• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March Scopes - Your thoughts?

Leaddog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2009
Delaware
Having been a Nightforce guy for a long time (F/TR Class), I recently picked up a March Tactical 10-60x52 w/MTR-1. I am mounting it on my new rifle build soon. I went with the March because I needed to lose weight as I was bumping the F Class TR weight limit of 18.15 lbs..

I'd like to hear from folks that are stretching out their March scopes to 600 and 1000 yards. How are they working out for you? I've heard that the March is a great 1-300 yard scope, but isn't any better than a NF at long distance. I suppose I'll find out soon enough, but what are your thoughts and experiences?

Also... have you used the modifier disk during times of heavy mirage to keep the magnification up? How did that work out?

Let's not go into the but, but, they are so expensive and only carry a 5 year warranty. That's a subject for another day. I would like to just hear from current March users and thier experiences with the scopes.

Thanks for your feedback.

Re: March Scopes - Your thoughts?

I've wanted to get my hands on one myself. The videos are absolutely incredible. I had a customer call in who had a model with the LR reticle and he couldnt be happier with it. It be great to get one to try out but everything I've heard about them from current March owners is that they all love their purchase.

Trevor B

Your March will definitely have better glass than your Nightforce. However, I sold mine after comparing it to a S&B at several different magnifications. The S&B was brighter and had a much more forgiving eyebox.

I have a brand new March Tactical 2.5-25x42 sitting in my gunsafe at home waiting for my custom 300 Win Mag.

Just playing with it, the glass is VERY clear & sharp. The clicks on the turrets are very precise & tight. Overall I am impressed with this scope without even shooting it yet. The scope is very sleek & compact - very nice to put on a long range hunting rifle. I can't wait to get this mounted up & on the range!!

The March scope has become a huge player in a few short years at long range. From F-Class, Benchrest, and Long Range hunters we have had a great response about the reticles and overall great quality of the scopes. They resolve mirage better than anything I have ever used! I really hope that you will love your 10x-60x52mm as much as I love mine. Every time i make an adjustment, it is dead on there! That is the key to a great scope for long range!

I have a 3-24X Tactical...

it's a nice scope, compact for it's magnification, and very good glass, but has some draw backs, at least for a tactical scope.

The eye relief, eye box is very unforgiving. For an F Class / Benchrest scope I see this being an excellent optic, but for me, I find it a bit picky.

The focus also seems to be a tad touchy on 24X, especially far out there. Its got a very short movement so it's easy to miss the sweet spot.

I used it pretty religiously on a DTA w/ SPUHR mount and still I found it too low to get a great sight picture because it is that unforgiving.

I could definitely see running it for F Class though, it would just have to be set up 100% for that in the prone. On the DTA without the ability to adjust the cheek height I found it hard to use comfortably

I'd really like to see NF put their target shooting based scope on a diet. I'm with you on the weight loss program. I may end up with a Sightron 10-50 and drop half a pound. That is a lot of weight that can be added to the barrel or the bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 3-24X Tactical...

it's a nice scope, compact for it's magnification, and very good glass, but has some draw backs, at least for a tactical scope.

The eye relief, eye box is very unforgiving. For an F Class / Benchrest scope I see this being an excellent optic, but for me, I find it a bit picky.

The focus also seems to be a tad touchy on 24X, especially far out there. Its got a very short movement so it's easy to miss the sweet spot.

I used it pretty religiously on a DTA w/ SPUHR mount and still I found it too low to get a great sight picture because it is that unforgiving.

I could definitely see running it for F Class though, it would just have to be set up 100% for that in the prone. On the DTA without the ability to adjust the cheek height I found it hard to use comfortably </div></div>

I have a like new F1 with an MLR-2 ret. I'll trade you for it.

I have 3 F Class matches coming up in the next few weeks. I've mounted the March on my Spencer rifle for right now while I am waiting for my new rifle to be completed. I took my Nightforce off, so we'll see how the March does. I'll come back with a report.

Thanks for your notes above.