
Field of View, real 6.66°
35.0FT/100YD 0.83°
4.35FT/100YD
Eye Relief 85-100mm 89-96mm
1 Click Adjustment 0.1Mil
Elevation Travel 28Mil
Windage Travel 28Mil
Focus Side Focus / Parallax
Distance 10YD-infinity
Finish Matte Black
Reticle (First Focal Plane) Illuminated FML-1
without Illuminated FML-1
Total Length (-1D) 312mm (12.3inch)
Weight 640g (22.6oz) D24V42FIML model

Once i get a good picture of the reticle, I will post in on this thread as well!

Thank you!
Ian Kelbly

Here are the pics of the scope and also the reticle that will be first available! Enjoy!

March-3x24x-FFPM14.jpg

March-ReticleFML-1-FFPM4.jpg

Yummm...I like it. Pretty clever design with the reticle where it looks like a tapered duplex at low power and a TMR at high power.

I also love the compactness of the tube. My gripe with the likes of Premier and S&B have been with their long, heavy tubes.

This just reduced my craving for a Hendsoldt 4-16FFP with NH1 reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here is a pict of the reticle and the 2.5 x 25 x42mm (this is the 2nd FP model not the FFP that is mentioned in this thread)
image-MML.jpg

Pics-D25v42TML-2.jpg
</div></div>Do you really have that mounted on a SCAR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to see the specs on the reticle. </div></div>

What specifics do you want out of the reticle ? </div></div>

Line thickness primarily. That center dot is way too huge for me. At a little bigger than 3/4 MOA, it will obscure many KYL targets. Would be great for fast steel, but not precision paper.

Oh well, back to hoping someone will finally pull off the perfect reticle.

Yeah, if that center dot is really .25 mil, that reticle sucks! Now, if it is really .025 mil, it might not be so bad.

Just from comparing the dot to the thickness of the crosshairs, it looks like .25 mils to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> if that center dot is really .25 mil, that reticle sucks! </div></div>

My thoughts exactly. Who do they consult with before making these decisions? It may be a good reticle for big steel targets, animals, jihadists, etc., but for the majority of tactical/precision match shooters it leaves a lot to be desired.

I was so hoping they were going to hit a home run on this one. This has been a scope I've really been waiting for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> if that center dot is really .25 mil, that reticle sucks! </div></div>

My thoughts exactly. Who do they consult with before making these decisions? It may be a good reticle for big steel targets, animals, jihadists, etc., but for the majority of tactical/precision match shooters it leaves a lot to be desired.

I was so hoping they were going to hit a home run on this one. This has been a scope I've really been waiting for. </div></div>

Alright so how much money do I need to front you to start your own glass company? Seriously you would think that they would have R&D people who actually shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to see the specs on the reticle. </div></div>

What specifics do you want out of the reticle ? </div></div>

Line thickness primarily. That center dot is way too huge for me. At a little bigger than 3/4 MOA, it will obscure many KYL targets. Would be great for fast steel, but not precision paper.

Oh well, back to hoping someone will finally pull off the perfect reticle. </div></div>

My thoughts exactly concerning the new reticle.

Hopefully they'll come out with more reticle offerings for 2011.Maybe even with a Horus H27/IOR MP8 hybrid,hint hint
wink.gif
Yep my 2 favorite reticles.

I like the scopes features...

Not to big +
Not to heavy+
Great glass+
10 mils per turn,.1 mil per click+
"Low profile" wide-ish knobs +++
Great tracking+(fingers crossed)
smile.gif

Zero stop+
10Y focus+++
illumination +and properly placed++

Ian,wheres the illumination located? Is the side focus knob marked for different distances?

According to top BR and F-Class guys noting tracks like a March. I know some guys that do a lot of testing in indoor tunnels and they all shoot March now.

OK, aside from it being too thick, I have to say that the concerns with an 8 or 10X zoom range FFP reticle not working is busted. The other thing is the bottom post should extend to 10 Mils opposed to 5, JMHO.

Steve, The Parallax is marked at 10 - infinity only. The lights are a push button on the parallax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve, The Parallax is marked at 10 - infinity only. The lights are a push button on the parallax. </div></div>

Thanks for the info !

Illumination+

I can live with the side focus as is,not a deal killer for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will be interested to hear when these hit the ground......

see how she works...??? </div></div>

YEP! as for my personal criteria...the closest I've seen to tactical scope perfection,Cept for the reticle thingy.

What is the warranty on March stuff....

wish the reticle was different

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My thoughts exactly. <span style="color: #FF0000">Who do they consult with before making these decisions? It may be a good reticle for big steel targets, animals, <span style="text-decoration: underline">jihadists</span>, etc.,</span> but for the majority of tactical/precision match shooters it leaves a lot to be desired.</div></div>
You may have just answered your own question. Maybe March isn't concerned with match shooters. Maybe they wanted to make a reticle for various military/LEO applications.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong and they just made a crappy reticle all around
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vprtoad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the warranty on March stuff....

wish the reticle was different </div></div>

found it ....5 yrs as per there website

So far, I like the reticle. I played with the scope a bit in low light yesterday and it all worked better than I expected.

ILya

Its looking like a good setup so far, Ill be waiting to read your write up Ilya. Just looking at it on here though I would prefer to see:

- The 6 O'clock solid post replaced by the incremented reticle post all the way down, similar lines of the S&B woods reticle;
-A finer center dot or cross hair, (is a tough one as its a fine line between small enough at 24x and too small to see at 3x)
-Incremented paralax, preferably x100m increments,

Ill waitout for comments from those that have hands on with one though.

cheers,

JJ

I'll go so far as to say I don't want a center dot at all, lol! But maybe it was solution to the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">10x</span><span style="font-weight: bold">8x</span> mag range.

This March scope doesn't have a 10x multiplier . . .

3x-24x is an <span style="text-decoration: underline">8x</span> multiplier. 3 <span style="color: #CC0000">x8</span> = 24

Gotta say, the light weight makes this a really attractive option for the lightweight hunting/silhouette rifle I want to build. The 9 lbs all up weight limit for silhouette makes it hard to justify a 30-36oz scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to top BR and F-Class guys noting tracks like a March. I know some guys that do a lot of testing in indoor tunnels and they all shoot March now. </div></div>

Didnt take me long to figure that one out Charlie.
Having used many NF, PR Leups, S&B PM2 etc could never get a respectable group meaning none tracked like a March, always thought it was the barrel or ammo.

See its still got the 4" eye relief.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great now I gotta figure a way to afford another March. Best scopes I have used for F TR.</div></div>

On the outside, it is the same package as the 2.5-25x42 scope I used earlier. I recall you preferred higher magnification and objective lens for your FT/R guns. However, as far as scopes with 42mm objective lenses go, this seems to about as good as I have seen.

ILya

Actually I need a new scope for the new FPR Class, which is limited to 25x, so this may just be the ticket. I run the higher magnification in FTR Class