• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MARK 5HD 7x35 with T3 ret ?

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
Alot of people selling these off are they any good was considering one. any feed back?

I'm running a 3.6-18 and 5-25 Mk5 with the T3 reticle. The 3.6-18 sits on a Mk12 and the 5-25 will soon sit on a .223AI bolt gun. I also run a S&B PMII 5-25 with an H59 reticle.

To put it simply, if I could convert the PMII to a T3 reticle I would do it immediately.

The T3 makes wind calls so easy. I took my Mk12 out to 1100 yards a few weeks ago and started at 870, which was the farthest it had shot to date. The range runs across a valley, so who knows how wind is acting out there. I guessed a 1 value wind hold, wasn't enough, took a second shot at a 2 value hold, was too much. Split the difference and was bang on at 870yds.

The scopes are also super lightweight for their class. So if you plan to be humping them, it's a good thing. If you plan to shoot at night, the reticles are even better to save you from dialing in the dark.

Big fan, I will likely flip the Razor GenII 4.5-27 off the SP10 and put a 3.6-18 T3 on it next.

I'm running a 3.6-18 and 5-25 Mk5 with the T3 reticle. The 3.6-18 sits on a Mk12 and the 5-25 will soon sit on a .223AI bolt gun. I also run a S&B PMII 5-25 with an H59 reticle.

To put it simply, if I could convert the PMII to a T3 reticle I would do it immediately.

The T3 makes wind calls so easy. I took my Mk12 out to 1100 yards a few weeks ago and started at 870, which was the farthest it had shot to date. The range runs across a valley, so who knows how wind is acting out there. I guessed a 1 value wind hold, wasn't enough, took a second shot at a 2 value hold, was too much. Split the difference and was bang on at 870yds.

The scopes are also super lightweight for their class. So if you plan to be humping them, it's a good thing. If you plan to shoot at night, the reticles are even better to save you from dialing in the dark.

Big fan, I will likely flip the Razor GenII 4.5-27 off the SP10 and put a 3.6-18 T3 on it next.
You forgot to mention these are all elevation holds because the wind dots are obsolete as soon as you spin the elevation turret.

You forgot to mention these are all elevation holds because the wind dots are obsolete as soon as you spin the elevation turret.
Yes, that is correct. I don’t usually dial. If I do, then it is back to mil holds. However, if I dial for 500 yards and know what the hold would be, I can just look quickly at where the wind value hold would be at 3.2 mils and see what that is in mils, then hold there.

Full disclaimer is that I shoot steel and am not running in PRS matches or hunting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tritiumdials