• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition March Madness @ Sacramento Valley Shooting Center

Pthfndr-CA

Sergeant
Minuteman
I thought I'd post this around in case there is any interest. These are not tactical matches, but High Power prone matches. Originally all sling & coat/iron sight shooters, for the last couple of years they have been open to F Class, which includes F-Open, F-T/R, and now Field Precision rifle (FPR=Tactical rifles). Many of the best Palma and F Class shooters in the country come to this match.

Last year the Vu Pham and the NCPPRC fielded a few teams for the team matches, and we had several guys shoot in the individual matches also.

Jim O'Connell, the HP match director at Sac Valley is one of the nicest guys you could meet. He's been very accepting of the tac rifle crowd. It's preferred that you not have a muzzle brake for this event, but if you must, make sure you tell him when you sign up so he can squad you at the end of the line. And bring something to use as a blast shield. It's in CA, so no suppressors, sorry.

This forum won't let me add the attachments with all the detailed info, so if anyone is interested email or (or PM me your email address) and I'll send them to you. It's easier to reach me than Jim.

Rob Thomas

FOLSOM SHOOTING CLUB INC.
SACRAMENTO VALLEY SHOOTING CENTER
SLOUGHHOUSE CALIFORNIA
March 2012 Summary

AMERICAN/CANADIAN MATCH: 7-11 March
Palma Rifle and “F” Class
Wed: Squadded practice – 300, 600, 900 and 1000 yds. (48 rounds)-squadded practice $10 (includes lunch)
Thur: Folsom Club match - 300, 600, 900 and 1000 yds. (48 rounds)-Club Match $10 (no awards – free lunch)
Fri: 4 Man Team Match – 300, 600, 900 and 1000 yds. (48 rounds)-$15/shooting member (includes lunch) (pay at range 12)
Sat: Day 1 inividual – 300, 600, 900 and 1000 yds. (68 rounds)-$60 (includes target puller and BBQ Dinner)
Sun: Day 2 individual – 300, 600, 900 and 1000 yds. (48 rounds)-$50 (includes target puller and BBQ Lunch)
Total number of rounds – 260

LONG RANGE REGIONAL: 14-18 March
Palma Rifle and “F” Class
Wed: Squadded practice 800, 900 and 1000 yds. (55 rounds)-$10 (includes lunch)
Thur: Folsom Club match Palma course of fire. (55 rounds)-$20 (includes lunch)
Fri: 4 Man Team Match – Palma course of fire. (51 rounds)-$15/firing member (includes lunch)(pay at range 12)
Sat: Day 1 individual – Palma Match. (55 rounds)-$50 covers Saturday and Sunday
Sun: Day 2 individual – Palma Match. (55 rounds)
Total number of rounds – 271

FOLSOM 1000: 21-25 March
Any Rifle and “F” Class - stings are 20 for record – unlimited sighters.
Wed: Squadded practice – 1000 yds. (2 strings)-$10 (includes lunch)
Thur: Folsom Club Match – 1000 yds. (2 strings)-$20 (includes lunch)
Fri: 4 Man Team Match – 1000 yds. (2 strings)-$15/firing member (pay at range 12)(includes lunch)
Sat: Day 1 – 1000 yds. Any/Any (2 strings)-$50 covers both Saturday and Sunday
Sun: Day 2 – 1000 yds. Any/Iron (2 strings)
Total number of rounds – 300 (estimate 30 rds/string)

For letters of invitation, copies of the match programs, or additional information contact:

Jim O’Connell
1817 Chestnut St.
Alameda, CA 94501
[email protected]

In addition the California State Fullbore Championship and the California State Palma Championship will be held at Coalinga CA on 25-26 February and 3-4 March.

Re: March Madness @ Sacramento Valley Shooting Center

If I get my 308 or 6br back soon I will make this match.My 223 gets alittle tired past 800

Shot last year's Canadian/American and had a good time and will do it again.

The COF has short, mid and long range distances and the <span style="text-decoration: underline">paid target-pullers</span> make the relays move quickly.

Plus it's fun to see the Canuks wearing shorts in the 50º weather.

Anyone know if F T/R shooters can use any weight bullet in the American Canadian match?

The invite specifies:
- .308/223 max 156/91gr
- F Class welcome...

I assumed that to mean any bullet for F, but I heard other opinions today - I'm confused and thought I would check here before mailing Jim.

Nimo

I don't believe there is a weight limit for .308. IIRC there is for 5.56/.223, and since the first series of matches is with the Canadians it's probably conforming to International rules.

Mike M /Tactical are you shooting the march matches being you are local?Would like to see a local Norcal usa f/tr team member at the match to show us how it is done
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All FullBore matches have a 156 grain limit but never once seen it enforced. </div></div>

Mike,

My understanding was that the bullet weight limit is for Target Rifle and Int'l Target Rifle shooters, but not F/TR - at least thats how I read 3.17(a) & (b) of the US NRA Int'l Fullbore rules. It'd be interesting to ask O'Connell (the Match Director) how he interprets it...

Monte

Matt will be recovering from Surgery during March Madness this year, but your welcome to come out to the Nationals in Raton in fall and show me how its done.

Been a rough 2 years with many surgeries. Hopefully I will be back to normal before the next World Chmpionships

The Bullet weight limit of 156 grains does not apply to F-T/R in either Fullbore or Highpower style shooting, you are welcome to use whatever weight bullet you like. It shouldn't be open to a match director's discretion.

Mike: get your malingering butt back on the line!!
grin.gif
LOL

Mike good luck with your surgery and hope you recover fast.I would love to shoot Raton but the fact that I am not that good and money is tight prouble will prevent that.
smile.gif

Checked with Jim - no bullet weight limit in F T/R for this event.
- Good news as my 155 loads are speed challenged
smile.gif

I for get which match d6irector told me the 156 limit in Full Bore Matches but glad to see he was wrong for F TR

Matt I dont think I am good either. I just get lucky once in awhile

Well I am going to shoot my sav 223 as my 308 is not going to be back in time.Hope it isnt to windy
grin.gif

I was looking at the weather data from last year and we had really mild wind conditions. Only got above 10mph on the final day, and of course right around the time the 1K String.

Finishing up a little annealing and load work this weekend.

Can't wait!

Great match learned alot from the team Savage guys!!! Stan P and John w are first class guys.

Had a lot of fun at the American/Canadian and the Long Range Regional.
Highlight for me was 12 consecutive Xs at 800 on Day1 and only dropping 1 point at 900 on Day2 of the L.R.R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killshot44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a lot of fun at the American/Canadian and the Long Range Regional.
Highlight for me was 12 consecutive Xs at 800 on Day1 and only dropping 1 point at 900 on Day2 of the L.R.R. </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killshot44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a lot of fun at the American/Canadian and the Long Range Regional.
Highlight for me was 12 consecutive Xs at 800 on Day1 and only dropping 1 point at 900 on Day2 of the L.R.R. </div></div>

Good job!