• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm (34mm) M5A2, Matte, FFP

Boomholzer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2002
Midwest
I hate to start another optics comparison thread but here it goes. Perhaps its not a comparison but input on a specific model.
Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm (34mm) M5A2, Matte, FFP
I haven’t bought a Leupold branded optic in 8 years and the one I have tons of experience with is a 2nd-hand Premier FFP conversion which has been solid. Normally I would look elsewhere but I have the opportunity to purchase one at a 33% discount. The Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm (34mm) M5A2, Matte, Front Focal in H-27 caught my eye for a 260 semi-auto application.

There isn’t much ‘common user’ reviews on these optics. I’ve read what I could find and like most internet reviews, they are generally positive. Or in the grand scheme of Leupold; generally negative.

I think I have a decent idea on what to expect from the optical quality, unless this somehow differs from other Mk4’s. I am totally unfamiliar with the M5A2 system but read the Leupold manuals. The invitation is also in the reticle options vs. another Razor (which I am happy with) at the same price point. If something is purely executed or I can expect a canted or incorrectly subtended reticle, or perhaps the tracking is off (common read with Leupold) I rather pass. If this optic has the eye relief I noticed with other Leupolds, that is a plus.

Any user or field experience is appreciated. Thanks,
-B

Re: Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm (34mm) M5A2, Matte, FFP

I don't have much use with other high magnification scopes, but I have 2 of the mentioned scopes and I really like them. They both have tracked perfectly. I would recommend them to anyone

Re: Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm (34mm) M5A2, Matte, FFP

I agree with T-Payne, that's the only Leupold that I own (TMR) and it compares nicely to my NF F1 (MLR2). I'm a NF whore put won't be taking that leupold off my AE anytime soon.