• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark 4 value opinions please

Eblade2004

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
Southern Maine
Any opinions of a fair price for this old Mark 4?

Attachments

• IMG_3062.jpeg
    IMG_3062.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3061.jpeg
    IMG_3061.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3060.jpeg
    IMG_3060.jpeg
    747.9 KB · Views: 158
Imagine buying a custom scope and ordering a BDC turret. Tony sucked at scopes.

He was prolly cloning... That was a std issue for gwot. I had one issued brand new still have the box and the other 2 turrets that came with... One of biggest pos scopes ever acquired by uncle sam... Couldn't throw that in the trash can fast enough

He was prolly cloning... That was a std issue for gwot. I had one issued brand new still have the box and the other 2 turrets that came with... One of biggest pos scopes ever acquired by uncle sam... Couldn't throw that in the trash can fast enough
I hear penicillin works well for most of that...

Old and very well used Leupold Mark 4 M3 2nd FP 3-10X, Mil-dot on a 50BMG, 1,300 rds, after spending many yrs on 308, that was rebarreled many times ... no issues ever...like an Everyready battery, still going.
Maybe, I got the only good one, but the other newer one 14X is still working too.

Attachments

• 20210326_140331.jpg
    20210326_140331.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 45
Old and very well used Leupold Mark 4 M3 2nd FP 3-10X, Mil-dot on a 50BMG, 1,300 rds, after spending many yrs on 308, that was rebarreled many times ... no issues ever...like an Everyready battery, still going.
Maybe, I got the only good one, but the other newer one 14X is still working too.
I have a few thousand rounds through this one on a scar17 and a 223 varmint rifle, it’s been rock solid.

Reactions: 45-90
Ya, and having a mil reticle and a moa turret. Classic Leupold though. Was a different day then and I’m glad it’s over.

I think I gave away my Mildot Master 10 years ago. I had a couple of Mk4 M1, I regret selling them. I kept the last one and had Leupold convert it in 2013. The BDC turret was dogshit from day one.

1000004095.jpg

It’s not even illuminated. He fucked that whole scope up. I’ve got one(the left scope) with plenty of rounds on it and still going strong. you
8570DAC1-EA4D-44E0-A41A-926DFD341DB5.jpeg

These are kinda hard to price because the market is small. As an actual scope? Worth like $3-400 at best. Its old, has poor features, not great glass and is not a very robust scope by modern day standards.

Now to the right cloner it could be worth $800-2000. You might want to hold on it for a couple more years and as we get more away in time from shitty platforms like the M24 , that information will fade away and people will start wanting older clones of classic guns. Maybe a M110 cloner would be interested as well, or even some of the MK14 EBR builds.

Its a really niche market where timing will be everything. Hold it and it will only increase in value over time.

I think I gave away my Mildot Master 10 years ago. I had a couple of Mk4 M1, I regret selling them. I kept the last one and had Leupold convert it in 2013. The BDC turret was dogshit from day one.

View attachment 8340756

So Leupold can convert a Mark 4 moa M1 to a mil turret?? I have a Mark 4 illuminated 4.5-14x50 with a TMR reticle that would serve me better if it had mil turrets.

It’s never given me any issues either and it’s been on several different rifles.

Years ago, I bought a new MKIV M3 (I think that's what it was). I sent it back. I would have had to use Vise Grips to turn the elevation turret. I couldn't believe that any scope manufacturer would build/ship something like that.......

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
As for the OPs question. I have seen them sell for 1300 plus to the right crowd.

So Leupold can convert a Mark 4 moa M1 to a mil turret?? I have a Mark 4 illuminated 4.5-14x50 with a TMR reticle that would serve me better if it had mil turrets.

It’s never given me any issues either and it’s been on several different rifles.

No, they stopped doing it. It was only 3.5-10 M1 scopes within a specific serial range. No VariX-III Tactical or fixed 10X. When Leupold introduced the M5 knobs they offered to convert M1's with the same internal designs. It's a really good scope and holds up.

Reactions: KYAggie
If one starts with mil dot reticle and moa turrent...you learn the mis matched system, like everyone who used this old scope....its not hard, if you use it constantly...adapt and overcome.
Today's matched turrent and reticle are a much better situation.
I like 3-10 X 2nd focal plane for "general work"...3X big reticle fast up close where the instant threat is at...10X for long shots, out to 1400 yds, where the turren ran out of moa. Up clicks... and the mil dots are accurate, at 10X magnification. Hathcock killed an enemy at 2500 yds in Vietnam with an 8X scope, just to give you an idea of what can be accomplished, with what is now called low power, remember back when 2X and 4X were popular hunting scopes on 270 Winchester, and 6X was considered high magnification for varmints, or long rang antelope.