• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marine ETT's

CE1371

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2007
AZ/CO
In the IRR. Only been out since February but I'm already missing Afghanistan. The only way I'd seriously consider going back though is on an ETT. Is there any particular procedure to get on one (just contact ops chief?) or is there any online list of openings and would it be open to those who are now in the reserves?

Re: Marine ETT's

I dont know about the sea soldiers, but in the Army & ARNG, the AKO website has a list of jobs and assignments for people wishing to temp get off IRR status.

IRR is wierd. My wife went IRR after she had her 20 so she could start processing for retirement. In 2002 she got her points all lined up and sent in her paper work. She got her retirement orders and a couple weeks later got her activation orders. Sent her scranny butt to Kuwait in Mar '03.

We have or at least had a similar list but I can't find it on manpower and reserves. Can anyone assist me, I'm not very good with internet stuff.

Contact your local reserve center. The I&I staff should be able to point you in the right direction. Best bet is face to face.

I don't think there are ETTs anymore... the current push is for the Army to mentor the ANA unit to unit.

Redmanss is right. Call your local reserve center, and ask for the contact information for the PWST (Peacetime Wartime Support Team). They maintain a list of everyone in the IRR, schedule the musters, and should be able to advise you on deployment opportunities. I'd suggest meeting with them to get on top of their list.

Another option is meeting with the prior service recruiter, who should work full time at the local reserve center. They should have a list of billet openings for Marines wishing to reenlist form the IRR.

Link: https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal/pag...es/CMT_Enlisted

Good luck.