• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark 4/ Scopes suggestions for mid-long range ar-10 scope

BigBlastin300win

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2013
Boise, ID
Just trying to figured out if a mark 4 is a good option to go on an ar-10. I really like the clarity of leupold plust the weight savings. I like night force but it just isn't in the budget right now. Im thinking like a 3-4 power mark 4 mark 5 or vx5hd. If anyone has any input or know where to find a mark 4 i am all ears. I am open to scope suggestions as well. I highly doubt i'll ever push anything over 800 yards. Just want to shoot targets, varmints, steel, maybe a deer or antelope lol. First ar-10 and really enjoying my buddies don't know why i waited so long to get on. 18" barrel in the western part of the states so there is some open country down lower. Id like a budget scope but every time I say that I end up spending $1500 or more. Just don't know If i can justify an expensive scope on a gas gun.

Look at the Burris XTRIII deals from CameralandNY. @gr8fuldoug is the go to for that

Leupold in general has issues. The Mark 4 is outdated unreliable garbage

NF would be my first choice. NXS or the Burris options for reliability

Reactions: BigBlastin300win
Look at the Burris XTRIII deals from CameralandNY. @gr8fuldoug is the go to for that

Thank you The XTR was on my mind but after research people said they weren't that clear or had tracking issues. And trust me the shv nxs is what i really want. I have a nxs right now but it is big and on a 338 right now. I realize all the research I do I have to take with a grain of salt. I will dig into the XTR3. Thank you for the insight really appreciate it.

Is a NF 4-14x55 shv over kill or to big to throw on an ar10? Found one used locally thought it might be a good option

Is a NF 4-14x55 shv over kill or to big to throw on an ar10? Found one used locally thought it might be a good option
I wouldn’t call it overkill for out to 800 yards as you mentioned above. The large objective may be a bit on that rifle for handling compared to something like a 4-16 X 42 ATACR. I haven’t used the SHV so I’ll let others chime in more in that

Personally I’d look at the XTRIII before the SHV. The NF I’ve ran are the NXS, ATACR and competition models. Atacr are built like tanks but $$$

I've got a 3.5-10 MK4 LR/T that has been badass for years. I've run it on a bolt 308 hunting rifle, ar-15, and for the last couple years it's seen probably 1k rounds while on an m1a. I haven't shot it past about 700 yards but it tracks great at least to that distance. The glass is excellent. Very lightweight. Very good warranty from Leupold. Basic mil-dot reticle, moa turrets, and 2nd focal plane. It's not something you'd be competitive with on the clock in a PRS setting but as a steel banger/hunting/tactical scope, there's not a single thing wrong with them. The 4.5-14 was available brand new for like $699 at midway I believe. Vortex Strike Eagle is also a good option if you want more modern features.

I've got a 3.5-10 MK4 LR/T that has been badass for years. I've run it on a bolt 308 hunting rifle, ar-15, and for the last couple years it's seen probably 1k rounds while on an m1a. I haven't shot it past about 700 yards but it tracks great at least to that distance. The glass is excellent. Very lightweight. Very good warranty from Leupold. Basic mil-dot reticle, moa turrets, and 2nd focal plane. It's not something you'd be competitive with on the clock in a PRS setting but as a steel banger/hunting/tactical scope, there's not a single thing wrong with them. The 4.5-14 was available brand new for like $699 at midway I believe. Vortex Strike Eagle is also a good option if you want more modern features.
Dang that sounds awesome wish they were till in production. Just went to cabelas today and checked out the V4, mark3, and the sig whishey....very underwhelming. The V4 had the best glass and it was nothing to be proud of. Guess I will have to see if I can find a used LR/T. Thanks for the info!!

New Mark 4 LRT for $699 at Midway.
Helluva deal if you ask me.
Yeah i drank the koolaid. You guys are to blame....lol cant wait to see the clarity hopefully it is what I am looking for. I think for a gas gun it should be perfect!!

No way would i pay 699 for an MK4 with what is out there for 699. The PSTII's are cheaper than that on Midway right now.

Reactions: hafejd30