• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marine Veteran Arrested at Clinton Barrett rally

Re: Marine Veteran Arrested at Clinton Barrett rally

That cop acted disgracefully !

He is not entitled to call himself a cop and shames the uniform .

Terrible ! Just terrible ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddieo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That cop acted disgracefully !

He is not entitled to call himself a cop and shames the uniform .

Terrible ! Just terrible ... </div></div>

That is typical behavior for police.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That is typical behavior for police. </div></div>

Not quite scrappy. This is more typical for police.

<span style="font-weight: bold">NEW YORK -- Detectives plunged into the Hudson River on Saturday to rescue a woman who had apparently jumped in, pulling her to safety as onlookers watched from shore, police said.

Emergency Service Unit Detectives Darren McNamara and Henry Medina arrived around 4:30 p.m. to find people on shore pointing to the 59-year-old woman, who was floating in the water off near West 131st Street, Medina recalled later in a telephone interview.

The formerly industrial area is now a riverfront park with recreational piers.

The detectives leaped about 7 feet down into the water, and McNamara swam about 30 feet to the woman. She was conscious but in distress, McNamara said.

Meanwhile, Medina tossed them a life ring. The woman held onto it as McNamara guided her to the sea wall, where Sgt. Raymond Smith and Detective Anthony Selvaggi had hopped over a railing to lower a ladder to the water, the officers recalled.

"We all pulled her up the ladder," Selvaggi said.

She was taken to Harlem Hospital, where she was in stable condition Saturday evening.

While the Emergency Services Unit is equipped with wet suits and other water equipment, the officers didn't pause to don any of it before going into the river, which the U.S. Geological Service data pegged at about 70 degrees.

To the detectives, conditions were mild compared to another recent water rescue in which they were involved - in January.

"That water was cold," McNamara said. "This was nothing."

Some bystanders approached the rescuers with kudos afterward.

"Which was nice, because you don't get that too often," Smith said. </span>

News Article

That being said, the video was obviously edited but from what I saw other than NOT complying with a lawful order, I don't see what he did to warrant his arrest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That is typical behavior for police. </div></div>

Not quite scrappy. This is more typical for police.

<span style="font-weight: bold">NEW YORK -- Detectives plunged into the Hudson River on Saturday to rescue a woman who had apparently jumped in, pulling her to safety as onlookers watched from shore, police said.

Emergency Service Unit Detectives Darren McNamara and Henry Medina arrived around 4:30 p.m. to find people on shore pointing to the 59-year-old woman, who was floating in the water off near West 131st Street, Medina recalled later in a telephone interview.

The formerly industrial area is now a riverfront park with recreational piers.

The detectives leaped about 7 feet down into the water, and McNamara swam about 30 feet to the woman. She was conscious but in distress, McNamara said.

Meanwhile, Medina tossed them a life ring. The woman held onto it as McNamara guided her to the sea wall, where Sgt. Raymond Smith and Detective Anthony Selvaggi had hopped over a railing to lower a ladder to the water, the officers recalled.

"We all pulled her up the ladder," Selvaggi said.

She was taken to Harlem Hospital, where she was in stable condition Saturday evening.

While the Emergency Services Unit is equipped with wet suits and other water equipment, the officers didn't pause to don any of it before going into the river, which the U.S. Geological Service data pegged at about 70 degrees.

To the detectives, conditions were mild compared to another recent water rescue in which they were involved - in January.

"That water was cold," McNamara said. "This was nothing."

Some bystanders approached the rescuers with kudos afterward.

"Which was nice, because you don't get that too often," Smith said. </span>

News Article

That being said, the video was obviously edited but from what I saw other than NOT complying with a lawful order, I don't see what he did to warrant his arrest. </div></div>

Good thing they didn't have a plunger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abner_Louima

http://www.queerty.com/nypd-officers-acc...es-in-20081208/

Is that it bro? 1997? Yea that guy was a scumbag as I've said before. Still doing federal time as he should and he doesn't represent the job.

The other 4 year old incident to which you refer the officers were all found not guilty as there was ZERO evidence to support the mutt's claim. In fact there was evidence (hospital records) that confirmed that he had some sort of previous anal injury prior to his encounter with the police.

Nice try though.

More typical behavior.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Nb8H6qCDK8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Nb8H6qCDK8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
Just sayin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More typical behavior.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Nb8H6qCDK8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Nb8H6qCDK8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
Just sayin </div></div>

http://jonathanturley.org/2009/03/08/thr...n-botched-raid/

You're starting to sound like a cop banged your old lady bro. Let it go. Stick to scrap instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're starting to sound like a cop banged your old lady bro. Let it go. Stick to scrap instead. </div></div>

I just don't like thugs, and thugs with a badge are scum of the earth.

bgbill, must you troll with your anti-cop bullshit?

I'm all for holding an officer accountable if or when he's run afoul of the law he swore to uphold but to say "that is typical behavior for police" is downright asinine and quite frankly, makes you look like an idiot.

I don't know what LEOs you know or have seen but none that I have ever known personally have ever conducted themselves in such a manner that would warrant being accused of corruption or using unnecessary force.

If you have such a disdain for the LEO community, maybe it has something to do with YOUR attitude or actions when an LEO has been present or questioning you. I don't know you, obviously, but I can't imagine why you and others on here have such animosity where LEOs are concerned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bgbill, must you troll with your anti-cop bullshit?

I'm all for holding an officer accountable if or when he's run afoul of the law he swore to uphold but to say "that is typical behavior for police" is downright asinine and quite frankly, makes you look like an idiot.

I don't know what LEOs you know or have seen but none that I have ever known personally have ever conducted themselves in such a manner that would warrant being accused of corruption or using unnecessary force.

If you have such a disdain for the LEO community, maybe it has something to do with YOUR attitude or actions when an LEO has been present or questioning you. I don't know you, obviously, but I can't imagine why you and others on here have such animosity where LEOs are concerned. </div></div>

I like honest law abiding police officers, can't stand the ones who break the law and violate peoples rights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bgbill, must you troll with your anti-cop bullshit?

If you have such a disdain for the LEO community, maybe it has something to do with YOUR attitude or actions when an LEO has been present or questioning you. I don't know you, obviously, but I can't imagine why you and others on here have such animosity where LEOs are concerned. </div></div>

I like honest law abiding police officers, can't stand the ones who break the law and violate peoples rights. </div></div>

Don't backpedal now that you're being called out douchebag. You've never had one positive thing to say about police officers despite what they might do in the line of duty.

When presented with evidence that refutes your ludicrous statements you simply ignore them and continue with your childlike behavior.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bgbill, must you troll with your anti-cop bullshit?

This guy must make you proud, at least he didn't shoot anyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGD7r6s-zU

You're gonna have bad apples within ANY organization. That will never change but to say its typical of LEOs everywhere is bullshit and you know it. It's a damn insult to those who do their job, everyday, and toe the line without so much as a 'thanks'.

Next time you feel the need to lump them all together because of the actions of a few, think about that before you ask for assistance from anyone of the LEO community.

You're a pathetic piece o' shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're gonna have bad apples within ANY organization. That will never change but to say its typical of LEOs everywhere is bullshit and you know it. It's a damn insult to those who do their job, everyday, and toe the line without so much as a 'thanks'.

Next time you feel the need to lump them all together because of the actions of a few, think about that before you ask for assistance from anyone of the LEO community.

You're a pathetic piece o' shit. </div></div>

You are a tough guy behind a computer, pussies like you make great police officers.

We dont like them either and I have helped get rid of a few. Dont lump us all together just because you had a bad experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topgun99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We dont like them either and I have helped get rid of a few. Dont lump us all together just because you had a bad experience. </div></div>

I don't lump all L.E.O.'s together.

I have friends and family members that were and are sworn L.E.O.'s.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're gonna have bad apples within ANY organization. That will never change but to say its typical of LEOs everywhere is bullshit and you know it. It's a damn insult to those who do their job, everyday, and toe the line without so much as a 'thanks'.

You are a tough guy behind a computer, pussies like you make great police officers.
</div></div>

Says the punk sitting behind the computer screen, running his mouth while knowing full well there is no repercussion for beating his gums when the other guy is 14hrs away at the other end.

As I said above, and you continue to prove...you're a pathetic piece o' shit, and not worth another reply from me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're gonna have bad apples within ANY organization. That will never change but to say its typical of LEOs everywhere is bullshit and you know it. It's a damn insult to those who do their job, everyday, and toe the line without so much as a 'thanks'.

</div></div>

Says the punk sitting behind the computer screen, running his mouth while knowing full well there is no repercussion for beating his gums when the other guy is 14hrs away at the other end.

As I said above, and you continue to prove...you're a pathetic piece o' shit, and not worth another reply from me. </div></div>

Run away and hide little boy.

Like I said Pussies like you make great police officers, you aren't a man, I doubt you are even a police officer just a wannabe and a badge bunny.

Wheres the ban hammer when you really need it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topgun99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wheres the ban hammer when you really need it.</div></div>

Good question, that I was wondering the answer to myself.

I think the cop seemed to have a bit of a pro Barrett liberal democrat agenda.

That was a ballsy move on the part of the Marine, but as he said, he did nothing wrong, and this is another example of how in today's society the veteran goes and fights overseas for freedom, while people piss on it here at home where it matters most.

Liberals behave despicably and have for quite some time. It's time we come on a little stronger than the past and take America back here at home in my opinion. We need to make freedom as important here as we say it is in third world shitholes halfway around the world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So why was the Marine arrested? What laws did he brake? </div></div>

I got banned for a year for being a troll. See you in 2013.

I really don't have a dog in this hunt. I've got kin that are LEOs, sometimes they say things that make me go huh? but for the most part, they do a job most wouldn't so I give them a benefit of the doubt. We can't take what we see in a couple of minute video as anything, we don't know what lead up to that point. Was the cop out of line? Maybe, was he trying to protect the guy from real union thugs? Maybe! Did the guy have a right to protest, YEP! Do the scumbags that protest at fallen solders funerals have that right? Stop an think about about that gentlemen! How many of us would want to kick somebodies A....... Guys got sand I'll give'em that. But lets not sling mud unless we've seen the whole picture.

So the consensus seems to be that broad generalizations are worthless?

There are a lot of police officers in the world, perhaps it should not surprise so many that some minority of them turn out to be assholes. Which isn't to suggest that there should not be real checks and oversight on the actions of the police. It would seem however that there are extensive oversight mechanisms in place already.

Much of the "Cops are Pricks" statements are based on anecdotal experiences, insufficiently sourced stories and outright hysteria. The patterns are certainly contrary to my experiences.

As to the OP's post, the videos showed a very narrow field of view but it becomes very obvious that this Marine was in the presence of a LARGE number of pissed off people, to include many who are likely savages. Why the officer is muckling on to his collar in the initial "Relocation" is unclear to me and seems unnecessarily abrupt and forceful. Surprisingly, I wasn't there so I can't know what provoked it.

On the other hand, I'd assign a very high probability that things would have devolved further into violence if comments made by the several dozen loudmouth, moron, Barret supporting, assholes demanding the Marine be Jailed are any indication.

BTW, the trajectories of these threads have become very predictable.

Amen Queequeg, but the number of negative posts and comments about LEO's on this site are growing. As I have stated before, if you had a bad experience my apologies, but to generalize that all cops are thugs or incompetent is rediculous. What if I have a bad encounter with "insert profession here" am I just to assume that everyone in that profession is the same way? Until you are prepared to put on the uniform, walk out the door and willingly risk your life to make sure joe citizen, who you don't even know, gets to go home to their family, even though you might not, shut up. If you have a complaint, call a supervisor and file a formal one. Everyone see the middle or end of the videos, thats because thats the sensational part. No one sees the first five minutes where the cop is diplomatically trying to explain that the displayed behavior is against the law and has asked calmly but firmly, usually several times, to cease before they have to do the job and make them leave, move, stop said behavior or go to jail. The point is you don't have all the information to make that judgement.

public unions - a last chance saloon for the sub-par to enjoy unearned compensation at the expense of the tax-payer through the tyranny of collective intimidation.

In that video you clearly saw the total inability of those union turds to fathom the reality of standing on your own two feet and earning what your own efforts can demand in the free marketplace. The Free Market is not a Day Care center or one of those schools where everyone gets a trophy regardless of performance.

If you're not good in your job, or if the marketplace doesn't see fit to pay you what you want to be paid then face the reality and do something else. But no, why adapt to the free market when you can collectivize, intimidate, fabricate the benefits and consequences of unions and just ride off the coat-tails of others who are competent?

The other essential point that Marine made was that many unions FORCE people to join if they want to work in certain professions - ergo good people, who are honest and capable and desire to serve, are forced into the disgusting collective of the union structure. That this is legal, that this is in existence in today's world in this country is shameful.

And do your friends and family members know you generalize that all cops behave badly?

blueknight.jpg

My best friend is a cop, so is my cousin. We have had these discussions many times. I wouldn't want their jobs, but they seem to like them.

Plainly said, just because there are lots of bad cops with good cops mixed in, the same can be said for Union workers, or even politicians believe it or not.
smile.gif

Question is, how do we correct these problems, people, when every group is reported to be protecting their own turds? Do we blindly trust each group to remove the bad, abusive, or even criminal amongst themselves? That doesn't seem to work for any of the three groups mentioned above, IMO.

I sure don't have the answers.

It doesn't fill good to be profiled. I've heard plenty of stories from former Leo's to form a good generalization of the community.

I could have sworn that LowLight outlawed talking shit about LEOs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could have sworn that LowLight outlawed talking shit about LEOs. </div></div>

This wasn't a thread designed to talk shit about LEO's. I have 85 credits in criminal justice and I appreciate law enforcement officers and what they do for society. This post is to increase public awareness of Veterans being silenced by union thugs and democrats, more than anything else. I think everyone in the country should be aware of it, so that they can all equally be appalled by it.

I think the cop was concerned for the Marine's safety and then got annoyed when the Marine wanted to ignore his input which would have de-escalated the situation and increased his safety. Whether arresting him and actually charging him with disorderly conduct was the right way to go, I'm not really with him on that as I think his rights were taken without cause. I'm sure the mob desire to have him removed played a role in the decision making. The Marine may have been prepared to get his ass kicked to expose liberal lunatics.

The crowd was a mean crowd. The post is to show what these people stand for, and also to compare this to the response from conservatives to the liberals as they scribbled permanent marker on granite in the capital building and hung signs on the building and on veterans memorials etc.

Obviously the police in Madison for the most part ignored the vandalism and disturbance, where here the Marine on the side of the opposition gets charged by Milwaukee PD and arrested for less. More than the actions of one officer, this is just the attitude of government, and it needs to change IMO. <span style="font-weight: bold">Why is it Republicans are expected to respect the rights of democrats and allow them even the most criminal forms of protest, while Democrats are not expected to respect the rights of Republicans? It seems the unwritten rule is that Republicans have a lesser measure of constitutional rights than Democrats. </span>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yNi8QiKLPYU&feature=fvsr"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yNi8QiKLPYU&feature=fvsr" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I wouldn't in my wildest dreams expect not to be arrested for carrying a bucket into the capitol building and banging on it, disturbing the peace, and otherwise just making a general nuisance of myself, let alone hanging signs with tape all over the granite walls. When I last visited Washington, they weren't allowing visitors into the capitol building in the late afternoon, so I couldn't even legally enter the building quietly to see the place. This of course is an example. In my opinion government buildings are a place to behave more respectfully than normal, not less.

They sure did use the US Marine vet at the ows March.

OK Griffin, I can't play the vid for some reason so let me get this right. The Marine was acting in a way that was causing an angry group to become even angrier and on the edge of physical violence? And the cop was trying to get him to calm down and in so doing keep the lid from blowing off?

Those cops give good cops a bad name. They need to police that shit up themselves and make it a public affair to show that it is not tolerable in their ranks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topgun99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK Griffin, I can't play the vid for some reason so let me get this right. The Marine was acting in a way that was causing an angry group to become even angrier and on the edge of physical violence? And the cop was trying to get him to calm down and in so doing keep the lid from blowing off? </div></div>

The crowd was just a typical crowd of liberal lunatics. Completely intolerant of an opposition protester despite their party claims of tolerance. They were engaged in a debate- the Marine answering the questions of liberal protesters, which were many because they were a mob pretty much raining them in on him. One of the protesters at one point puts a sign in front of his face, while the news media interviews him on camera.

The police officer physically grabbed him by his shirt, and walked and pushed him in the direction of another area and said, "You're going to get your ass kicked- Move."

And the Marine didn't appreciate being told where he could stand at the protest, which is somewhat reasonable, because the whole area is public property. The crowd was happy the police officer was giving his attention to the Marine and began to yell for his (and also Governor Scott Walker's) arrest.

The Marine vocalized his dissent to being moved and told what to do when he was lawfully conducting himself and was arrested for gesturing with his hands (pointing). The police officer was at that point angry with the Marine and cited finger pointing and also the stick attached to his sign as the reasons for the arrest or that's what I gather from watching the youtube video.

I believe had the Marine stayed, he might have been physically attacked, but that would have resulted in criminal charges on Democrats where this situation instead results in charges to him.

So rather than wait for a crime to happen and charge those at fault, they arrested and charged the would be victim of the perceived future crime.

I can see the strategy here, so I'm not saying the police officer isn't making any sense, but it just doesn't seem to be the way that the justice system is intended to operate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plainly said, just because there are lots of bad cops with good cops mixed in, the same can be said for Union workers, or even politicians believe it or not.</div></div>

We used to say 90 percent of your problems are caused by 10 percent of your people. I think that's a fair statement for just about any particular group of people. Of course, the reverse is true of politicians and union <span style="font-style: italic">officials</span> (who are really politicians).

When it comes to good cops doing great things, I always side with Slapchop and guys like him. Enema Nozzles are not the norm in any job whether it be civilian or military. Just the same though, I am a total, complete advocate of resistance when there is no basis for arrest or anything else, and as such advocate taking a Resist Stance

EventHorizon said:
public unions - a last chance saloon for the sub-par to enjoy unearned compensation at the expense of the tax-payer through the tyranny of collective intimidation.

Well spoken Event Horizon. It's going in my favorite quotes folder. Hope you don't mind.