• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mark larue is a great guy

motodog

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
gillette wy
saw there post to aw officers and mil and i truly hope all gun companys do this althought im sure alot will cave.

Re: mark larue is a great guy

larue.png

ha.... Don't bite the hand that feeds you, but it's respectable.

It's an all of none approach for me. If you're going to do that, do that to everyone. But wait, doesn't LT have a military contract somewhere? $$$$$$$$ Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Barrett did the same thing in California when they banned the 50BMG round. They took it a step further and they wont service rifles that were already owned by a California government agency. I believe they will still service granfathered civilian owned rifles though.

There's a growing thread on the topic on ARFCOM in the industry section. It really boils down to pro-LE vs anti-LE it seems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 021411</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a growing thread on the topic on ARFCOM in the industry section. It really boils down to pro-LE vs anti-LE it seems.

</div></div>

This is too bad. If you hate cops, that's cool. If you hate people that hate cops, that's cool too.

But if you have two pro-2A groups, isn't it better to remain united until anti-2A groups are defeated?

We can all resume our infighting at a later date but there are people out there now that better deserve our negative attention.

....you know...the whole multi war front thing....

It's definitely a sensitive topic. I don't know. I just think about all the depts that are standing up for 2A. You know, the ones that won't enforce any laws on AWB.. They can't get what they need from LaRue from what it's reading.

+100 Foe Larue. I wish all companies would make moves like this. I'm not pro or anti LE, I just feel that the laws/treatment should be equal. Why should LE get special treatment? In states like MD they have the head of the state police speaking for bills that will make law abiding gun owners criminals. I hope Larue does not back down from this stance.

I is not bashing cops. It is bashing local government who impose restrictive gun laws. Nice move in my opinion.

If I understand this correctly, he is imposing the same limitations on Law Enforcement as the FEDERAL Governemwnt is imposing on it's citizens? Kind of shitty IMHO, being a street cop and having to be around them all day almost everyday I can tell you I haven't met one that agrees with what's going on FEDERALLY...he may gain a few customers by doing this but will also lose a few, including mine.

Sorry Mark, you're standing up for what you feel is right but I don't feel like what you are doing is necessarily right either. It's your business and you have every right to run it the way you wish but, two wrongs don't make a right. It really doesn't make you or your business any better then the administration. If you think some how by limiting us service or product on a state or local level that we will RISE UP and tell the government "this is back firing, it's hurting us now" and they will start to second guess their ways, you are dilusional.

Windermike you are right.LaRue is saying that he will sell to civilians,just came from another site everyone on that site had it wrong.I think what he is doing is great,trying to make a statement to our government. I support LaRue.

Those posting that this is anti-LE are confused, or statists. In a free country, the government has no power that any ordinary citizen does not have. LaRue is taking a stand for our freedom.

If you think that is anti-LE, you are missing the point.

If you don't get it, you need to read Frederic Bastiat's blueprint for a free society, "The Law"

In all honesty I really don't get it. I must not fully understand how this is emplied. I just know what it looks and sounds like. Anybody who does understand please explain so I may have a better understanding of what Mr. Larue is trying to accomplish.

I have an idea of what he's trying to do but there are ALOT of things on a local or state level we may have to enforce or put up with that we ourselves might not fully agree with. To me it's like that one officer who does something he's not suppose to but instead of punishing that officer, the department is punished as a whole.

So why doesn't this apply to mil/fed agencies again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I understand this correctly, he is imposing the same limitations on Law Enforcement as the FEDERAL Governemwnt is imposing on it's citizens? Kind of shitty IMHO </div></div>

The fed wants to ban most modern firearms from the public because they have no applicable purpose besides war. They state that weapons like the ar15 dont even have a purpose in a self defense role, ie we dont need them.

What mark is saying is, if the public doesnt need these weapons to defend themselves neither does law enforcement.

I have to agree with mark, if youre going to keep me from owning weapons for self defense because theyre too powerful the cops dont need them either. Think about it, once they ban assault weapons the criminals wont have them either so LE wont need them either...right?

I understand a little better now I guess and I guess he's standing up for what he feels is right but if he really thinks this gesture will actually change a liberals view he's ignorant. IMHO it's really doing more harm then good. Don't get me wrong I can appreciate the gesture but it's only that, especially since it doesn't apply to Mil/Fed. That might have made it seem a little more legitimate.

pusher591, Im with you %100. This is not hurting anyone but the guys taking the calls to protect the people that can't protect themselves. I will support companies that support us in doing our jobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 021411</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So why doesn't this apply to mil/fed agencies again? </div></div>

Probably because he actually makes money off them. I seriously doubt he makes a "remarkable" amount of money off the LE in the states where this is really matters.

I'm not a LaRue fanboy, but I have always liked an even playing field. If I can't have it, neither can "they". Now if you think I'm anti LE, you are wrong. Heck, my wife works for the local sheriffs deptartment. I've seen and had my fill of smug LE types. Not all are that way, but alot of them feel "they" should have access to different "stuff" than us.

Pusher, Larue is saying they will only sell to local and state governments what those local and state governments say is legal to sell to their citizens. They make no mention of federal law in their statement, but mention state and local laws more than once. It's good pr in the shooting community and I'd bet has minimal economic cost. If enough companies would follow suit then governments will start to feel the pinch. Too bad this isn't a S&W or Glock announcement.

I wouldnt sell to Cali police anyways if I was a company....... Good for him. Its mis understood by most thow. He believes if a government employee can own a AR rifle, so can a civilian. Plain and simple. Its NOT hard to understand, go back to basics.

I dont hate cops, so save that shit. If I XXXX cant own a AR rifle, WMD, whatever you wana call it neither should Law Enforcement. We still live in a free society. If you dont like it shop elsewere.

There's nothing right now I can think of that I can have that a non-LE citizen can't have. I have to abide by the same rules. The ONLY advantage I can think of is being able to obtain 10 magazines (one time deal) from Magpul under their MIL/LE program. That's about it.

hlee, I agree and understand now but just like anything else political, it's $ that matters, not solving the problem that matters. That's why I might could respect the decision more if Fed/Mil were included.

I'm out for the night, Ill check back in the AM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 021411</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's nothing right now I can think of that I can have that a non-LE citizen can't have. I have to abide by the same rules. The ONLY advantage I can think of is being able to obtain 10 magazines (one time deal) from Magpul under their MIL/LE program. That's about it. </div></div>

Come join us in cali. Things change REALLY quick. He is a member on another forum and donates to help CA gun owners. Being most people think we are all liberals and should be done away with. He makes an effort when others wont. This ALL came about BECAUSE of the new CA laws they are trying to pass and laws passed in New York.

021411, you and I both live in Texas. There is a much wider disparity in California, New York, and a few other states...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">021411, you and I both live in Texas. There is a much wider disparity in California, New York, and a few other states...</div></div>

Roger that.

The way legislation gets passed/enforced is that you exempt the group that has to pass/enforce it.

Think about all the unions, states, congressmen that were exempted for Obamacare.

I see what LaRue is doing as the same as the Vermont range that banned the Bennington (I think it was Bennington) Police from using their range for department training because that cities politicians imposed firearms restrictions despite citizen after citizen coming to their meeting and stating they did not want it. As individuals the police can use the range but in an official capacity of the town the are banned.

LaRue is respecting the common man and letting the politicians know that they will not support anyone that infringes on the 2A.

I think for the most part patrol police officers do not agree with what is coming from the banners. The politicized managament certainly likes to get out their with all their generals stars on their epaulettes and support the bans though.

I feel bad for the patrolman that suffers under Larue's decision but I am happy for the ass ache it brings to their management supporting the regulations against law abiding Americans.

I'm sure the officer can get his personal rifle serviced as an individual civilian but if the rifle has a serial number sold to a police department let that Chief listen to the complaints of his patrol officers than have to explain to the politicians pushing infringement why they cant get parts for their $3500 rifles.

In order to fight this business must support the citizen. It would suck to see a soldier not have a spare part when needed but the gov needs to realize firearms are in the fabric of our culture as an endowed right.

It would look better if Larue went nuclear and excluded the Feds also. These small businesses have to realize that if these bans go in effect their will only be so much business with the Feds. Likely one company will be chosen as a supplier and odds are it wont be Larue.

It will be good pressure until we start to see the lathes at Springfield Armory spin again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> To me it's like that one officer who does something he's not suppose to but instead of punishing that officer, the department is punished as a whole. </div></div>

BINGO!!!!!!!

Kind of like a nut job going wack-o in a school and punishing the whole country.

While I have the utmost respect for LE. I don't believe that they deserve special treatment. I also believe the courts have up held this as well. The police in Chicago, NYC, and D.C. are very anti-gun for "citizens". Cops are still human and are subject to the same stresses, and temptations we all face.

If Larue's decision affects you in a negative way then get all your fellow LE together go to you chief and complain, maybe all the chiefs will get together and complain to the law makers. On up the chain it goes. Classic flanking maneuver. The Anti-gun does it, they spew bull shit all day long to the law makers and police. Did you see D. Frankenstein a couple weeks ago at her press conference about her gun ban bill she had many LE there to regurgitate the BS they have been fed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndamendfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> To me it's like that one officer who does something he's not suppose to but instead of punishing that officer, the department is punished as a whole. </div></div>

BINGO!!!!!!!

Kind of like a nut job going wack-o in a school and punishing the whole country.
</div></div>

I tend to agree with Mark's point of view here. I don't believe there was ever an intentionon the part of the founding fathers to have the Police have the upper hand over the people they serve. I understand protecting the Police, they have a valued job to do, but when the laws start to trend toward police by making armor illegal for civilians, AP ammo illegal for civilians, and magazine and ammo restrictions for civilians, the whole thing really becomes about weaking the defensive/offensive abilities of civilians in the name of protecting the police. Which is in direct violation of the second amendment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tend to agree with Mark's point of view here. I don't believe there was ever an intentionon the part of the founding fathers to have the Police have the upper hand over the people they serve. I understand protecting the Police, they have a valued job to do, but when the laws start to trend toward police by making armor illegal for civilians, AP ammo illegal for civilians, and magazine and ammo restrictions for civilians, the whole thing really becomes about weaking the defensive/offensive abilities of civilians in the name of protecting the police. Which is in direct violation of the second amendment. </div></div>

I'm a policeand that's something I can get with, +1 for how you explained that.

I agree 100% with this and I'm in NO way , EVER against LE. But, if states, and NY is a prime example, want to shit on the 2nd amendment and the citizens, then it should apply across the board.Let LE/police be unable to get ammo,mags, and weapons and you'd see legislature turn around quick.Politicians play dirty, maybe we need a different strategy to get some equality!
There are NOT 2 classes of citizens!
I am an ex-military pilot,but I was not exempt from aviation laws and rules.
Way to go Mark!

LaRue has to protect it self first and formost . Anyone in biz understands this ,anyone who dosen't is beyond hope . The cost of a leagal battle with any government ,local,state,or fedral is untenable.

During the first AWB, I was with my cousin when he bought a glock. One of the mags that came with it was a hifh capacity, LEO marked "banned" for civilian use mags. While places like california and colorado are making laws to make it legal to sue manufacturers, or make you have insurance for owning guns, I can understand their actions. Along with the standing up for principle. Aspect of it. Good for him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndamendfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> To me it's like that one officer who does something he's not suppose to but instead of punishing that officer, the department is punished as a whole. </div></div>

BINGO!!!!!!!

While I have the utmost respect for LE. I don't believe that they deserve special treatment. I also believe the courts have up held this as well. The police in Chicago, NYC, and D.C. are very anti-gun for "citizens". Cops are still human and are subject to the same stresses, and temptations we all face.

<span style="font-weight: bold">If Larue's decision affects you in a negative way then get all your fellow LE together go to you chief and complain, maybe all the chiefs will get together and complain to the law makers. On up the chain it goes.</span> Classic flanking maneuver. The Anti-gun does it, they spew bull shit all day long to the law makers and police. Did you see D. Frankenstein a couple weeks ago at her press conference about her gun ban bill she had many LE there to regurgitate the BS they have been fed. </div></div>

The part in bold is 100% spot on and what needs to happen. And you need to VOTE!

And the big manufacturers should take heed. Why? Because a very large portion of their annual sales comes from civilian ARs. S&W for example -- about 23% through 9 months of 2012 and probably higher for all of 2012 when the final numbers of the year are released. If these companies just sit back and allow many of the big states to impose bans, their business will eventually take a meaningful hit. They should adopt Mark's policy now, which would put a ton of pressure on state and local govts. These govts could not turn to foreign manufacturers -- would look terrible sending jobs overseas and would pose a threat to national security if our LEO community was dependent on foreign contracts. Even Glock should have incentive because it's sales will undoubtedly drop if all this banning/limitation of rights starts to gain momentum.

I totally agree with Mr. Larue. Kudo's to your sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tend to agree with Mark's point of view here. I don't believe there was ever an intentionon the part of the founding fathers to have the Police have the upper hand over the people they serve. I understand protecting the Police, they have a valued job to do, but when the laws start to trend toward police by making armor illegal for civilians, AP ammo illegal for civilians, and magazine and ammo restrictions for civilians, the whole thing really becomes about weaking the defensive/offensive abilities of civilians in the name of protecting the police. Which is in direct violation of the second amendment. </div></div>

Excellent way to explain it, bm11

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In all honesty I really don't get it. I must not fully understand how this is emplied. I just know what it looks and sounds like. Anybody who does understand please explain so I may have a better understanding of what Mr. Larue is trying to accomplish.

I have an idea of what he's trying to do but there are ALOT of things on a local or state level we may have to enforce or put up with that we ourselves might not fully agree with. To me it's like that one officer who does something he's not suppose to but instead of punishing that officer, the department is punished as a whole. </div></div>

Please stop posting about this. You sound stupid!

Have to give him Kudos! Make a stand, for it may be your last!!

How many state law enforcement agencies are actually buying LaRue rifles? Probably none.

Not hating on LaRue, but I don't think he took a stance that will have any real affect on him or anyone else........kind of like Porsche saying they won't sell cars to LE agencies in states with 55mph speed limits.

BigBlue&Goldie,

I'm willing to bet that the LAPD has or has tried to purchase a couple OBRs for their snipers.

My job has OBR's on the short list to buy and I come from a state that Mr Larue would not be selling them to based on his latest statement.

OBR's are becoming more popular among LE snipers. How popular I don't know. And I know he made a bunch of rifles for the Texas Rangers.

I think this is a good move. And hope all gun makers do this. It would force otherwise liberal agencies to rethink their policies