• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Mark 7 - Fully Automated Apex 10 - 9mm/.38 Super/.38 Super Comp/.45 ACP

powerspc

It Sounded Like a Good Idea at the Time
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 15, 2018
    Mark 7 Apex-10, fully automated, can load 9MM/.38 Super/.38 Super Comp/.45ACP. This package does not include the reloading dies. Purchased new cost would be over $8,000. Have loaded only about 2,500 9MM on it. Will ship only in CONUS, I will cover shipping (Freight) and insurance. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Mark 7 - Apex 10 includes:

• Autodrive for Apex 10 / 110 Volt (with conversion back to manual if you want)
    • Mark 7 Primer Express (automated priming)
    • Mr. Bullet Feeder
    • Caliber Conversion .38 Super Comp
    • Caliber Conversion 9mm/.38 Super
    • Caliber Conversion 45 ACP
    • 11" Case Feeder / Sm. Pistol
    • Case Feeder Conversion Kit/Lg. Pistol
    • Bullet Sense
    • Digital Powder Check Sensor
    • Primer Orientation Sensor
    • Swage Sensor
    • Mr. Bullet Feeder – Caliber Conversion Kit: .45/44 special/mag
    • Mr. Bullet Feeder Conversion Kit Caliber: /9/38S
    • DAA Turbo Case Plate - Pistols
    • DAA Clutch Adapter
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

Last edited:
    Bump.

If you’ve been considering an automated press like this, I’m happy to discuss any of the particulars. I’m not an expert by any means but I started on a Mark 7 Revolution which I sold after a few years to a Commercial loader and then bought the Apex when components became difficult to source. The Apex has been great, but I’m going back to a Revolution again now that components are becoming more readily available. So, I have 4-5 years of end-user experience on Mark 7 loaders.

These presses are not just plug in, fill with components and take a nap. They do require a bit of set-up to get them dialed in correctly but once you get there, they will crank out ammo like crazy (up to 3,500 RPH advertised, 2,000 RPH more realistically). If you’ve owned a progressive press in the past, you’ll crest the learning curve fairly quickly. Not overly complicated but attention to detail and a solid understanding of the reloading process definitely helps. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Price drop. I'll also mention that if you want to load .223REM, for example, that caliber uses the same ram as 9MM (included) and the same shell plate as .38 Super Comp (included). You would just need a few additional parts to have a complete set-up for that caliber. The Autodrive alone for the Apex runs right about $2,500. This is a lightly used press with all the bells and whistles. Feel free to reach out with any questions if you've been considering adding something like this to your arsenal.

I had a pleasant exchange over the weekend with a forum member who was asking about the Apex. They had seen them advertised at one of the commercial websites. What I was telling him is that the cost of the press and Autodrive is your ‘base’ cost. When you move to an automated press having sensors for swage, priming, powder check, bullet check, etc. are not an option but a requirement.

On a manual press you can observe the round after each pull of the handle, with an automated press it is moving too fast for that. If you figure a conservative 2,000/RPH then you’re looking at cranking out a little better than 1 round every 2 seconds. You also need to have an automated priming system as well. The sensors alone run about $1,200 plus another $600 for the priming.

I wasn’t trying to talk myself out of a sale but wanted to provide some useful information and be up front about the investment. To get a fully automated press in the calibers I have in the listing if you bought new would run close to $8,000. Just something to think about. Feel free to reach out with any questions. Also open to reasonable offers or possibly interesting trades. Thanks!

P.s. The website they were looking at showed a ship date of 2-4 months.

Last price drop, probably not the best time of year to be selling!

SOLD.

Last edited:
    I’ll let you know, thanks!