• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Marine Scout Snipers

rogers0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2007
Camp Lejeune and elsewhere
Guys,

I see alot of bad word being passed on here, mainly by kids who heard from other kids what being a Marine Sniper is all about. I have a little extra time on my hands so let me clear some things up, and if you guys have any questions feel free to post it on this thread.

First of all, when we are screening guys to come to the platoon we are looking for mature INFANTRYMEN, preferably with at least a deployment. Being in great physical shape and having a no quit attitude goes without saying, but we are looking for someone who is more then just all pain, no gain. We want smart guys. The level of knowledge that is required to operate as a sniper is extremely high, so we need to make sure they are smart enough to handle the knowledge. We want guys who are great infantrymen, bottom line. If you do not have a great knowledge on your infantry skills, we arent looking for you.

If you are still in high school and have a dream of being a scout sniper, thats great but dont get ahead of yourself. You need to get through bootcamp, become an infantryman, and do the best you can at that before you look any further. And honest to God, you probably think it looks really cool right now, but after spending a few cold nights in the field as a grunt, most will change your mind about wanting to be a scout sniper.

Dont worry about shooting now. It wont help you. I never shot before bootcamp. Just because you are the best shooter you know doesnt mean Im going to come looking for you when its time for us to start screening people for the platoon.

Thats all I have for now, but if you have any questions please post them on here and I will do what I can to answer them. Im just tired of seeing misinformation on here. Hopefully this can remedy that.

Re: Marine Scout Snipers

rogers0311 - thanks!

Question: Do reserve units send men through Scout Sniper School?

My recruiter wasnt in the office yesterday. I wanted to ask if reservists get to go to specialized training schools (like scout sniper and mountain leadership)

About the only way that would happen is if you were in a Reserve unit that had that type of MOS. For instance, the Recon unit in San Antonio Texas gets slots for places like Jump school and recon related schools.

If I went the reserve route I'd be 0311. Its nice to know that the slots exist, thanks.

And damn, I'd love to be in that Recon unit. San Antonio is a great place.

Are there any Marines here that I can PM about the reserves?

When I was with STA 3/25 they would get school slots but they were hard to come by. We did have a couple of school trained Marines

Yes you can get school slots as a reservist. If you are a reserve 0311, you will go to a reserve infantry battalion, and you may get the chance to take the indoc for that battalions scout sniper platoon. Once you get into the platoon, you will have to compete for a slot to school. I would assume that there are not very many slots available, but as that reserve unit get slated for deployment, more slots usually open up, as far as I know.

they were competitive and usually went to the Marines that had shown the best aptitude and had put in there time so to speak

Well I'm joining the reserves as 0311. After my fiancee finishes grad school here in TN I'm aiming to become an active duty officer (I have a college degree).

Meanwhile, my reserve unit is deploying to Iraq in August. Too soon for me to join them. Doing the math, they won't be deploying again until around May, 2011... longer than I'd like to wait. I want to make the most of it and get a deployment under my belt before OCS. I'd also like to do all the stupid shit like kick down doors, get shot at, and attend special schools while I'm enlisted.

Can reservists volunteer to deploy with another unit? Do the 5 months of training with that unit and deploy with them?

Just talked to the recruiter so I'm answering my own question. He said you can absolutely volunteer to train and deploy with other units.

Rogers0311. I have so many questions.

Do you have a scout sniper gift shop, and, if so, do you sell those Marpat scout sniper bookmarks or oven mitts?

Can I simply buy a large wall plaque that says my name and scout sniper, or do I have to enlist and do 4 years?

Does your platoon consider the ebay purchased certificates as meeting the prerequisites?

Have you ever tasted the pine of a park bench in survival situations?

Or, licked a lake?

Is it true that you guys try to get Lyme disease, because the sickness helps you to relax and therefore shoot tighter groups?

If I send you money, can you send me a gigantic sniper sticker for my car?

Do you see marky mark around campus?

Do you guys wear that Mar-Pat stuff out to ranges?

Is it true that John Plaster has a little truck, much like a roach coach, that he can drive in your training areas so that you can just stop him and ask him questions?

I read somewhere that Marine scout snipers often cut off the sleeves of their skivvie shirts to use as toilet paper. Is this true?

If I were in 9th grade and qualified for the next Olympics, would this give me extra points with my recruiter when he assigns sniper guarantees?

Is it true that the CG's name there is Dick Try On? Doesn't that seem odd to you?

Who puts those "Don't Walk on Grass" signs out there?

Why do all older Marines refer to themselves as MACK-VEE-SOG?

Is it true that at 29 Palms, dirt in one's nose can overnight turn into large rocks?

When morale is real high, do you ever refer to yourselves as gruntled employees?

Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Thanks. No, I mean it. Thanks.

For some reason, me thinks you have a legal pad somewhere where you write these things down when you hear a good one....
laugh.gif

It's the caffeine, and Ms. Stewart. She got me to a professional typing speed in 8th grade, last year...

It is also that I admire men like Rogers, and, since he has to go to a formation and I do not, I thought it only fair that since I am laughing I could probably make him laugh too...

The sad thing is those questions have all probably been seriously asked before...

As for me, no formations for a few more days at least...gotta love that post deployment leave...Im sure I will be crying in a few days though...our company has a severe obsession with formations...thousands of them

Sometimes, when I get bored, I get a bunch of retirees together and we go out and get online and just sweep the grounds here at work looking for things that don't grow naturally...

Last Tuesday I found 2 cigarette butts and a nickel.

It was kind of exciting...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atticum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd also like to...get shot at</div></div>

And the award for the dumbest post of the month goes to...

You are from Austin Shaggy. He is from TN. For the first time, I think he means it. Dumb, but lets support him because stupid is as stupid does....

and Rogers is in place of where we were at...or where people want to be...not really...but willing...and kinda...but not needed...

How come all the Recon bubba's wear Honduran Jump wings on their cammies?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atticum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd also like to do all the stupid shit like...get shot at, and attend special schools...</div></div>

Get shot at enough & your number comes up... take a round or two in the nug-nug & it's either lights out or you get coloring books for Christmas the rest of your life... special schools will be the norm then..

-Wil

That shit is too funny. Can you say working party,

EVERYONE DISAPPEAR!!

haha howdy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">e-tool qual... make sure you get your e-tool qual... IT'S A MUST!! </div></div>

I remember my first etool qual. It was an eye opener fo sho. But we had a few midshipment with us a few weeks later out on old San Mateo. Watching an etool qual is way better then qualification its self. And these boys were really getting after it. I ROFL in real life.

Howdy

If I buy a bunch of Marpat at Wal-Mart and turn it into a ghillie suit...Am I qualified?

I've beaten all the Halo videogames on every difficulty. Can't the Corps just call me a Force Recon Scout Sniper and send me to Trashcanistan?

I've bought all the Hog's teeth on Ebay and I've got that bitchin' 'Hunters of Gunmen' shirt, but yet they still won't give me a M40A3. What's up with that?

I've been amped up by all the sniping videogames and I know all the best sniping movies, but the PT test is so fucking hard. Do you have any tips?

Why do you guys say 'Attention on Deck'? Is there patio furniture on this deck? I'm pretty winded.

lmao...

attention on deck! Good evening sir... Recruit Bag-o-Doghnuts reports there are currently 83 recruits on deck, all is secure at this time, sir.

bang bang bang...

Sir... the time on deck is... 0430 sir...

GO AWAY!

bang bang bang...
Sir.. the time on deck is 0440 sir...

I TOLD YOU TO GO AWAY!

bang bang bang...
Sir... the time on deck is..

CARRY ON... I'M UP DAMN IT!

Zero
Freeze Private freeze
Check-em
Check-em aye aye sir
D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E (while checking all locks and screaming the letters at the top of our lungs)
Freeze private freeze

Funny thing though, it was hot as hell that summer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atticum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd also like to do all the stupid shit like...get shot at, and attend special schools...</div></div>

Get shot at enough & your number comes up... take a round or two in the nug-nug & it's either lights out or you get coloring books for Christmas the rest of your life... special schools will be the norm then..

-Wil </div></div>

I dont mean to make light of it. Just saying I want to be infantry.

Yea BUT...when youb are a Scout Sniper you NEVER have to deal with any of the bullshit, you get treated like a king, you never have formations, you never police call, you never have to deal with any bullshit at all...right???

Funny thing is, thats why most of us come to the platoon in the first place, were all just grunts wanting to get away from all the shit, not because we wanna play with cool guns or look cool on facebook, but simply to escape the bullshit...then we get into the community and were still not away from the bullshit hahaha. Kinda funny how it all works out.

EARS...

left sock comin on now..do it now move
20 15 10 3 2 1
right sock comin on mow.. do it now move
20 10 4 3 1
trousers on now... do it now move
30 20 10 5 2 1
blouse on now
10 5 4 2 1
left boot on now...
30 20 10 2 1
right boot now.. you got
30 20 10 4 1

ZEEEEERRROOOOOO !

who the fuck taught them dudes how to count anyway....lol

quarter deck now... aye sir.. no aye sir

run now... aye sir... no aye sir

higher...
higher aye sir
face now move
push...
back now move...aye sir... no aye sir...
SIX INCHES!
hold it
hold it
face now move
push
halfway down
down
halfway up
up
halfway down
hold it...
down
feet now move...

GO GET A FRIEND!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rogers0311. I have so many questions.

Do you have a scout sniper gift shop, and, if so, do you sell those Marpat scout sniper bookmarks or oven mitts?

Can I simply buy a large wall plaque that says my name and scout sniper, or do I have to enlist and do 4 years?

Does your platoon consider the ebay purchased certificates as meeting the prerequisites?

Or, licked a lake?

Is it true that you guys try to get Lyme disease, because the sickness helps you to relax and therefore shoot tighter groups?

Is it true that John Plaster has a little truck, much like a roach coach, that he can drive in your training areas so that you can just stop him and ask him questions?

I read somewhere that Marine scout snipers often cut off the sleeves of their skivvie shirts to use as toilet paper. Is this true?

If I were in 9th grade and qualified for the next Olympics, would this give me extra points with my recruiter when he assigns sniper guarantees?

Is it true that the CG's name there is Dick Try On? Doesn't that seem odd to you?

Is it true that at 29 Palms, dirt in one's nose can overnight turn into large rocks?

When morale is real high, do you ever refer to yourselves as gruntled employees?

</div></div>

Nice....very nice..

got sent to the head shed to grab the PRC E-8 (read prick E-8)...

Top LOVED that one let me tell ya...

I made sure to pass that one along again further in my career...laffin'

Holy crap Wil, how long have you been out.... a few days?
Your retention of that stuff is Gump-like
smile.gif
... Maybe you were the bend private? Not a bad thing.... you know, he was the guy running around measuring everyone’s feet with a knowledge book to ensure their leg lifts were high enough.

How about:
Annnnnnd, Sit.
Or, Heals, I only want to hear Heals!

Gump-like. LOL. Wil has never been full retard, but he's rode that line a few times...

Ok,
I get it, I travel a bit to far down the Semper Fi memory lane myself (on rare occasion). At times I do recall having a temporary case of TOD's....(Touch of Downs).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rogers0311. I have so many questions.

Or, licked a lake?

</div></div>

Forty-Freaking-One............That is some of the funniest shit I've ever read in the Hide. Outstanding!

-Pat

Boot! Go ask gunny for a pricke7....

There is room for 3 more in there! If your dicks are not touching your wrong...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EARS...

left sock comin on now..do it now move
20 15 10 3 2 1
right sock comin on mow.. do it now move
20 10 4 3 1
trousers on now... do it now move
30 20 10 5 2 1
blouse on now
10 5 4 2 1
left boot on now...
30 20 10 2 1
right boot now.. you got
30 20 10 4 1

ZEEEEERRROOOOOO !

who the fuck taught them dudes how to count anyway....lol

quarter deck now... aye sir.. no aye sir

run now... aye sir... no aye sir

higher...
higher aye sir
face now move
push...
back now move...aye sir... no aye sir...
SIX INCHES!
hold it
hold it
face now move
push
halfway down
down
halfway up
up
halfway down
hold it...
down
feet now move...

GO GET A FRIEND!
</div></div>

i am laughing so fucking hard i am ready to puke....that shit is to the tee and nighmarish!!!!!!!!!!!

Question: Do reserve units send men through Scout Sniper School?

yes.

How about

Dicipline is?

Sir Disipline is instant will and obedeance to orders sir!.

Or bed time.
after the Marine Hymn
prepare to mount!
{Prepare to mount Aye sir}
We are rough tough cant get enough little green anphibious monsters Sire ooooraaahh.

Mount!

We like it... We love it.. we want some more of it..
Make it hurt Drill Instructor MAKE IT HURT...

and for all the vertically challenged... Remember all those humps??

TIGHTEN IT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

tighten it up aye sir...

TIGHTEN IT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

that's frikin dawgone good to go ya understand.... noooo you understand

Reserve units send men through scout sniper school like the regular units. The quota system is designed to give priority to units that are scheduled to begin workups and deploy. The reserve units are definitely in the deployment cycle. In my experience, the reservists that came to school were generally older and performed very well. I may not have the same level of respect for some of their leaders...

If you are looking for specific information concerning a unit or location, PM me and I will find some one for you to talk to.