• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes mark 4 ERT 6.5:20 M5 YEA / NAY

jcsparky

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Anchorage Alaska
I've heard good and bad.. bout these...
But 22oz shure looks good for a hunting rig vs 32 oz...
Tracking?
NO Illunination?

Ran one for awhile, good scope if you can pick one up for less than $1500, at retail there are much better options. The M5A turret is HUGE and it takes alot of getting used to pushing the button on top to dial. The Mark 6 3-18 with the C2 turret is probably a better option for hunting, much more compact with a nice low profile zero lock turret. You can find them used for $1500-1600.

Does the eye relief still shift an inch-and-a-half going from high magnification to low magnification? Pass if it does.

I have two,excellent rifle scope M5.
Mk4 series ERT was the ancestor for such series as Mk6 and Mk8 (if not mistaken).
NO Illunination? - YES only ERT.

I've heard good and bad.. bout these...
But 22oz shure looks good for a hunting rig vs 32 oz...
Tracking?
NO Illunination?

I really like the Leupold ERT 6.5-20. The TMR reticle has good thickness over the full mag range. The turrets have good feel, spacing and clicks. The glass is good and clear. And it tracks repeatedly. Used ones show up in the post exchange frequently in the 1k range. It’s tempting not to pic up another one.