• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marines Snipers Make Headlines..........again

S

Seth8541

I'm on my IPhone now so I can't post the link, but maybe someone can for me.
Apparently a Marine Sniper Platoon in Afghanistan posted a pic of
there platoon with an American flag and another flag below it that happened to be a pair of SS bolts Lmao!!!. Making a huge deal out of this as well unfortunately. Let's see how this turns out.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/0...mp;type=article

Re: Marines Snipers Make Headlines..........again

Last time I checked the SS stands for scout sniper. Dose it not.

Scout Snipers perhaps ??

From what I have seen and heard the USMC scout/snipers have been using it as an unofficial logo for quite some time. Yeah, it's not PC but who cares?

Sometimes, well most of the time, no all the time. The media needs to stay out of things there dumb ass has no knowledge of. The media causes more problems than it can report on.

That's exactly what it means.....Scout Sniper. Marines have been doing since Vietnam. I have a small.set on my shoulder and a large.set on my chest. I am NOT a Nazi fan. I've got pics of.my platoon with Hispanics, whites, and blacks all with the bolts tattooed or branded on them. We get them after obtaining the Scout Sniper MOS of 8541.

If you don't like it then I suggest you get over it. It's the way it is, but all the people.that don't get it will pitch such a fit that these guys will burn. That's ashame....hey guys thanks for serving our country and risking your lives, BUT I don't like your tattoo sooooooo.......I'm just going to have to crucify you. It's BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes, well most of the time, no all the time. The media needs to stay out of things there dumb ass has no knowledge of. The media causes more problems than it can report on. </div></div>

Their "dumb asses" are pretty hip to the idea that the SS runes were used by the Nazi Schutzstaffel who were responsible for the deaths of millions in Konzentrationslager in the 30s and the 40s. Nobody should be using it for anything other than historical representation of the evil that was Nazi Germany, period. Romanticizing the symbols of fascism is nigh on tolerating it.

I have no problem with SS as in Scout Sniper, but that zig zag type ss is the simble for the Schutzstaffel, who were responsable for the slaughter of millions of Jews.

There is a hell of a difference. Marines, nor anyone else has any reason to use that simbol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes, well most of the time, no all the time. The media needs to stay out of things there dumb ass has no knowledge of. The media causes more problems than it can report on. </div></div>

Their "dumb asses" are pretty hip to the idea that the SS runes were used by the Nazi Schutzstaffel who were responsible for the deaths of millions in Konzentrationslager in the 30s and the 40s. Nobody should be using it for anything other than historical representation of the evil that was Nazi Germany, period. Romanticizing the symbols of fascism is nigh on tolerating it. </div></div>

Okay there smart guy, where did the Nazis get the symbol of the Swastica and the SS runes from and what did they mean?

I'll await your reply with eagerness! LOL

This is why the media has to stay away from the military. We have customs that most people out size of the military have no concern.

I will post a photo of their T-shirt tomorrow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes, well most of the time, no all the time. The media needs to stay out of things there dumb ass has no knowledge of. The media causes more problems than it can report on. </div></div>

Their "dumb asses" are pretty hip to the idea that the SS runes were used by the Nazi Schutzstaffel who were responsible for the deaths of millions in Konzentrationslager in the 30s and the 40s. Nobody should be using it for anything other than historical representation of the evil that was Nazi Germany, period. Romanticizing the symbols of fascism is nigh on tolerating it. </div></div>

Okay there smart guy, where did the Nazis get the symbol of the Swasticas and the SS runes from and what dis they mean?

I'll await your reply with eagerness! LOL </div></div>

It's swasti<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">k</span></span>a, and it was a part of the symbology of the Nazis, taken from India, where it was representative of several religions forming what might be called the faiths of Vedic Dharma. It also happens to have been a common symbol of Native Americans in and around New Mexico, until negative associations suppressed its use. But one, the swastika isn't what we're talking about here, and two, if an average bunch of sub-30s ground pounders had posed in 782s with weapons next to a red, black and white NSDAP swastika flag I'm pretty sure that the association in their minds wouldn't have been the relative coolness of Navajos and their culture.

The question here is their use of the SS runes. Here's their history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_(rune) Read up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is why the media has to stay away from the military. We have customs that most people out size of the military have no concern. </div></div>

+1

The media has done NOTHING but harm to our military, this war and past wars. This war probably would have been over by now if it hadn't been for having a freaking video camera on every hill top and street corner.

......I do have.to say this though........when my dad showed me this article all I could.do was.laugh and say "oh no, this is gonna be bad." Freakin Marines.....pissing on bad guys corpses and pics of their SS Bolts.....Gotta love em! Hahaha

They know how to kick ass and take names, but nobody ever said their PR was any good. I love it. Hope they make it home safe!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no problem with SS as in Scout Sniper, but that zig zag type ss is the simble for the Schutzstaffel, who were responsable for the slaughter of millions of Jews.

There is a hell of a difference. Marines, nor anyone else has any reason to use that simbol. </div></div>

I stand with you, Kraig.

I don't give a rats ass what the SS standard for with the Germans. And I am half German. When I served in the corps it stands for Scout Sniper. God bless them. I don't care what you thank of it eather.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sometimes, well most of the time, no all the time. The media needs to stay out of things there dumb ass has no knowledge of. The media causes more problems than it can report on. </div></div>

Okay there smart guy, where did the Nazis get the symbol of the Swasticas and the SS runes from and what dis they mean?

I'll await your reply with eagerness! LOL </div></div>

It's swasti<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">k</span></span>a, and it was a part of the symbology of the Nazis, taken from India, where it was representative of several religions forming what might be called the faiths of Vedic Dharma. It also happens to have been a common symbol of Native Americans in and around New Mexico, until negative associations suppressed its use. But one, the swastika isn't what we're talking about here, and two, if an average bunch of sub-30s ground pounders had posed in 782s with weapons next to a red, black and white NSDAP swastika flag I'm pretty sure that the association in their minds wouldn't have been the relative coolness of Navajos and their culture.

The question here is their use of the SS runes. Here's their history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_(rune) Read up. </div></div>

Pardon my spelling, I have fat fingers and they don't work well operating an Iphone.

Point being with the swastika, its all about interpretation. Lots of groups of people used it and it meant different things to each.

SS. Runes meant something to the Nazis and it means something different to the Marine.Scout Snipers. If you can't understand that and still judge.these warriors because of it then you can stick your brain housing group right back into that moist, dark, stinky crevice you been storing it in and go ahead and stand-by until further notice.

Thanks for your input though. Carry on with the plan of the day!

... <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Big Block Nazi's</span></span>

images-1.jpg

Because some of you claim SS has to be Nazi related I am investigating a pending lawsuit against GM for all the racist cars they produced in the 60's and 70's. Them bastards knew it was a Nazi symbol and yet profited from those damn Camaro's, Chevelle's, Impala's, Malibu's, El Caminos and Nova's.

Can't believe how worked up a few get about some stupid shit such as claiming SS HAS TO be Nazi related!!!! Fuck people, get real!!

Edit to add that softcock made my point while I was composing!
smile.gif

Chevy is run by the Nazi back in the 70's. What a bad co.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no problem with SS as in Scout Sniper, but that zig zag type ss is the simble for the Schutzstaffel, who were responsable for the slaughter of millions of Jews.

There is a hell of a difference. Marines, nor anyone else has any reason to use that simbol. </div></div>

I stand with you, Kraig. </div></div>

Come on guys, we're not talking about the Chevy squiggly SS, we' re talking about the ziggy zaggy type!

BEWARE OF THE ZIGGY ZAGGY SS!!!!!!

Laughing My A.......SS........Off

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pardon my spelling, I have fat fingers and they don't work well operating an Iphone.

Point being with the swastika, its all about interpretation. Lots of groups of people used it and it meant different things to each.

SS. Runes meant something to the Nazis and it means something different to the Marine.Scout Snipers. If you can't understand that and still judge.these warriors because of it then you can stick your brain housing group right back into that moist, dark, stinky crevice you been storing it in and go ahead and stand-by until further notice.

Thanks for your input though. Carry on with the plan of the day! </div></div>

While I thank you for your service and your CAR, I can do without your respectful tone. What I understand is that they're glorifying a symbol that has no other association other than the aforementioned one for most people, and I'm pretty sure that their use of it was for the shock and awe factor that most young men strive to achieve as they go about their daily lives, displaying fearlessness and a hopeful faith in the indestructibility of their buddies and themselves. But being a warrior doesn't mean needing to be entirely insensitive, or even briefly thinking that anything related to an organized bunch of fascist criminals is cool and should be emblematically displayed. If they pay hell for that photograph, or someone up the chain does, so be it.

I agree with 0481. The media has no business being in with our military. There is nothing great about war or taken another persons life in war, it's terrible but it sometimes has to happen. It is a disgrace at what our media puts out about all the branches of the great USA. Most have never been in the military or have a clue at being shot at or in the position that are military is put in and the restraints our government puts us in before we can do anything about (rules of engagement). Let the military commanders deal with issues that are wrong or out of hand not the clowns sitting over here who fear being over their.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"> What I understand </span> is that they're glorifying a symbol that has no other association other than the aforementioned one for most people, </div></div>

Lets see...If you weren't there when they took the pic nor have ever seen military service then "What I understand" don't really mean shit concerning this topic, does it??? Kinda like me, I don't know the gents so how can I 'assume' what their intent was?????

Your opinion of their meant intention is worth the same as mine, worth nothing and irrelevant!! Unless of course you have super powers concerning mind reading. Catagorizing someone you have never met nor conversed with as being racist makes you well.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71DEVILDOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let the military commanders deal with issues that are wrong or out of hand <span style="font-weight: bold">not the clowns sitting over here who fear being over their.</span> </div></div>

I'll just make sure to let everyone whose Constitution you support and defend know that you think that they're gutless wonders.

Stay classy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pardon my spelling, I have fat fingers and they don't work well operating an Iphone.

While I thank you for your service and your CAR, I can do without your respectful tone. What I understand is that they're glorifying a symbol that has no other association other than the aforementioned one for most people, and I'm pretty sure that their use of it was for the shock and awe factor that most young men strive to achieve as they go about their daily lives, displaying fearlessness and a hopeful faith in the indestructibility of their buddies and themselves. But being a warrior doesn't mean needing to be entirely insensitive, or even briefly thinking that anything related to an organized bunch of fascist criminals is cool and should be emblematically displayed. If they pay hell for that photograph, or someone up the chain does, so be it. </div></div>

Your right about my disrespectful tone, it is not needed, nor is YOU calling MY Brothers in Arms. A bunch of "dumbasses" because of a symbol and a mindset that you will never understand.

You ever hear about how when you mess with 1 gang member, you mess with all of them? Well Marines are FAR worse. Keep that in mind before you attack any more of them in person or while sitting behind your computer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"> What I understand </span> is that they're glorifying a symbol that has no other association other than the aforementioned one for most people, </div></div>

Lets see...If you weren't there when they took the pic nor have ever seen military service then "What I understand" don't really mean shit concerning this topic, does it???

Your opinion of their meant intention is worth the same as mine, worth nothing and irrelevant!! Unless of course you have super powers concerning mind reading. Catagorizing someone you have never met nor conversed with as being racist makes you well..... </div></div>

If one of my children were to wear SS runes I'd burn them off. It's in the most extreme of poor taste and worse judgement, and I'm not the only one who thinks so or who has said so in this or in any one of the other threads that have popped up.

There is a big difference between having SS on a flag and the double SS lightning bolts. Still who cares I would rather people didnt try to cover up who they really are, if a group of scout snipers are waffen-ss want to be's so be it.

Next up in todays news. US snipers charges with murder while providing cover for a small 4 man unit moving in to capture a HVT. Sources say. However no one actually saw anything happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pardon my spelling, I have fat fingers and they don't work well operating an Iphone.

While I thank you for your service and your CAR, I can do without your respectful tone. What I understand is that they're glorifying a symbol that has no other association other than the aforementioned one for most people, and I'm pretty sure that their use of it was for the shock and awe factor that most young men strive to achieve as they go about their daily lives, displaying fearlessness and a hopeful faith in the indestructibility of their buddies and themselves. But being a warrior doesn't mean needing to be entirely insensitive, or even briefly thinking that anything related to an organized bunch of fascist criminals is cool and should be emblematically displayed. If they pay hell for that photograph, or someone up the chain does, so be it. </div></div>

Your right about my disrespectful tone, it is not needed, nor is YOU calling MY Brothers in Arms. A bunch of "dumbasses" because of a symbol and a mindset that you will never understand.

You ever hear about how when you mess with 1 gang member, you mess with all of them? Well Marines are FAR worse. Keep that in mind before you attack any more of them in person or while sitting behind your computer. </div></div>

So far, you're the only one to have used an expression like "dumbass." Less than ten people were in that picture out of the more than quarter-million who are active and reserve USMC, so please don't try to say that I was characterizing all Marines. I understand about Marines. I grew up on Tarawa Terrace at LeJeune. And I understand about group psychology perfectly well, even though you express what almost sounds like a veiled threat. Your gang is a quarter-million? Mine is 26 million-strong and world-wide.

Maybe your kids will be smart enough to know the difference.

Verr G, I was not implying everyone, just the ones that use our armed forces as pawns. If I offend you I'm sorry.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-marines-posed-nazi-symbol-afghanistan-185101573.html

I just saw it too.

Fucking morons, not the Marines the writers.
I've known about Marine Scout/Snipers using the lighting bolt SS since I was five, when a very Jewish family friend showed me his on his right shoulder blade.
It's not a mistake, they simply don't have the same meaning behind it as the critics assume they do.
Why don't they go after all those Nazi bastards in Asia wearing Swastikas on necklaces and going to Nazi meetings in their Nazi churches.
swastika-wheel-taiwan-cc-hakym-200.jpg

Insensitive pricks, millions no BILLIONS of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://news.yahoo.com/us-marines-posed-nazi-symbol-afghanistan-185101573.html

I just saw it too.

Fucking morons, not the Marines the writers.
I've known about Marine Scout/Snipers using the lighting bolt SS since I was five, when a very Jewish family friend showed me his on his right shoulder blade.
It's not a mistake, they simply don't have the same meaning behind it as the critics assume they do.
Why don't they go after all those Nazi bastards in Asia wearing Swastikas on necklaces and going to Nazi meetings in their Nazi churches.
swastika-wheel-taiwan-cc-hakym-200.jpg

Insensitive pricks, millions no BILLIONS of them. </div></div>

That'd be funny if that weren't a photo of a Jain temple in India. And FYI, Jews with tattoos don't readily get buried in their cemeteries.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the link:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/0...-in-afghanistan

I agree soldiers do wierd things in combat, but "SS", I'd have somebody's ass. </div></div>
=========================================================================================

Kraig, I beg to differ w/your assessment! The sympol zz or what ever u want to call it has goes back to the Latin, Greek: "The Greek form of Z was a close copy of the Phoenician symbol I" The possible interpretation is the meaning of SEVEN inferring towards the interpetation of WEAPON!

"""Semitic symbol was <span style="color: #3366FF"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">zayin</span></span></span></span> which was the seventh letter and possibly meant "weapon". """
---------

I BELIEVE THE PICTURE SHOWS AMERICAN WEAPONS OF WAR...THE MARINE'S. FUX THOSE WHO BELIEVE OTHER WISE ABOUT THESE WARRIOR'S.

Please there are ton of Nazi related things USMC Scout Sniper's Do.. and have been doing since day one.

The Kopfjager, where do you think that came from... the Runes, (lighting bolts) try painted on the team room walls... all over the place.

The Marines "Meat Tags", the identifying tattoos worn under the arm, from the Nazi's too.

Since the day the program started the Marines have been blazing Nazi symbolism all over the place.

The media are dumber than a sack of hammers and pander to an even dumber clientele. Just tell them it means:

<span style="font-size: 17pt">S</span>uper-<span style="font-size: 17pt">S</span>ize

and then it'll all go away. That is standard vocabulary nowadays, isn't it?

I saw this story on my iphone and knew this was going to be on the hide.

The media really needs to stay out of things. Its getting crazy what is being said about our armed forces. Anyone that has been around the military, a marine, or a Scout Sniper knows what SS stands for in the picture.

Also a story was just put out that no discipline will be done to the marines since "there was no malicious intent". Thats quoted from Maj. Gabrielle Chapin of Camp Pendleton.

Scout Snipers aren't going to give up this symbol anytime soon so this story isn't really needed to get a hype going, as if they are going to get rid of a symbol that has been around for so long. The SS is ment in the context of the picture for scout sniper, and anyone knows this thats been around a scout sniper. I've seen it on my friends who are scout snipers and didn't think once of it being Nazi related.

Thanks for serving Seth8541 and keep wearing your scout sniper symbols proudly!

Seth8541, anytime you and your team make it to san Jose ca. Look me up drinks will be on me.
SEMPER FI.

Yes it happens again. Someone see the SS. Of course as many have posted here it is a symbol that Marine scout snipers have used for many years. I remember when a former marine was running the NG sniper school and he had made up some coins that he sold and on the back of the coin was the SS. Someone showed off the coin and of course who ever saw it took offenses to it. Needless to say that the former marine had to go before the Commander and explain why he was selling those coins. He also was told that he was to collect all the coins he sold. I guess He forget to ask me about mine.

Good lord, the Nazi's did not own the english language or alphabet. There are only so many designs out there for a letter.

If the Marines say it means Scout Sniper, that is what it means. End of story.

Now for the PC Parade, go wash your mouths out with a revolver.

I'm not a marine, no skin off my nose

I doubt the marnies in that picture know what the Schutzstaffel was and I'm sure they don't mean the simble to reposent the Schutzstaffel.

I have no doubt that they used it as a simble of the Scout Sniper.

BUT

Is a preception thing.

The United States Marine Corp per se is a simble of bring peace to the oppressed.

Few people out side the Military know that Scout Sniper's exist. Marine snipers yes, but to call them "scout snipers", no I don't think so.

Few yet know the zig zag is a Greek simble.

But the whole world knows that the zig zag SS reposented the Schutzstaffel and were responsible for the slaughter of millions of Jews.

Its a preception thing.

Snipers like history. The Germans were among the pioneers in sniper programs.

SS to any Marine stands for "SCOUT SNIPER". The liberal media asshats need to back off.

The Germans had a good sniper program and American snipers need motivation from somewhere. The SS was ruthless and evil, but they were dangerous.

I don't see the problem. The poster who said marines are for peace is all off. Marines are for killing people and breaking things. It's what they do.

Try to nancy them up and you're hurting DOD readiness.

I guess swfa needs to change their super sniper line of scopes before the media gets wind that they abbreviate it SS. In other news, this news story is plain stupid. The media always finds a way to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Not only that, using Super Sniper with the SS, they use the German Bird...
smile.gif

150px-Scharfschabz.jpg

WWII German Sniper Badge look familiar

Hell, half of my rifles have a German WWII Unit designation on them of some kind, the "Werewolf" is after the 2nd SS Panzer guys dropped off to snipe at the allies during the retreat. The first SHR was the Kopfjager, the list goes on and on... Welcome reality.

Love the KISS and Chevy examples... That pretty much sums it up....

They're not acting like Nazi's, they act like U.S. Marines... I'm so sick of everyone so fucking uptight and politically correct, trying to drum up racism where it doesn't exist.

That's the world we live in I guess, create a racist/fascist (or whatever fucking peace drum you're beating), or create a story where one doesn't exist. Lord knows the publics dumb enough to believe whatever you tell them.

It seams that a lot of you are confusing the atrocities caused by the SS Totenkopfverbande with the Waffen SS.

Totenkopf Verband

skull01.jpg

This was the unit under Himmler and Eike that ran the concentration camps and was entirely separate from the rest of the SS. The "deaths head" units were responsible for the mass slaughter and torture of countless victims.

Marines in general pretty much see in green. Granted there are exceptions to the rule but most Marines could care less about race.

The SS is prevalent in the Marine sniper community and it is not to pay homage to the Nazi party.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62DAV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess swfa needs to change their super sniper line of scopes before the media gets wind that they abbreviate it SS. In other news, this news story is plain stupid. The media always finds a way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. </div></div>

Well Said. I have Marine sniper friends and they are good people with SS tattoos (or brands) that are a symbol of a time in their life that they did crazy dangerous things for America.

The media should be paying homage, but they are burning an efigy- too typical.

ScoutSniper.jpg

This has got to be 25 years old from the 2nd Mar Div from my time I think Chandler also used it. Really this gets people worked up? The media seems to have a hard on for the Corps as of late must ask why?