• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50mm M1

CohenJ87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2012
Minnesota
Anybody out there have one of these on your rifles? I am looking at one of these and wanna know what you like/dislike about them? I can get one new for under $1100 so please keep the get an NXS and so on to yourself please.

Re: Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50mm M1

I have a Leupold Mark 4 ERT M5 that i absolutely love. Im going to pick up another Leupold tomorrow. Track great. Glass is awesome. Very reliable.

I took a few shots through my buddies Mark 4 LR/T M1 with the TMR and I was amazed by the clarity of the glass. What do you like about the M5 turrets?

I had two of it and know just keep one..
in my opinion it's a good scope for the price ,the glass is clear ,light enough to be use on an hunting rifle,love the TMR reticle and never had any problem with these scope,they track well and are quite rugged.

But they have a few things i dislike that's why i sold one and maybe will sold the other:-no matching reticle and turrets
-no zero stop
-are 2nd focal plane
If you use it on a bench rifle ,you don't need these options but for tactical or long range hunting/varmints these options are very useful.

I have one on my 300 WM right now. They track very well, glass is clear, they're durable, and Leupold customer service is great.

The knobs suck. I've had lots of different glass, and really, I'd get the HDMR before I'd get a Mark 4 w/ M1s.

+1 for the HDMR G2,i sold a mark 4 to buy one and never looked back!

I had the exact scope for awhile. It was nice but for the money I think there are plenty of better options. I wasn't really that impressed with the glass for a 1000+ optic. He'll I'd even go as far to say that my buddies 6-24 viper pst had around the same quality glass, oh and did I mention it came new from the factory with a canted reticle. Not a huge deal as they fixed it for me but really should you even have to send a scope of this price back with the regularity that I hear it needs to be done? Also I did notice a slight amount of blurring when I cranked it to 20x which sucks because the reticle is calibrated at 20x. I bought an ior 4-16x50 FFP and was surprised how much better the glass was!

I have had my eye on a viper for awhile and might go that route because I can get FFP and a illuminated reticle for around the same price.

I have one on my 338 Lapua in TMR. I love it. The only things I do not like about it is with the M1 knobs it doesn't match the reticle. And when you change the power from 6.5 to 20x it changes the eye relief quite a bit. So you have to move closer to the eye piece for the same sight picture. Other that that the scope is very durable, tracks well and has a bullet proof warranty.

Been useing one for about 13 yrs, never a problem. Tracks perfectly, clear and very rugged....wish I had another.

okie

Good quality scope for the money. TMR reticle is great, but would prefer matching knobs with reticle. Switching my scopes over to mil/ mil and try to use the same type of reticle in all my scopes.