• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark 5 vs Razor Gen 3 for Vudoo

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
I am thinking abt upgrading my scope from a Gen 2 razor on my Vudoo. What are y’all’s thoughts on these 2 for a 22 rifle. I am not shooting any 22 matches but may, its mainly for practice. My PRS rifles have Tangents on them so I am leaning towards the Razor because the reticles are closer to my Tangents. I just don’t know if the Razor is worth the extra 1000 over the Mark 5 and I like the Mark 5, havent had a chance to check out the new Razor yet.

Reactions: CSTactical
I actually started to call you today and ask. That was one of the things I thought abt as well and a selling point to me for a 22.
Don't get fooled by parallax numbers though. The numbers on the dial don't reflect what you can and can't do in a match.

I've never seen a target closer than 25 yards in a rimfire match. And I know of three quality scopes off the top of my head that say 25 on the dial, but will really focus quite well down to about 15.

So a parallax knob that says 50 on it doesn't mean you can't clear up a target well enough to hit a 25 or 35 yard target. I used an XTRII for a year with a 50 yard parallax and shot closer targets.

I'm not trying to rain on CSTactical. I'm sure that G3 is the bomb. I'm just trying to clarify the difference between what looks good on paper and what it looks like when shooting.

Yes, the closer parallax will absolutely give you a cleaner sight picture on a 25 yard target. But a little blurry won't stop you from hitting it.

Don't get fooled by parallax numbers though. The numbers on the dial don't reflect what you can and can't do in a match.

I've never seen a target closer than 25 yards in a rimfire match. And I know of three quality scopes off the top of my head that say 25 on the dial, but will really focus quite well down to about 15.

So a parallax knob that says 50 on it doesn't mean you can't clear up a target well enough to hit a 25 or 35 yard target. I used an XTRII for a year with a 50 yard parallax and shot closer targets.

I'm not trying to rain on CSTactical. I'm sure that G3 is the bomb. I'm just trying to clarify the difference between what looks good on paper and what it looks like when shooting.

Yes, the closer parallax will absolutely give you a cleaner sight picture on a 25 yard target. But a little blurry won't stop you from hitting it.

Yes you can get away with it, by why not pick the correct tool for the job? The popular scopes that our customer's typically choose for their precision .22's are ZCO's, Nightforce 7-35's, this new Vortex Razor Gen III will be a hit, and even the Strike Eagle FFP. There are other choices, but that's what we see right now.

Reactions: Scott_at_Vortex
Another plus for the Mark 5, I think you'll find the Leupold Mark 5 series to be superior quality to the Vortex Razor.
Plus they are made here in the USA. You won't regret getting a Leupold Mark 5HD

• Haha
Reactions: 5RWill
We do not carry everything under the sun, but we try to specialize in what we like and what products we believe in, obviously we like both scopes quite a bit :geek:

271719027_6870582389650882_3361214494215088636_n.jpg

193330311_5668750806500719_3632648501358805637_n.jpg