• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 4 vs Mark 6

Direct_Fire

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Bham, AL
I am looking at the Leupold Mark 4 ER/T and the Mark 6 scopes, M5 turrets, and TMR reticle. My biggest question is whether or not the Mark 6 is worth the extra $500? I am looking to put this on a custom R700 for everything from hunting to competing(both at the longest distance that I can get hits at).

So what are yall's thought about the difference between the 4 and the 6?

Leupold 4.5-14x50 Mark 4 ER/T
http://swfa.com/Leupold-45-14x50-Mark-4-ERT-30mm-Riflescope-P45007.aspx
•Matte
•Tactical Milling Reticle
•30mm
•Long Range
•Side Focus
•M5 Target Knobs
•First Focal Plane Reticle
•Free Leupold Flip-Open Lens Covers

Leupold 3-18x44 Mark 6
http://swfa.com/Leupold-3-18x44-Mark-6-34mm-Riflescope-P60899.aspx
•Matte Black Finish
•TMR Reticle
•34mm Tube
•Fast Focus Eyepiece
•M5B2 Target Knobs
•First Focal Plane

Dave

Get the less expensive model and spend $500 on ammo. Shooting will make you a better shooter more than a marginally better piece of kit.

I would suggest the mark 6. I do not have any direct experience using the new scope but I have one on order. For me the smaller lighter weight package makes the scope unique in the leupold lineup. Also the locking turret on top w/ a covered windage is perfect for the TMR as I will dial in distance but hold for wind. Also I think the mark 6 has greater mil movement per turn.

mark 6, no question-I own both
I'm also interested in the Leupold Mark 6.
Which reticle do you have?
I was interested in the cmr-w 7.62
Leupold told me the Mark 6 3-18 and cmr-w 7.62 does have the illuminated reticle.
How do you like the M5B2 turrets?
I'm thinking I might prefer the M5C2 turrets.
What kind of turret is on the windage knob of yours?

I've got the MK6 with Horus H58 with the M5B2 turrets, no experience with M5C2-I'm not sure they were even released yet. Overall, great controls, nice glass, nicely compact size and of course Leupold warranty is rock solid.

Sounds great. Thanks guys. I am definitely leaning towards the Mark 6, but I really wish that it was offered with the TMR, M5B2 turrets, and an illuminated reticle.