• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing marine tex or devcon?

chadg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
foothills of the ozarks.
Just curious where everyone buys there devcon or marine tex at?I have looked all over my small town and can't seem to find any anywhere.
Im going to try some diy texturing and painting.

Re: marine tex or devcon?

I use Devcon and Bart Bobbit uses Marine Tex.

He gets much smaller groups, but it is not because of the epoxy brand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a Grainger nearby? </div></div>

As a matter of fact i just happen to work on a tow boat.That is who we order all our supplies from..Hell i never even thought of that...the awnser was right in front of me.I think i will throw some on the boat order and pay for it out of my pocket......
Thanks jason,good call...

My work here is done.
laugh.gif

Glad it helped.

J

White marinetex may be OK for texturing, but if you are ever going to be bedding with it, make sure you get the grey stuff.....

Ace Hardware is my source for MarineTex.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White marinetex may be OK for texturing, but if you are ever going to be bedding with it, make sure you get the grey stuff.....

</div></div>

Why? what is the difference?

I used marine tex the other day for bedding it was the white stuff. they come in 2 oz can you can get away with out using all of it. Just use a lot of tape, and shoe polish/release agent. Search for the bedding projecct thread here tons of info.

Ks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">white is softer </div></div>

Correct. White will not work for bedding long run......