• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark II FVSR - pic heavy

z28kid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
Middle TN
Let me start of by saying this is my first .22 that I have actually tried to use for accuracy instead of just spaying rounds when I was younger. I had the chance to shoot slickrick's Mark II TR-SR(Thanks Rick) and I blame him for this purchase. After shooting his I wanted a bolt action .22LR that had the potential to be accurate without breaking the bank and I wanted to be able to mount a suppressor when the time came. So i ordered a FV-SR.
I got mine in on Thursday and have been playing with it ever since. Here it is with the Viper PST 4-16 on it with the girlfriend in the background.
downsized_0510121220.jpg

I bought some Remington Target ammo when i was picking it up from the gun shop and already had some Wolf Match. It really likes the Wolf, I shot two of my best groups today with it.
50 yards
0515121143.jpg

Here are some groups from the other day. all the 50 yard Wolf groups average 0.527"
downsized_0515121434a.jpg

The low comb on the factory stock is horrible! Not to mention the stock flex. I thought about buying a Tacticool(and I still might) but decided I could probably make a stock.

While I was waiting on the rifle to get to my dealer I made this. Its kinda hard to see detail.
0508121453.jpg

Inletting has been the biggest challenge thus far, this is just some left over wood that was laying around so I may end up trashing it and starting from scratch.
downsized_0511121353.jpg

What ever I end up doing, I will make double because the 917V that I have needs a stock also. Both will be bedded and hope to get the groups into the 1" range at 100 yards.
Here are the groups I have shot at 100 yards.
0515121455a.jpg

I think the groups below are a better example of what it is capable of doing but im trying not to be show bias.
downsized_0515121455.jpg

All 5 shot groups posted with action screw torque at 15 in/lbs.

Re: Mark II FVSR - pic heavy

One more thing I will say is the magazines for the Mark II are not very sturdy. I was letting them drop from the rifle to the concrete while shooting prone and that was enough to split the seam on one.

I called Savage and told them and they have already taken care of it, pretty good customer service.

Im not saying the mags are trash, just dont abuse them like I was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z28kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing I will say is the magazines for the Mark II are not very sturdy. I was letting them drop from the rifle to the concrete while shooting prone and that was enough to split the seam on one.

I called Savage and told them and they have already taken care of it, pretty good customer service.

Im not saying the mags are trash, just dont abuse them like I was.</div></div>
I think Savage has spotty consistency with their mags, both in terms of reliability and durability. I've heard that some magazines don't feed the last round, or just don't feed 100%.

This is the setup i have been wanting to do for my new rimfire trainer. I cant seem to find a fvsr in stock anywhere around mid ohio.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Porter24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the setup i have been wanting to do for my new rimfire trainer. I cant seem to find a fvsr in stock anywhere around mid ohio. </div></div>

This but for Ok.

What about the stock bottom metal I hear it needs an upgrade.

Dustin

It needs a trigger guard and bottom metal when switching to a better stock. I got mine from DIP.

Hard to tell really, I have just worked on it a little while here and there. Its still not finished, its ready for pillar bedding now. Probably 6-8 hours in now.