• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DI Precision

DI Precision
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2017
Brenham TX
diprecision.com
As some of yall already know, the mark 5 Leupold scopes are extremely popular and have been dominating in rifle matches all over the country. The only improvement request I’ve heard is the windage dial is a pain. I decided to make a replacement dial for the scope to help this issue.
The New Competition Wind Dial is also larger and much easier to read.
Wind dials are 85 dollars and available at the link below.
https://diprecision.com/di-precision-competition-wind-dial/
Below is also a before and after picture.
IMG_3323.jpeg
IMG_3603.png

Last edited:
"As some of yall already know, the mark 5 Leupold scopes are extremely popular and have been dominating in rifle matches all over the country." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1700831464168.png

What was Leupold thinking when they decided to put the windage hash where they did. That is my biggest complaint.

Last edited:
Originally i thought i was going to get out the Sharpie, bit since i have come to appreciate the offset since i can stay behind the scope.

Reactions: Simonsza1
"As some of yall already know, the mark 5 Leupold scopes are extremely popular and have been dominating in rifle matches all over the country." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 8280012

What was Leupold thinking when they decided to put the windage hash where they did. That is my biggest complaint.
I think most people blamed the zero line, but after making a dial that’s close to the line it’s pretty easy to read. The separation between zero line and dial for me was the difficult part.

Reactions: supercorndogs
Got any Black Friday deals on this product? Just curious.

Reactions: 357Max
Did Leupold do it poorly? The new Schmidt 6-36 has a similar offset for the zero windage position and you can actually see it better from behind the scope vs. traditional position.
I don't like it. Maybe it's the tiny numbers and lines on the dial and not the poition but it was definitely the thing I didn't like most.4

I never felt its postioning gave me any sort of advantge in locating which hash i was on. I can certaily see the hash in either location from behind the rifle. You are breaking postion to look at it in either location. I am not dialing windage trying to be fast. I also am not fast.

I think most people blamed the zero line, but after making a dial that’s close to the line it’s pretty easy to read. The separation between zero line and dial for me was the difficult part.
Very likely my problem too. It's much easier to see where it's lined up with your turret cover. No way I was dialing windage from behind the scope and seeing where I was with the factory dial. I don't usually dial windage either though.

It's alot easier for me to tell if marks are lined up located at 12, 9, 6, 3 o'clock positions if the aligning marks aren't great.

Reactions: DI Precision
What’s the cost shipped again? Forms of payment accepted?

I put one on my Mark 5. It is awesome! I grabbed one from Wiebad when ordering a bag. Obviously you made it because it cam in your package.
I haven’t had this scope very long and was having second thoughts due to the wind dial. Total game changer for me.

I think it's the angle also that makes it difficult to read. The Delta Stryker has an offset line but executed properly and it works very well.

I think it's the angle also that makes it difficult to read. The Delta Stryker has an offset line but executed properly and it works very well.
I was going to mention that as well. If, like the Schimdt, the indicator hash pointed to the center of the dial it would help a lot. And the OP solved the other problem.