• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark Kelly Whips Up Fear of ‘Gas-Operated’ AR-15s: Here’s Why that Doesn’t Mean Anything

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ) is pushing a ban on AR-15s by focusing on their gas operation system approximately 64 years after the gun’s design included such a system.

Breitbart News reported that Sen. Angus King (I-ME) and a group of Senate Democrats, including Kelly, introduced an AR-15 ban early Thursday. In so doing, they used new catchphrases such as “lethal capacity weapons” and “gas-operated semiautomatic.”

Later Thursday, Kelly posted a video on X in which he continued to emphasize the new catchphrases by explaining that this latest attempt to ban AR-15s and similar rifles “focuses on the lethality of their internal mechanisms.”

He described the proposed ban as a “renewed effort” and explained that the firearms he wants to ban are “semiautomatic, gas-operated rifles.” He did not mention that the gas operation of an AR-15 is nothing new. In fact, it is about 64 years old if we date it back to 1959, when Colt acquired the license to manufacture the rifle.

By design, an AR uses gas emitted from a spent round, directing the gas to the bolt carrier group to reset it, at which time another round is chambered and ready to be fired with the next trigger pull. Non-gas-operated semiautomatics operate off recoil, with the action of the gun, such as a 9mm pistol, cycling as a result of the energy pushed backward during the process of firing a round.

Using the “gas operated” designation for an AR-15 does not change the fact that an AR-15 is a semiautomatic firearm that shoots one round–and one round only–per trigger pull.

Moreover, designating a gun ban as a prohibition against “semiautomatic, gas-operated rifles” just means it is a ban targeting the same guns all other “assault weapons” bans have targeted.

Y'all are looking at this all wrong! I give you the plug-in hybrid AR...
M134-minigun-26.jpg

See? No evil gas operation!

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing, only using a gassifier to create the fuel to run the generator to charge the batteries. It's only logical....
Solar panels might work too. Oh, and no evil hi cap mags either! Actually no mag whatsoever. This thing is so damn safe it ain't funny! :LOL:

Last edited:
Right up there with banning "Dihydrogen Monoxide" due to its lethalityness.
Just one table spoon could kill you. In its gasses state it can burn your skin off. In its solid state it's incredible dangerous. Dihydrogen Monoxide is so dangerous it has been know to wipe out entire towns. It should be banned immediately.

But if this flaming piece of fuck passes at least LEO’s will be exempted so we will all be safe !

Its unconstitutional as already decided by SCOTUS. Much-a-do about literally nothing. Pandering for donations.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Ummm... An M1 Garand is a gas-operated, semiautomatic too. Happened a few years before the original design you speak of. They even have those evil bayonet lugs that increase lethality a +2 against ogres.

Is this the guy that wore a diaper while driving across the Country. Never mind
that was a female astronaut....

This is a new threat. It covers nearly every semi auto made. The few that were omitted under AWBs are covered here. No more lists of 'features" based solely on gas operated.

All enabled by Democrats letting criminals run wild and driving up crime rates while the White House Gun Control Office tells the media to blame legally owned guns.

Well, yeah.

Cuz, glowball warming and stuff.

This is a new threat. It covers nearly every semi auto made. The few that were omitted under AWBs are covered here. No more lists of 'features" based solely on gas operated.

All enabled by Democrats letting criminals run wild and driving up crime rates while the White House Gun Control Office tells the media to blame legally owned guns.
Enabled by democrats? I hate to tell you this but Republicans gave us Brandon. Without their help covering up that the allegations against Trump were false, shutting down the country for a sniffle, and certifying the fishiest election in history without batting an eye. Trump would be president right now. They had a super majority less than 8 years ago that could have done so many things, but didnt....

How many impeachments have they done since holding power? Didn't they just pass another XiDen CR without changes?

People need to wake the hell up and realize they're a Uni-Party and they're all against you.

We can't vote ourselves out of this infestation.

How many impeachments have they done since holding power? Didn't they just pass another XiDen CR without changes?

People need to wake the hell up and realize they're a Uni-Party and they're all against you.

We can't vote ourselves out of this infestation.
We probably could but it would involve not allowing the media and the establishment to choose the candidates.

A recent interview I watched with a dude who participated in a senate hearing said that our politicians agree on about 95% of stuff. We only hear about the disagreements and media makes it sound like gladiator school 24/7.

There’s no one in politics worth trusting. Not your rep, not mine. No one leaves DC poor.

Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ) is pushing a ban on AR-15s by focusing on their gas operation system approximately 64 years after the gun’s design included such a system.

Breitbart News reported that Sen. Angus King (I-ME) and a group of Senate Democrats, including Kelly, introduced an AR-15 ban early Thursday. In so doing, they used new catchphrases such as “lethal capacity weapons” and “gas-operated semiautomatic.”

Later Thursday, Kelly posted a video on X in which he continued to emphasize the new catchphrases by explaining that this latest attempt to ban AR-15s and similar rifles “focuses on the lethality of their internal mechanisms.”

He described the proposed ban as a “renewed effort” and explained that the firearms he wants to ban are “semiautomatic, gas-operated rifles.” He did not mention that the gas operation of an AR-15 is nothing new. In fact, it is about 64 years old if we date it back to 1959, when Colt acquired the license to manufacture the rifle.

By design, an AR uses gas emitted from a spent round, directing the gas to the bolt carrier group to reset it, at which time another round is chambered and ready to be fired with the next trigger pull. Non-gas-operated semiautomatics operate off recoil, with the action of the gun, such as a 9mm pistol, cycling as a result of the energy pushed backward during the process of firing a round.

Using the “gas operated” designation for an AR-15 does not change the fact that an AR-15 is a semiautomatic firearm that shoots one round–and one round only–per trigger pull.

Moreover, designating a gun ban as a prohibition against “semiautomatic, gas-operated rifles” just means it is a ban targeting the same guns all other “assault weapons” bans have targeted.

What fucking retard wrote this? ^^^^^^

John
Moses
Browning

Never heard of him huh?
He was doing that gas operated thing a long long time ago.

Double that stupid assed 64 years, you'll be closer, but not quite there.
At least 129 years.

The founding fathers had no concept of a machine gun either, huh?
You'd be wrong again.

It seems like this is worse than anything else they have ever cooked up. It seems to ban replacement parts as well.

I hope they don’t get the votes to pull this off in the senate and if they do I hope the new house speaker blocks it when it gets to the house. We’ll see I guess

Enabled by democrats? I hate to tell you this but Republicans gave us Brandon. Without their help covering up that the allegations against Trump were false, shutting down the country for a sniffle, and certifying the fishiest election in history without batting an eye. Trump would be president right now. They had a super majority less than 8 years ago that could have done so many things, but didnt....
Trump didn't do gun owners any favors. He was a Democrat until he ran against Hillary. He supported an AWB that Junior talked him out of, banned Bumpstocks ( as an item I could care less, in concept no different than a magazine ban), and didn't support nation wide ccw or removing suppressors from NFA. He's not the evil incarnate as described by the DNC and controlled media but he's not all that and a bag of chips either.

5 people a day die from OD in AZ.
343 die a year by homicide/gun shot.
There isn't/hard to find breakdown of type of weapon.
The national average of 2.6% are rifle.
Using this number.
8.9 people a year by the above numbers die by rifle a year.
Mark's priorities are clearly fucked up.

R

Reactions: Jgunner
Ummm... An M1 Garand is a gas-operated, semiautomatic too. Happened a few years before the original design you speak of. They even have those evil bayonet lugs that increase lethality a +2 against ogres.
Bayonet lugs and bayonets are good-to-go in IL but flash hiders and shotgun mag extension tubes are "assault weapon attachments".

Over-gassiness is a problem many suffer for. Think there's meds for it.
"Does your semi auto rifle suffer from embarrassing over-gassiness? We have a solution... Talk to your gunsmith about AGB."

(side effects may include: less perceived recoil, improved accuracy, extended brass life. Problematic/severe complications may result from combined use with a suppressor. Talk to your gunsmith to see if AGB is right for you )

Mike

• Haha
Reactions: 232593