• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Marine Corp Survival school - Military channel

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
Anyone catching this?

Looks like the good old reliable SUSV is still in action!!!!

I rode and drove plenty of those things....

Neat to see the cold weather survival school again LOL - 4 times through that myself..Army though.

Re: Marine Corp Survival school - Military channel

If it's the one up at MWTC in Bridgeport Ca, they changed it up a few years ago (2003 if I rember right) to be more of a SERE course, but all in all, it's still incorporating the same basics of survival in a mountainous environment.

I'm thinking it was in Colorado but I could be wrong - was between 5000 and 9000 feet elevation during the course.

Still, pretty cool.

I went through HuckleBerry creek up by Crystal Mtn back when it was in operation, just about any type of school like that I could get my hands on when I was younger - I love to watch these guys go through it......and the woman - she kept the best attitude of all of em and did quite well.

The Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center is located about 20 miles North of Bridgeport California which is on the Eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountain Range. This is where the show was filmed. This base has been in use by the MC since the early 50's. You can view it on GoogleEarth. The elevation is 6800 ft, lat. 38°21'33.45"N Long. 119°30'45.91"W