• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marine Sniper Take top prize, again

Photon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
CA/MN/IA/VA/FL/TX
Good afternoon Hiders,
(morning for you Californian types)

I came across this article today and thought I would help spread the cheer...
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2009/12/marine_sniper_121009w/
The Inter-Service Sniper Sustainment Exercise...

Anyone have any other info on this competition? Or participated in it. Sounds like a pretty wicked set of scenarios they had to go through. Except for shooting from a helo... pshaw, I could do that... 100% accuracy, if my target was the Earth.

Semper Fi
-Paul

Re: Marine Sniper Take top prize, again

Yes; I, too, have found that when shooting at planets, good shot placement is essential...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Photon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good afternoon Hiders,
(morning for you Californian types)

I came across this article today and thought I would help spread the cheer...
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2009/12/marine_sniper_121009w/
The Inter-Service Sniper Sustainment Exercise...

Anyone have any other info on this competition? Or participated in it. Sounds like a pretty wicked set of scenarios they had to go through. Except for shooting from a helo... pshaw, I could do that... 100% accuracy, if my target was the Earth.

Semper Fi
-Paul </div></div>

I played in this game last year. Marines didn't show although I think two teams were invited, it was too bad. It wouldve been fun to train/compete with them. If the aerial platform shoot was anything like it was last year it was not easy. The bird was having alot of turbulence hovering and you didn't have time at the target area to dope your scope. You had to take a SWAG of RANGE-E visually with the naked eye (no time for mil range) and then use your 500m combat zero to pull mildot hold over on targets @ different ranges. And you know how shooting goes, the more non scientific variables there are the more screwed you are. Luckily I hit 100% of my targets... but it was only a little skill and a shit ton of luck. I was shooting an m110 from the seated position of the ramp of a Chinook.

All together there was something like 16 different scenarios. Very well thought out Comp that spanned a very broad and all encompassing aray of sniper tasks. I just hope things like this stay in the system, Its good for the community.

That's amazing, shooting 100% from a turbulent whirlybird...

It does seem like a great training exercise, 16 different scenarios over a few days, long days at that. From the article it sounds like they had SpecOp teams perusing around the field trying to find them, which went into the night as their scenarios continued.
That's what it's all about though, getting that good training in so their jobs are just that much more effective.

Glad to hear we took #1 once again
smile.gif