• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

March FX 1-10 vs Leupold Mk5 2-10

warrantchief

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2023
Montana
Hi folks, I've decided I'm frustrated enough with the lack of parallax adjustment on my trijicon 1-8x28 that I want to get something else. The rifle is my "recce" with a 14.5" p&w but it is sub MOA with good ammo and I like to shoot it everything from carbine classes to distance (up to 600yards). It seems like the two choices are the scopes I mentioned for LPVO that include a parallax adjustment. I run the gun without a bipod. I have an 18" ar that I use as a comp gas gun with a steiner 3-18x, so I'm not trying to make a dedicated long distance gun.

The March is even more expensive than the Leupold and I've never looked through a March at all. I have a Leupold Mark 6 3-18x that I'm quite fond of, but thats my only experience with fancy Leupolds.

I'm leaning towards the 1-10 but I worry a bit about a 10x multiplier and how big the eye box would be at 10x. Anyone have thoughts or experiences on either scope? Thanks!

The one thing I really like about my trijicon is that the 1x reticle is quite good illuminated or otherwise for close carbine engagement distances. Not sure how the march or leupold would manage...

I moved up from Trijicon on a couple of my gassers to the MK5 3.6-18 and I am truly happy with the upgrade.

March gets a lot of good press but Ive never handled or looked through one so I stuck with Leupold.

I finally got to check out the Mk5 2-10 this weekend at a match and I can't for the life of me figure out what that scope was built for.
I don't feel like there is any additional eyebox room over the premier 1-10's out there, its heavy, the turrets are a bit tall for my tastes etc. I do praise them for putting a parallax adjustment on there, because it will be needed, but I am just not sure what use case they were building it around.

I finally got to check out the Mk5 2-10 this weekend at a match and I can't for the life of me figure out what that scope was built for.
I don't feel like there is any additional eyebox room over the premier 1-10's out there, its heavy, the turrets are a bit tall for my tastes etc. I do praise them for putting a parallax adjustment on there, because it will be needed, but I am just not sure what use case they were building it around.
hmm, yeah I would have wanted better eyebox on the Mk5 2-10 and also brighter at 8-10x than the 10x LPVOs out there.

hmm, yeah I would have wanted better eyebox on the Mk5 2-10 and also brighter at 8-10x than the 10x LPVOs out there.
I messed with it in bright daylight so hard to say on that one, it could be much better at low light...should be

March. All. Day. Long.

Honestly, it’s not even close. Maybe reticle choices would be the only possible reason to consider the Leupy.

I watched a bunch of different youtube last night on the previous gen. I'm gonna give it a whirl! Order placed. Should have it in late November, apparently.

You are trying to compare two products that don’t compete in the same space. Either you really need a true 1x or you don’t. If you do need a 1x the Leupold doesn’t make sense as a comparison - it doesn’t have a 1x. If you don’t need 1x then you should be comparing to the March 1.5-15x44 FFP scope to the Leupold 2-10x instead of the March 1-10x.

Reactions: TheHorta
I agree that the target market for the two optics are probably separate. The leupold is aimed at mk-12 clones, etc. But I'm not sure I agree about the true 1x vs 2x being the reason why. My 20" m16a4 clone with a acog is still a super relevant rifle for carbine style work.

Either way, I went with the 1-10x!

You’ll be blown away by the Shorty. Only issue with March is limited reticle choices. Not sure if ITAR plays a part in that, or if the Japs don’t like licensing fees, but it is what it is.

You are trying to compare two products that don’t compete in the same space. Either you really need a true 1x or you don’t. If you do need a 1x the Leupold doesn’t make sense as a comparison - it doesn’t have a 1x. If you don’t need 1x then you should be comparing to the March 1.5-15x44 FFP scope to the Leupold 2-10x instead of the March 1-10x.

Eh, I’d say they have enough similarities to cross-shop. Somewhat compact to compact FFP optic with 10x top end and adjustable parallax?