• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marines looking to replace MK13 Mod 7 already?

Non quick change barrels are stupid in this day and age. Especially with the round counts and cartridges those guys are shooting.

Could also be payoffs like usual

The MRAD is a bad ass system there’s no doubt but I’d hate to be the poor soul having to carry that MFer around the mountains. She ain’t light.
I saw at SHOT Barrett had MRADs coming from the factory with PROOF barrels, apparently for a DOD contract or something. That was pretty neat.

The MRAD is a bad ass system there’s no doubt but I’d hate to be the poor soul having to carry that MFer around the mountains. She ain’t light.

Mk13's are not exactly light either. I'd be willing to bet the MRAD comes in equal to, or lighter than the Mk13, that coupled with the easy barrel changes is kind of a no brainer.

Mk13's are not exactly light either. I'd be willing to bet the MRAD comes in equal to, or lighter than the Mk13, that coupled with the easy barrel changes is kind of a no brainer.
I’ve never put my hands on a true Mk13 but did have a similar build and it def wasn’t lite. I agree the barrel swaps are stupid easy and very accurate.

I recall reading somewhere around the time the ASR contract was awarded (can’t remember if it was an online article or forum) that the USMC were going to transition to the MRAD and/or some variation of the ASR and that the mod 7 was just an interim solution. DoD purchased some MRADs in 300 PRC recently (separate from the ASR); not sure if that purchase has anything to do with the USMC sniper program or not.

Does Barrett pay LMT to license that barrel swap feature?

Oddly enough,

I have been out checking the Mrads out for a little while now and i think that they are pretty cool. I am currently going back and forth on one of the newer MRAD's or maybe a AXMC.