• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark II FV Stock Build

Got Diesel

Minuteman
Aug 16, 2010
N. Kansas City, Mo
just wanted to show off my new Mark II FV. I was given this as a gift for Christmas and instantly began working on one of my homemade rifle stocks. These all start out as a sheet of birch plywood.

Here are the links to the previous two stock builds.
First build

2nd and 3rd Build

I love being able to build these myself they fit perfectly and this one should make the perfect trainer as it matches the other three centerfires perfectly.

I need to get to the range and see how it shoots. I also need to get a finish put on this one. Here's some pics.

image_zps2abfe475.jpg

image_zps426817a9.jpg

image_zpsa246b30c.jpg

Re: Mark II FV Stock Build

Looks very good, cannot wait to see the finished product.

BTW, links are not working for me. Could also just be my computer.

Re: Mark II FV Stock Build

Thanks. Should have some paint sprayed later tonight or tomorrow.

Links are fixed, I miss copied the URL when posting from the IPAD

I'd like to try this myself and have a CNC router. I'll send you a PM.

Nice work!

Tim got your Pm and will respond with a lengthy reply when I have some time. A CNC router would make the in letting a breeze.

Thanks fellas the thing shoots great with decent ammo now that I have gotten it dialed in. Will post some group pics next time I get to the range.

The butt pad is actually a flip flop. Crazy right.

Wow I never woulda thought of that? How does it work? I mean I know its a .22, does it hold up to abuse pretty well? Thanks for the great idea! That'd be much cheaper than the grind to fit pads!

Wow I never woulda thought of that? How does it work? I mean I know its a .22, does it hold up to abuse pretty well? Thanks for the great idea! That'd be much cheaper than the grind to fit pads!

Works great. I buy the biggest flip flop I can and cut it out on a bandsaw. It is Jb welded to a piece of 1/2" plywood this is what holds it to the rifle stock. You can also add more pieces of plywood to add length if needed. It holds up great I mean if it will go a summer with some couple hundred pound guy walking around on it then it should hold up.

Recoil on the 22 is obviously non existent. I do however have the same setup on the other three stocks that I have done and those calipers include 223 Rem, 308 Win and 243 Win.

Awesome thank you for the info! I am starting to build a stock on for my CZ on Thursday. I think this will be my butt pad thank you for the help!