• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark Kelly - Giffords is having a bad day

Wonder if anything will come of this since it's a protected species? Wonder if they reported it?

Last edited:
I think its time we had an open discussion on dog crime. Do we really want these animals of war on our streets and beaches?

Just goes to show you; a dog like that is like a gun. It takes an honest, responsible person to own one, take it in public and not have it kill something innocent.

I'm thinking that PETA should be jumping in on this, I mean after all that was a protected species.....

Why the 18 yr old girl was walking that dog is beyond me. I would never have my mom or girlfriend walking my German Shepard in public. When a dog that strong wants to get away, they will unless someone bigger and stronger makes them behave

"No citations were issued because they did not do anything illegal.
'It was legal for her to have the dog on the beach this time of year, and she did have it leashed. It was so strong that it pulled free of her when it saw the [sea lion],' Kravetz said.
It is only illegal for an owner to encourage a dog to attack marine animals, which was not the case."

This is BS. If MY Dog kills my neighbors Dog, Cat, Kid, Lawn Gnome, etc. I am responsible whether or not I encourage the attack. Pet owners are responsible for their pets actions.

I would think the PETA clan would be screaming bloody murder over this, oh wait they are often times the same people that wish to ban guns.

That guy is a real peice of work. If my dog did that I would kick it in the head so fast it would have let it go. Granted more than likly my bog would not do that. I do try to keep my dog away from stuff that will get it in trouble.

Soooo, if a great white shark ate the seal, would you still have a problem with it...? Predator and prey doesnt stop at the waterline

Maybe we should ban 'assault dogs'.

On the flip side, to bad that seal wasn't Gabby/Mark...

Cute ass on that stupid bitch though:
2m5gt8p.jpg

Last edited:
The psychology of the dog is the the interesting issue of this.

From that it usually shows the psychology of the dog owner.

I would think the PETA clan would be screaming bloody murder over this, oh wait they are often times the same people that wish to ban guns.

Wouldn't PETA be contradicting themselves since two animals where involved?

Definitely owners are responsible for their dogs actions. The Gifford's should be held to the same.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I think it's just pure and simple "Karma" for Mr. Dickface himself and I find it humorus. Thats what you get when you practice Elitism. He tried to gain some Face-time on TV, push a Elitist agenda and it is biting him in the ass. I know it wasn't his dog and it's a purely natural "Predator/Prey" relationship...but this kinda attention for him doesn't help him out.....Fuck him. Him and his wife are bigots.

Fuck them, if any normal person's dog were to shit on the beach the libs would be taking away their future grandkids. I am sick of the double standard and the protections provided ass holes of the leftist persuasion.

I smell an appearance before congress to ban "assault dogs" in the near future.. Oh wait, that is just the smell of dead floating baby seals in the water.. My bad.

on a serious note... really, what happened to the baby seal is not cool... but the double standard BS needs to stop... If this was any regular JOE citizen, PETA and god knows what other government agency would be down the neck of the regular person with some stupid crazy fine (like 10,000 dollars plus whatever).... This news will never see the light of day and no fine will be issued because he was involved,,,, or at a minimum will be spun somehow into a positive thing.

Summary:
Mark Kelly is a hypocrite above the law.
Crying over dead baby seal, very original.
That chick in the Navy sweatshirt is cute. It would have been a better video if she was nekkid.

What the FUCK is wrong with people now days!? If it was a person, fine, I could see a myriad of emotions, but crying over a fucking seal? A candlelight vigil for an elk? Society has lost it's damn mind. THESE ARE ANIMALS PEOPLE!! They fuck each other up, and sometimes EAT THEM! And yes, they often die. Shamu's brothers, you know the 'wild' ones, do more damage to a harem of seals in less time than that video took to upload. Should we ban Orcas? Sharks? Snakes? Scorpions? How about Cows? They rip and shred grass to their own delight, and then, they have the audacity to shit in it's face afterwards...truly sick creatures.

People need to get a life, and stop the overuse of whatever feelings and emotions that are clouding their mind. Put the touchy feely shit back in the box, and open one's eyes to the beauty of the world.

Doyou think captain mark will pass a law against assault dogs to keep people fromusing them for evil? I think maybe a law that you can't have a 30 pound dogbecause that is more than you need to hunt with. Maybe we can have New Yorkdogs that will be limited to 8 pounds and must be registered with backgroundchecks to see if you can legally possess one. Why do you NEED a 30 pound dog?captain mark HYPOCRITE.

not defending anyone. i was dog sitting a 85 lb. plus rotty. we went for a walk. she saw the squirrel before i did. game on. she caught me off balance. even though i outsized her better than 2 to 1, she darn near ran that squirrel down dragging me. size of the handler sometimes doesn't count. ps. watch out for those 30' leashes the reel in and out. the dog surprises you, hits the end, and away you go!! momentum.

No, predator and prey stops with domesticated vs. wild animals. Last time I checked seals weren't on the natural prey list for a domesticated dog.

Really? Domestication is 75% Training, 25% genetics, I don't know you or what you know, so don't take offense, but were this dog trained to obey a command, it would have, 9 times out of 10. This dog was simply not trained, and they are not for everyone, just like guns and children (again, IMO) are too much responsibility for some people. With this new age, equality, hug the animals bullshit, comes a complete lack of respect for the fact that these are ANIMALS and NOT PEOPLE. This lack of respect is compounded when you are dealing with highly protective, untrained animals (Pits, Rottweilers et al.)

As so many of the astute posters have already pointed out-why are some Americans not subject to the laws? What Law Enforecment Agency is failing to do their job? Do they fail to do their job(s) when average Tax Payers are filmed committing a crime? Our constitutional rights go down the toilet everytime laws are only applied to some and not others. A dog trained to do a task (well trained) does not need you to "yell encouragement" to get them to do they task. For all anyone knows, the giffords may have trained this dog to kill all manner of young animals- the only way to know would be to conduct a full criminal investigation-seize their dog in the mean time, raid their house (with swat) see if any evidence of this type of training is there etc. I just wonder what would have happend to an Average Tax Payer if their dog had harmed giffords cat.

No, predator and prey stops with domesticated vs. wild animals. Last time I checked seals weren't on the natural prey list for a domesticated dog.

Dogs, by nature are hunters. It is instinctual for them to hunt small animals and eat them. It has been a breeding trait that has not been 'bred out', unless one counts those ankle nipping fuzz balls ladies and manladies carry around.
That dog would have released simply, and quickly, by applying pressure to the lips on the back teeth from the rear of the head. There is no lock jaw, no iron jaw, but only gameness in the dog. It is the will to hold on no matter what. This is what gives the nickname Iron Jaws to the Rottweiler, and the myth of the locking jaws of the bully breeds(British, American Pit, Am.Staff.).
Those people would have reacted the same way if it was a bunny in the forest, or a squirrel on their property simply because they have forgotten that hunting is a innate behavior many of us have as well as our dogs.

84B, are you serious? 'Dogs like that...' Do you not realize that ANY breed can behave aggressively, even more so that any Rott or Bully breed or GS? I have seen long haired retrievers attack kids for NO reason, nothing but being there and walking up top them. I have also seen wolf hybrids, big rott/pit crosses and Amstaff crosses snuggle up to my own kids and do nothing but sleep. Why, because I train the fuck out of my dogs, treat them like family, and watch as enema nozzles get whatever damn breed dog they think is cute or looks cool, then does jack shot to train them or insure they express good behavior

Really? Domestication is 75% Training, 25% genetics, I don't know you or what you know, so don't take offense, but were this dog trained to obey a command, it would have, 9 times out of 10. This dog was simply not trained, and they are not for everyone, just like guns and children (again, IMO) are too much responsibility for some people. With this new age, equality, hug the animals bullshit, comes a complete lack of respect for the fact that these are ANIMALS and NOT PEOPLE. This lack of respect is compounded when you are dealing with highly protective, untrained animals (Pits, Rottweilers et al.)

No offense but you completely misconstrued the term "domestic". Canis Familiaris, the domestic dog, does not exist in the wild and does not hunt seals in the wild. Ergo, the seal is not on the natural predatory list for the domestic dog, which was the point of response to SCJ's original post. Now if you want to talk about behavior, discipline, and "prey" instincts and their reaction of the dog we can, but the context of the point was the dog/seal interaction as potentially seen in the wild (which doesn't exist).

No offense but you completely misconstrued the term "domestic". Canis Familiaris, the domestic dog, does not exist in the wild and does not hunt seals in the wild. Ergo, the seal is not on the natural predatory list for the domestic dog, which was the point of response to SCJ's original post. Now if you want to talk about behavior, discipline, and "prey" instincts and their reaction of the dog we can, but the context of the point was the dog/seal interaction as potentially seen in the wild (which doesn't exist).

I'll just agree to disagree.

One important tenet of biology is that nothing is static, but rather in a constant state of flux. Domestic dogs showed up in the fossil record roughly 14,000 years ago. No DNA is available to test (regardless of what you saw in Jurassic Park), so researchers may only look to the species around today for answers. C. familiaris, while a very diverse species from a genetic perspective, about 2% variation by base pair (Canis genome is ~2.8 billion base pairs over 39 chromosome pairs), is unique in that it is one of the most phenotypically rich populations which can viably interbreed. C. familiaris has been shown to have originated from both wild dogs and wolves (depending on location) which share the same chromosome count as domestic dogs. Foxes and other wild dogs (i.e.African wild dog, jackals; also in the Canidae family) have different chromosome counts, and were less likely to have been involved in this process. If I had to guess, I'd say that most dogs differ from their wild ancestors by less than a percent of base pairs; a very, very small difference indeed.

The point I'm making is that C. familaris and it's non-domesticated relatives are very close genetically, all are naturally hunters/scavengers, and the differences between wild and domesticated are, like I said, more related to human interaction, but not independent of genetic influence. This is not to say that genetics play no role. My bro-in-law has a wolf hybrid, which is the most skittish, flighty dog I've ever been around. Nobody has yet looked for the specific genetic differences between C. familiaris and wild canids, but based on my observations there are some, likely related to somatic nervous system function if I may venture a hypothesis. The genetic basis for behavior is a very complex, currently emerging topic to say the least. Certainly not something we are going to settle in an online shooting forum.

Again, agree to disagree.

O6,
You make some valid points however what I feel you're failing to consider is that roughly 2% difference can equate to HUGE differences in both physical and psychological differences. After all, it is well known that humans share roughly up to 98% of their genes with chimpanzees however I think we would both agree the differences between humans and chimps are much more vast than the 2% difference would indicate. Here is an interesting read.

Genome Research

Again, the entire point was not the predation of the dog but rather the seal as a dog's natural prey.

Mike,

The link was just to the Genomics Research home page. Not sure if you had a specific article to link to or just the journal itself. I assure you, I've spent some time in that journal.

Regardless, you cite the human-chimp relationship which is analogous to the dog relationship in that the same percent-difference (2%) results in, among other things, a size variability to an order of 10, and thousands of different coat types and colors, not to mention behaviors, so I understand your reasoning. I guess all in all, my main doubt that a reasonable line can be drawn between a dog and a list of "natural prey", especially in an n=1 situation, and this is the source of my beef.

Take care.

Last edited:
Makes me really wanna run right out and replace my cute, sweet, cuddly Weimaraners with a Pitbull!

1327129523.jpg

That is BS if they don't get charged on killing the seal. It's also BS if he doesn't get charged with lying on line 11a when he bought the AR and 45 Auto recently.

Strange that my 7 year old can handle an AR-15 but these 3 adults couldn't handle their own dog.

Some of you guys can rally to the defense of the dog if you like. But no, domestics are not supposed to kill wildlife. This yak-ass may still be charged on the federal level as they have jurisdiction over marine mammals. You can quote all the genetics you want, but breeds are different and American Bulldogs are not "hunters" (that is retarded). You'll never get a heeler to point, and you'll never get an Irish Setter to move sheep. Pits and the like can be excellent animals, but they're also really good at killing stuff.

Anybody else find it a little funning that there was a seal involved, but it was a dog getting clubbed?

... by an apparently newly-born, hard-charging, bull goose loony libtard clan, no less?

How dare they hunt down that baby seal just for the thrill of the kill and not eat it.

When you are walking a 105 pounder and a 95 pounder together and a Rabbit decides to run across the lawn in front of them...... Rabbit should have stayed still.

Can't get an AR, lies on his form and now this.

Astronaut Mark Kelly (husband of Gabriel Giffords) Bull Dog Attacks Baby Seal - YouTube

My gun has killed fewer baby seals than Mark Kelly's dog.

Unfortunately the video doesn't show moments before when the baby sea lion pulled a fully loaded AR-15 on the defenseless Gifford dog. The dog had no choice , but to use lethal force. He was lucky to escape with his life.....

In all seriousness I am a dog lover but wouldn't own a dog that A. I couldn't control or B. Showed that type of unprovoked aggression.

The dog should be put down, it could be a child next....

Unfortunately the video doesn't show moments before when the baby sea lion pulled a fully loaded AR-15 on the defenseless Gifford dog. The dog had no choice , but to use lethal force. He was lucky to escape with his life.....

In all seriousness I am a dog lover but wouldn't own a dog that A. I couldn't control or B. Showed that type of unprovoked aggression.

The dog should be put down, it could be a child next....

1st. The AR joke is funny.

2nd. I'm not saying your wrong but I don't think this video shows enough to say the dog needs to be put down over this. As far as Mark Kelly, he probably should. I have a lab that could easily be voted most loving dog in the world. LOVES people, LOVES dogs. Kids could crawl all over him all day and you would never have to worry (not that I would allow that). However any cat, bird, squirrel or baby seal that wonders into my yard, is gonna be lunch for him. For this reason he doesn't go to the dog park and doesn't walk off the leash. If the ass-tronaut can't handle his dog or trust it around other animals he shouldn't have it or have it walking the beach. It doesn't IMO make the dog a kid killer that needs to put down, it could be, but him attacking a seal pup doesn't show that.