• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marcus Luttrell's mentor Billy Shelton

Re: Marcus Luttrell's mentor Billy Shelton

Although this is terribly sad, I will let God be the judge. It just goes to show that we are what others think we are. If those Luttrell boys were inspired to become the men they've become because of this man, liar or not, he has done more for this country by living a lie then most people have by living the "truth".

In my experience, guys who act tough are doing so to compensate for what they are not. As a former Recon Marine, I have known men who were tough, and they don't go around bragging about it.

Also, the discovery of this fraud, does not take away anything from the Luttrell brothers. They earned their way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RandyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my experience, guys who act tough are doing so to compensate for what they are not. As a former Recon Marine, I have known men who were tough, and they don't go around bragging about it. </div></div>

Hey Devil Dog,
You are still a Recon Marine.
Semper Fi brother.

Wow, I finished the book, "Lone Survivor", last night and it was an incredible story of bravery, toughness and sacrifice. It is too bad that the author's mentor appears to have been much less than honest.

This info doesn't detract one bit from Operation Redwing, Marcus Luttrell or the rest of the story.

Lies will come back to haunt the liar.

Darin