• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark II BTVS length of pull...

fredreded

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2008
NW Kansas
I really love my BTVS but the LOP is about two inches too short. I am thinking about getting a limbsaver recoil pad to extend the LOP and have a couple questions about that. First, does anyone make an extended butt plate for the Savage MKII BTVS? If not, what size of grind down does it take? I have never done the grind down pad and am a little concerned at how easy it is to do without looking like... well... I took a grinder to it.

It also needs a little more cheek pad to get the right cheek weld but am thinking about getting the blackhawk strap on pad to take care of that.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

Re: Mark II BTVS length of pull...

I made my own spacers to increase the LOP on mine, I glued a buck of cork together and cut and sanded to fot. I also put an Eagle stock pack on it.

Just found this and it works perfectly so I thought I'd write back to let others know. The Pachmayr Decelerator® Slip-On Recoil Pads size small for the savage synthetic stocks fits perfectly and adds just the right amount to the LOP. Just FYI.

Cut a few thicknesses of computer mousepad to slip inside a limbsaver small slip-on bad. This will boost the 1" LOP increase by maybe another 1/2 inch or so. Should get you into the ballpark.