• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 4 Leupold... value?

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
A friend has a Mar4 in great shape. Moa turrets, TMR reticle. What's it worth?

When I bought my Mk4 4 x 14 x 50 (M1)TMRs 10-12 years ogo I paid +- 1K,

They would definitely not be on my want list anymore because a I have a couple and because there are much better scopes available now in that price range. The TMR is a Mil based recital with MOA adjustments, what the hell were we thinking!

The TMR is a Mil based recital with MOA adjustments, what the hell were we thinking!
What they were thinking about was money. Much easier to whittle out a new ret, than retool for an erector assy. Besides at that time Tacticool was hitting it's stride an the like at me types were buying stuff to be "just like". On the flip side the crossover/s helped train some, by accident.

Honest opinion? $500-$800.
I wouldn’t touch a 2.5-8 or 3.5-10 for more than $600 because it costs me a additional $250ish to have M5 turrets installed.

That’s the exact problem with people trying to get top dollar out of a MK4. You’re beat by better optics at better prices with better reticles and matching reticle to adjustments.

Take what you can get and put that money into a updated optic or hope for a clone guy to come along.

Hey guys this is Tim Abner. I am the buddy. It is a ffp 8.5x25 LRT. I am new and it has MOA adjustments with Mil reticle. Leupold said they would change out to .1 mil turrets for 225 .

I have 03 Mark 4 scopes. 02 MOA, TMR, SFP and one mil, FFP, H58. The H58 was updated. All three were purchased about 20 ish years ago. Added zero stops to all of them. It was a top tier scope back then. No way in hell I would give over $750 for any Mark 4 now. And that’s only if it can with my preferred H58, mil, FFP, and aftermarket zero stop. Nothing wrong with the scope. It’s just out dated and over priced for the precision rifle community. Very picky eye relief, limited elevation adjustment, non locking or caped windage. 100 mph tape fixes that for me.

For the 1k plus they are asking on the used marked much better are available new. Again, love the scope, but better options are available cheaper. Hope this helps.

Hey guys this is Tim Abner. I am the buddy. It is a ffp 8.5x25 LRT. I am new and it has MOA adjustments with Mil reticle. Leupold said they would change out to .1 mil turrets for 225 .
You better pay the $225 to get milliradian turrets on it, otherwise its value is zero to most people who aren't clueless.

Reactions: Stickshift
I also bought 5 different Mark IV Tactical scopes back in the day. TMR reticle, MOA dials........ugh! I thought they were awesome scopes back then because everything else I had was 3-9 x 40 duplex Vari X II.
I guess I’ll either have them converted to Mil dials or I’ll give them away! Lol
I thought the glass was excellent back then .....now I thinks it’s average at best.

Sold the same exact scope few months ago for $950 on Arf. You’re prob not gonna get that $ here. On Arf or local forum prople may.

Honest opinion? $500-$800.
I wouldn’t touch a 2.5-8 or 3.5-10 for more than $600 because it costs me a additional $250ish to have M5 turrets installed.

That’s the exact problem with people trying to get top dollar out of a MK4. You’re beat by better optics at better prices with better reticles and matching reticle to adjustments.

Take what you can get and put that money into a updated optic or hope for a clone guy to come along.

This right here. It’s just a dated design now. They’re a good option for someone looking within a budget though. Someone on AR15.com is trying to sell a used 3.5X10 with M3 turrets for 1k... I won’t say it’ll never happen but damn, it’s pretty freaking unlikely. I’d give at most, $600 shipped for something like that.