• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 5 5-25 Observation's

Sako man

profesional dilettante
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2012
    Galactic Sector ZZ9 Alpha Xray Plural.
    Tell me if I'm smoking some crack but I looked through a Mark 5 5-25 and the glass was amazingly clear and bright, I was impressed and thinking it was on a similar level as my SnB 5-25, or is this just crazy talk? I know the thread and concept is completely subjective. I think we are talking about comparing HD glass to Fluorite glass.

Has anyone here compared the MK 5 against some other top tier optics?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Genin
    I didn't compare it side by side with any SnB, but I did compare it next to Nightforce and the Mark 5 seemed to be far more bright and the contrast was better. I decided to go with the Mark 5 because of doing comparisons at the shop first. I was blown away by the glass. As you said, it's subjective, but I am always amazed how people just assume glass clarity without actually looking through the scopes.

Reactions: Sako man
    You had my curiosity, but now you have my full attention.

Anyone side by side it against a gen 2 razor?

@Sako man
    @rockin randy

i have...im currently running a 5-25 on my tactical rifle and the 7-35 on my prone rifle...i switched from minox to the mark 5s.
    side by side with a gen2 razor 4.5-27 and the gen 2 PSTs all you need to do is look through both 1 time there is no back and forth its hands down the mark5.

i switched to the mark5s after looking through a buddies at a match when it was about 95deg at 850yds...looking through my minox ZP5 and his mark5...his on just over 20x mine on 18x...the mark5 was much better cutting the mirage...i thought it was just a fluke so i took his gun home and went out the next day with 2 other guys i know...96degs 550yds and after an hour maybe a bit longer looking through the ZP5 and the mark5 at a rabbit silhouette we all agreed the mark5 was clearer and showed more detail at all powers than the ZP5.

i have not done a side by side with a S&B but ive looked through several S&B and while they are nice ive never been WOW'D by S&B...personally i think the glass in the ZP5 was better than the S&B.

im a scope whore and have owned a lot of glass and what i havent owned ive looked through most of the others with the exception of a TT and i dont see myself going away from the mark5s anytime soon....as a matter of fact im most likely going to sell off my 5-25 and buy another 7-35.

I have Mk5s, I used to have ATACRs. I sold my NF and have gone all Mk5. The Mk5 was just brighter in all conditions, and much better in low light.

Same here, also compared to my PMII 5-25X56. The MK5 was every bit as good or better in every way than either the Bender or ATACR, except the turrets are not as positive on the MK5 (not bad just not as positive) and the reticle selection Leupold offers isn’t my favorite. But the MK5 as a package is a friggin home run, especially considering the price!

Reactions: Sako man and 47guy
    Ok, update. I took a good look through a Mark 5 TMR today. The glass is fantastic, and the parallax adjustment was spot on. At 100Y I was able to see amazing definition in the bark of a manzanita tree. I wonder if the 5-35 is as good at full crank?????

If it tracks as good as it looks then it's a solid offering!

Reactions: Genin
    Ok, update. I took a good look through a Mark 5 TMR today. The glass is fantastic, and the parallax adjustment was spot on. At 100Y I was able to see amazing definition in the bark of a manzanita tree. I wonder if the 5-35 is as good at full crank?????

If it tracks as good as it looks then it's a solid offering!

i have both and am going to sell the 5-25 soon and buy another 7-35...and yes the 7-35 at full power is every bit(if not better)than the 5-25.

I'm, extremely pleased with the Mark 5 7-35 it's everything I want from a scope. No regrets!

i-fpswV3B-XL.jpg